October 25, 2014 | 1489 users online

Powder - The Body Shop - Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just don't understand this product!! This is my third time purchasing this, the problem is that I want to love it because for a while it has been $5 so it's super affordable. I have looked over the ingredients and I don't understand why this product 1. oxidizes after about an hour, 2. basically "falls" off of my face, and 3. causes me to break out; nothing in the ingredients should be doing any of this, yet every time I try it I end up returning it because of these reasons. Does anyone have any insight to why this product has this effect? I have oily skin so I'm wondering if the olive oil is just causing an adverse reaction, it might be better suited for people with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

I use this to set my Estée Lauder double wear foundation and it is super good! I lightly dust this over my foundation in my t-zone area to keep oil at bay. I also use the urban decay de-slick setting spray on too of this powder and it makes me look flawless and glowy. Just be warned to use this lightly and use more if required, using too much too soon can sometimes make it look patchy and thick. Great powder to dust over medium/high converage foundations. A lot of people are moaning about the packaging but I don't see a problem with this at all to be honest, sifter pot is quick and simple to use if used carefully.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by nadhilaadani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I have very sensitive skin (and I mean red and bery itchy whenever I use the wrong kind of make-up), this product works very well on my skin! I always look at the ingredients whenever I buy my make-up. The less 'stuff' contained in it, the better. there's only 3 main ingredients in this: (titanium dioxide, kaolin, and illite). If you have very sensitive skin like mine (you know you do if you see a dermatologist every now and then), then I would reccomend this product. Pretty high price though, though totally worth it for me. I've been using it for a year now.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by ladygoodman16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a month now, but it hasn't worked well for me. I'd been using the Body Shop all-in-one face base for a while, but since the summer weather I'd felt I wanted to wear something lighter and a bit more dewy rather than matte. This mineral foundation promised a natural no-makeup look, which is what I wanted. Unfortunately I have to admit that it's been a disaster in every way, and today I went back to using the face base and already look ten times better than when I used the minerals foundation. Firstly, and most obviously, I have combination skin, but this powder turns my whole face into an oil slick within the first hour of wear. I'd be wanting to wash my face all the time because it felt so dirty with this product on it after only a couple of hours. With the face base, this doesn't happen - the worst I'd get is a bit of shine on my nose which could be easily sorted with another application as it comes in a compact. The minerals foundation has terrible packaging and always results in a mess all over me and the bathroom after each application. It is not suitable for touch ups. So that would leave me wanting to mattify with the face base, but the face base is so starkly matte in contrast with the minerals powder, that this would look a bit odd.
The other issue is the colour matching - in store the golden ivory shade seemed to match my skin perfectly (pale but with a summer glow). However after a day of wearing this shade alone I noticed that my face seemed darker than my neck, which made it look dirty. So I (foolishly/desperately) purchased the lightest shade to try mixing the two - there seems to be a wide gap between the lightest shade and the next one up, as the lightest is almost ghostly pale and quite pink rather than yellow toned as the others seem to be. Mixing helped (or so I thought), but I still noticed a difference between my face and neck colour after a few hours of wear, so can only assume the product is oxidising and going darker on my skin.
I purchased the foundation on a promotion price. It's still a waste of money at the reduced price, but the full price is a big rip off considering how small an amount of product you get, quite apart from the poor performance.
It doesn't cover blemishes at all, but this didn't concern me as I am happy to use a concealer with my foundation as I don't like foundation to be too heavy, I just want an evening out of my skin tone. The minerals powder seemed to fit the bill upon first application, but after sitting on my skin for any length of time, it only makes me look worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Sophhsssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an okay product but majorly overpriced! You pay like £14? And get 5g I was shocked!!!! In a blusher you get more product than this. Just for an okayish powder I don't think I'd repurchase. Also I'd agree with the other comments that it oxidises..I certainly looked more orange as the day went on

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by vaivut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love stuff from the Body Shop, so I thought I'd give their mineral make powder foundation a go. I quite liked the coverage, however I noticed as they day went on my face looked more orange. It also broke me out, so I just decided to leave it. Would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Friben

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just don't like it....i don't know if probably i choose the wrong color but it definitely makes my skin looks darker and also i dont like the shimmering effect...dark n shimmering? Just no for me...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by imaniarulfah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this mineral powder. It oxidized so much on my face n turns it to be so much darker than i first apllied it. So matte n flat n left no glowing or dewy effect. The staying power is horrible n as an asian, i just cant find the colour that match in me. Definitely not to buy this again, even if someone will gives me for free, maybe i'm gonna just say "no, thanks".

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by danafranuby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product along side the Body Shop Oil Free Balancing Foundation, because the two products complement each other well. Unlike the liquid foundation though, I did actually enjoy my time using this product.

As I've said in my previous Body Shop foundation review, I appreciate the natural composition of their products. This powder sits very lightly on the skin and gives off a very well blended, smooth and even skin tone. I use this mineral powder with my other foundation products from various other brands, as well.

Pros:
- this powder is light coverage
- this powder is very light in composition, so will allow your pores to breathe
- this powder sets liquid foundations very well, without needing to build up, on the foundation

Cons:
- this powder is not waterproof, of course and will not only wash off with just the use of plain water, it rubs off during the day onto clothing, your hands when you touch your cheek, and just about everything else it comes into contact with, so be careful with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by nlakhani

I have been using this on and off because of how basic the product is and doesnt cause any irritation however... the colour and oil control are terrible!
Body shop are awful at matching skin tones to Asians indians especially but this product looks like a orange dirty tan on my skin!
It looks terrible and makes my face look like an oil stick by at least mid day. The product however doesnt break me out at all but was not willing to look that bad as a compromise for it!

The packaging is terrible too, very messy and not easy to carry around or re apply during the day.

Id opt for the Mac Blot Powder, gentle daily oil control basic powder or any selected pressed powders since they are less messy and will match your skin tone.

Not worth a re purchase and trying to get rid of my current half used product!