December 22, 2014 | 1731 users online

Lips - Hourglass - Petal Lipstain

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this lipstain as I am looking for the one for my wedding. Well, Petal did underline every possible imperfection on my lips, I didn't even know I had so many of them. It settled in every line and looked terrible. Texture is nice though, staying power is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by BonjurCutie

This was the first lip stain I had bought and compared to the lip stains I have now I have to say this is the prettiest color. The hourglass lip stain comes in three colors and supposedly this is the lightest. It's the only color from the hourglass lip stain with a GOLD sheer and the only lip stain I have ever seen with a GOLD sheer. With one swatch it looks like a light pink but with multiple swatches it looks red. Why does it look red? The gold sheer mixes with the pink after multiple swatches. once sun or whatever light bounces off the gold it looks orange and creates a red allusion. But it's not a dark red its a pink that looks kind of red. Guys if you're looking for a coral this is the one. If I was getting married I would trust this lip stain. It's a light pink as a cheek stain so that's the downside. and it could really peel your lips so make sure you moisturizer them. I was surprised that its not as popular as the stila or benefit bc 1) it's prettier 2) the price is cheaper than the benefits and about the same as the stilas. I think why it's not as popular is because this lipstain looks best if you wear very little or natural makeup. And it might not be popular because its not a good cheek stain . This can be found at sephora so just go a try it. The first time I tried it I didn't like it so I left and about 2 hours later I looked into a mirror and it look so pretty in the sunlight I had to drive back and find the lady cuz I had no idea what it was, but she was gone. So for about 2 weeks I kept going back to sephora to look for this lady. SO TRY THIS I will be so upset if this gets discontinued, I would probably have to go and buy a lifetime of these! Every time I wear it I always get compliments even from the same people including my own mom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only lip stain that has ever felt comfortable on my lips!
I chose Petal as it is the only light shade available, but I might buy the Flush one as well.
Petal is a light peachy pink shade, very easy to wear.
Once it dries, it literally feels like nothing on my lips - no stickiness, no dryness, no tightness, nothing. It is not at all drying and it lasts a fair amount of time.
On me, it doesn't last through a meal, but it does leave a darker stain that has nothing to do with the original color, but it works to keep my lips look better than they would otherwise.
I do like to wear a gloss or balm on top, just to give it some glow, but it can be worn with nothing on top and it would still look gorgeous.
I like it much more than YSL Glossy Stain, which was a flop on me.
EDIT JUNE 2013: I don't know what happened, but soon after this review I started hating this product. It just stopped applying smoothly, it looked dry and dried up my lips. I can still make it look acceptable with gloss on top, but it's really meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by SoraHime

Nice color and good staying power. Very build-able. Like the felt tip like applicator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely incorrigible when it comes to lipstains. Why, just this morning, I found myself on Ebay looking at cherry pinks from Korea...oh, dear, I must get hold of myself. Back to the Hourglass -I just purchased these from Sephora and am oh, so happy with them! The Petal is a medium peachy-corally color, the color that I thought that the Posietint would be. These lipstains apply with semi-transparency and semi-matte sheen. They are buildable, and they have a liquid lipstick consistency that allows a smooth and consistent application. I find that they last around 6 hours for me, enduring through conversation (I am a social worker, talking constantly), coffee, and meals; they fade evenly without the dreaded lip-ring. I like to put a coat of clear gloss over these, and I love knowing that I have lasting color. Ten stars! Will definitely purchase again; a bit pricey but there is a substantial amount of product. Twist up, doe-foot applicator, like Stila glosses.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No