October 21, 2014 | 981 users online

Polishes - Sonia Kashuk - 16 Tauped

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

This is the second SK polish I've tried and the second I've been really pleased with formulawise. It's not watery at all, it's thin and flowing, but easy to float on to the nail. It takes 2 coats, but so do most non-sheer polishes. It dries like lightning on my nails. I won't speak to how it holds up, because I trash a manicure in no time.

It is *not* taupe. In indoor light it's ... medium grayed lilac? faded plum? pastel raisin? Puce? There's a definite lavender cast to it, but it's muted enough to probably call a neutral. In daylight it's medium cool brown. I don't care for this color change and ended up changing my rating and returning the bottle to get a polish that stayed the pale-raisin-puce-grayed-lavender shade on my nails all the time (one of the new Wet'n'Wild polishes).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to get this color because I'm in love with browns and wanted to try something different from wears pinks that I usually prefer. The packaging comes in a rectangular glass with a short, yet functional brush. Tauped is a dark neutral brown with gray. There is no glitter, but there is a shine to it. The only complaint I have about this product is that the formula is watery. After one application, the coat is uneven and it is obvious. There are patches that are sheer and other patches that are thicker. After the second application, the coat completely covers my nails. The drying time didn't feel much longer than other nail polishes I've used. I think I'll stick to pinks and use Tauped again in autumn perhaps.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by mystryder

THE perfect taupe for my yellow undertones. ** However, **
1) this mofo takes forever to dry,
2) by the time it IS dry, it still feels slightly tacky in a really annoying way,
3) it does take 2 coats for a good, uniform finish (otherwise, a single coat isn't just slightly transparent--it's solid in some areas and transparent in others)--which when coupled w/ #1 could easily feel like it's a 2-day ordeal when you start your application at night :/

I originally bought it b/c the color AND it has the same packaging as Pure Ice (which got me more addicted to polish than OPI b/c the quality and the finishes), and i haven't been able to feed my Pure ICE addiction since there isn't a walmart nearby anymore--just Targets (weird, right?). anyways.. i thought maybe it could be manufactured by the same company, just under different names. Nope! ugh. without even touching my nails, they feel goopy and loaded. you'd think Pure ICE would be twice the price than this rather than the other way around. too bad, b/c i like at least half the sonia kashuk brushes. but this? never again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

The perfect greyed-brown taupe for me. I've tried Essie Mink Muffs (too warm and dark), China Glaze Ingrid (nicely cool but too dark), Maybelline Cocoa Bean (right depth but too warm).

The formula was surprisingly nice too. I also like the simple square packaging. From my collection of 75 polishes (various h/e and d/s), this brand has wowed me enough that I am seriously considering buying only SK polishes from now on. I will be keeping an eye out for new colors for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I have seen this taupe nail polish on a ton of blogs so decided to give it a try. It is amazing. The color is perfect for fall. This polish is one of the best I've tried. I've had this on for 7 days and only have the tiniest amount of chipping on the tips. The only negative would be it takes longer to dry than most polishes. I had to give this at least 30-45 minutes to dry. But well worth it!!