February 1, 2015 | 2055 users online

Fragrances - Pacifica - Island Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Mpnunes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite scent ever! If you like Prada Candy, you'll really like this. Sweet but very clean and refreshing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2015 7:55:00 PM More reviews by arianell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own Island Vanilla in rollerball form and it smells absolutely delicious! It's a sweet, sugary vanilla scent without being too cloying or artificial. Since it's simple and not overpowering, it also makes an excellent layering scent. I'm especially impressed with the staying power; if I apply it to my pulse points, it lingers even after an 8-hour day at work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the roll-on version of this for keeping in my purse and for airplane travel. I really like vanilla fragrances, and this one is my new favorite for cold-weather months. The roller ball does not dispense much, but it does not have to. The scent is fairly strong. It's a warm, woody vanilla that lasts several hours. Bonus points for Pacifica being a 100% vegan, cruelty-free company. And for a good roll-on design that doesn't leak everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by tessture

A very basic Tahitian-type vanilla. Nice and easy to wear, lightly sweet without being childish or cloying, but there are perfume-ish notes in there that take it out of the simple vanilla category. I suspect these notes are woods. Wood tends to add that artificial harshness that strikes me as 'perfume-y'. Would layer okay, but even at the great price point, it's not what I'm looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this scent, the second I smelled it at Whole Foods, I knew I had to buy it. I got it as a self present with the lotion and the body gel for about $30 ( The gel is 16 oz and I think the lotion is 8). The smell is to die for, when you get a whiff. After wearing this for a couple off hours, I smelt a hint of rum (or something that smells like it). After that realization, it was one of the only things my nose could think of. I don't like the smell of rum, so I took a star off. I don't have the perfume in a bottle, but in a rollerball. If I put a couple of strokes, it'll last me throughout half of the day. The scent goes great with other scents. I sprayed my Taylor Swift perfume and added this to the scent. Some guy came up to me and told me how I smelled like cotton candy, which is probably what the two of them combined smell like. Even with the rum, I LOVE this perfume. I also love how natural the company is.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I loved the scent of vanilla, but now I'm not too sure. I can appreciate sweet fragrances -- I love Prada Candy -- but this one just never stops. I smell nothing but vanilla -- loud, screaming vanilla.

I think I need to have my vanilla as a component and not as the star in my perfume. And of course, wouldn't you know it that the longevity on me was forever. Seems to be a perverse truth that the more you dislike a fragrance, the longer it hangs around.

I had my husband sniff it a few times, and his opinion never changed -- way too sweet, waytoo strong. For reference, he likes Prada Candy. I had him sniff both on me, and he again said that the Pacifica Island Vanilla was just overwhelming and unpleasant to him and that it didn't have what he described as the complexity of Prada Candy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by litolhoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells sweet, flowery vanilla. If you've ever tried nars body glow or Hawaiian Monoi oil with vanilla, it smells just like it (all use Tahitian vanilla, hence the island vanilla name).
I like layering this with flowerbomb because flowerbomb smells a little vanilla-y on me rather than floral and this scent adds some warmth to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The best way to describe this is that it smells faintly of a cheap vanilla candle. It's slightly creamy, uncomplicated, has no throw or stayng power & was very bland.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Good God, I love this perfume. It's so rich and a strong and REAL vanilla. It's Tahitian Vanilla and smells so good. Everything in this Vanilla line is UNREAL. The silage isn't too strong, but you can smell it on yourself. It's so warm and rich. It has white honey in it as well, jasmine, tea, and fruity notes.

You really do not detect the other notes too much but they're in the background and just make this scent so unique. Such a gorgeous scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by amybello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I came across this product at Whole Foods while looking for a Christmas gift for my friend.

I love this Island Vanilla roll on, it is smells similar to Pink Sugar Perfume if you like that. It is like happiness in a bottle.

It is perfect in every way.