November 24, 2014 | 1760 users online

Fragrances - Pacifica - Island Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the roll-on version of this for keeping in my purse and for airplane travel. I really like vanilla fragrances, and this one is my new favorite for cold-weather months. The roller ball does not dispense much, but it does not have to. The scent is fairly strong. It's a warm, woody vanilla that lasts several hours. Bonus points for Pacifica being a 100% vegan, cruelty-free company. And for a good roll-on design that doesn't leak everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by tessture

A very basic Tahitian-type vanilla. Nice and easy to wear, lightly sweet without being childish or cloying, but there are perfume-ish notes in there that take it out of the simple vanilla category. I suspect these notes are woods. Wood tends to add that artificial harshness that strikes me as 'perfume-y'. Would layer okay, but even at the great price point, it's not what I'm looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this scent, the second I smelled it at Whole Foods, I knew I had to buy it. I got it as a self present with the lotion and the body gel for about $30 ( The gel is 16 oz and I think the lotion is 8). The smell is to die for, when you get a whiff. After wearing this for a couple off hours, I smelt a hint of rum (or something that smells like it). After that realization, it was one of the only things my nose could think of. I don't like the smell of rum, so I took a star off. I don't have the perfume in a bottle, but in a rollerball. If I put a couple of strokes, it'll last me throughout half of the day. The scent goes great with other scents. I sprayed my Taylor Swift perfume and added this to the scent. Some guy came up to me and told me how I smelled like cotton candy, which is probably what the two of them combined smell like. Even with the rum, I LOVE this perfume. I also love how natural the company is.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I loved the scent of vanilla, but now I'm not too sure. I can appreciate sweet fragrances -- I love Prada Candy -- but this one just never stops. I smell nothing but vanilla -- loud, screaming vanilla.

I think I need to have my vanilla as a component and not as the star in my perfume. And of course, wouldn't you know it that the longevity on me was forever. Seems to be a perverse truth that the more you dislike a fragrance, the longer it hangs around.

I had my husband sniff it a few times, and his opinion never changed -- way too sweet, waytoo strong. For reference, he likes Prada Candy. I had him sniff both on me, and he again said that the Pacifica Island Vanilla was just overwhelming and unpleasant to him and that it didn't have what he described as the complexity of Prada Candy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by litolhoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells sweet, flowery vanilla. If you've ever tried nars body glow or Hawaiian Monoi oil with vanilla, it smells just like it (all use Tahitian vanilla, hence the island vanilla name).
I like layering this with flowerbomb because flowerbomb smells a little vanilla-y on me rather than floral and this scent adds some warmth to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The best way to describe this is that it smells faintly of a cheap vanilla candle. It's slightly creamy, uncomplicated, has no throw or stayng power & was very bland.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Good God, I love this perfume. It's so rich and a strong and REAL vanilla. It's Tahitian Vanilla and smells so good. Everything in this Vanilla line is UNREAL. The silage isn't too strong, but you can smell it on yourself. It's so warm and rich. It has white honey in it as well, jasmine, tea, and fruity notes.

You really do not detect the other notes too much but they're in the background and just make this scent so unique. Such a gorgeous scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by amybello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I came across this product at Whole Foods while looking for a Christmas gift for my friend.

I love this Island Vanilla roll on, it is smells similar to Pink Sugar Perfume if you like that. It is like happiness in a bottle.

It is perfect in every way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by juliefork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!!! Like many of the other reviewers, I also purchased this online without having any prior exposure. I have been in love with vanilla scents ever since the ORIGINAL L'Eau De Vanille from L'Occitane. Unfortunately, I have not come across anything even remotely similar or even different that I even like, when it comes to vanilla. I am not good at explaining notes of fragrances, but I can tell you this smells so delicious, yummy, soft, warm....not at all cloying, too obnoxiously sweet, or cheap. This is all good! I cannot believe the price points, either - simply incredible! I am seeing this at more retailers such as Fred Meyer (Kroger), Marlene's, and even Whole Foods, so if you are near any of the mentioned it should be easy to try a tester. It does seem to fade after a few hours, but this may just be my senses adapting to the scent. I have the body butter, roller ball, and the spray. Please note the spray does not come with a cap - I emailed to ask why and the reply said something about the environment. This has not been an issue for me yet, and I do have a roller ball for easy portability. I love this product, this scent, and the company's missions and commitment to the oceans and the environment. If any of you remember and loved L'Occitane's ORIGINAL L'Eau De Vanille, then I can pretty much promise you will love this, too!! I love the Blood Orange, Coconut, and the Pikake scents, too. I have layered the Coconut with the Island Vanilla and this combo smells heavenly, too!! Forgot to add how Pacifica is 100% vegan, cruelty free, uses only healthy ingredients. Always free of petrochemcials, sulfates, mineral oil, parabens, phthalates, peanut oil and propylene glycol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

By the time I was to get Island Vanilla, I already had another perfume by Pacifica and had a feel for the unique blend of scents, as well as the admirable philosophy of the company. My local Whole Foods does not carry this particular perfume, so I ordered it online, based on the description. I knew it was going to be chic kind of sweet, vanilla with a unique kick to it, and I have been in love ever since this fragrance met my skin.

All I knew when I was ordering this scent was how much I love vanilla candles and how I often wished that people would think of something warm, delicious, and sensual when I would walk by (I know a lot of people said that this scent is *unlike* the regular vanilla candles, cupcakes, and the like, and I definitely agree). I also knew that I did not appreciate the musk that a lot of vanilla fragrances often include, from catching wafts of various body mists and eau d'toilettes sold in supermarkets. Enter Island Vanilla, the perfect vanilla scent.

The package describes this fragrance as "Tahitian vanilla, loved for its fruity and slightly floral aroma, is anchored with rich Bourbon vanilla notes." It's such a delightful, feminine scent, and I have never caught anything quite like it from anyone. It is sensual and deep, not invading, but rather inviting and it wraps you in a warm blossom of softness and charm. I love how Brook (founder of Pacifica) describes it when she says, "Every time I smell it, I find something different and magical." I certainly do as well.

I roll it onto my inner elbow before bed, and when it's time to wind down, I fold my arm over close to me and just take the scent in. I love to know that these are pure essential oils, and the fact that this fragrance was made with care and passion, makes this fragrance so much more special and powerful for me. I practically fall asleep to it. I will attest to the long lasting power of good 5-6 hours, if not more, which, for a natural perfume, is amazing. I haven't worn this fragrance out to school much, but now that I think of it, I will. It is just meant to be shared. I will certainly repurchase!

*** *** ***
Edit 10/20/13: Put it on last night at 11pm, and it was gone by 830am. So I personally don't get 10 hours of wear, like at least one reviewer has. I would guess about 6 hours. I wish this scent "projected" a little more, but then again, it is a natural perfume, and pretty strong at that. Love it.