November 25, 2014 | 1843 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Outremer

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most gorgeous color of eyeshadow I've ever seen (my favorite color is electric/cobalt blue)!
Looking at the color in the pan alone makes me extremely happy lol

Unfortunately, this eyeshadow is not nearly as pigmented as it looks in the pan (even while using the NARS eye primer underneath) and it's also slightly chalky and very hard to work with :(

I like to run this through my lower lashline on top of Urban Decay's Chaos pencil and it does look good, but again, not as vibrant!

To date, my favorite cobalt blue product is the SugarPill Royal Blue pigment which is breath taking I'm not even joking :P And it's ten times more pigmented and easy to work with especially when used wet.

I wouldn't buy this again, then again, I won't be able to even hit pan on this because you get too much product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Its such a rich,majestic,regal,luxurious color! makes perfect sense that its from NARS!
only NARS can capture the the sea into an eyeshadow!!!
bravo NARS!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The second I saw this color I HAD to have it. While the color is perfection, it's not the EASIEST to use. This stuff takes a lot of layers to be as bold as you want it, which I don't mind. You need a good matte eye primer [I like UD's Eden]. It really makes brown eyes pop. Totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Outremer is a matte bright electric blue. I've been looking for an eyeshadow like this forever (okay, well, actually only since I saw it on the Anna Sui and Stella McCartney runway during NYFW), but everything I've seen was too turquoise, too dark, too purple, not bright enough, or had shimmer. But Outremer? Dude, it's 100% pure PERFECTION.
The pigmentation isn't great, but that's what's so great about it--you can apply one layer for a nice wearable blue, or you can apply it wet or over a heavy layer of UDPP to apply true to its color (or pack on 4-5 layers). Its bright blue color makes my dark brown eyes pop!
For a special occasion, I've worn it as a super dramatic, head-turning smokey eye, with this on the upper lid and lower lash line, Dior Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue (it's the same electric blue as Outremer), a thin line of MAC Blacktrack on the upper lash line for a bit of definition, and soft nude lips. Can you say "glamorous"?
For a more toned-down daytime look, I wore neutral eyeshadow on the upper lids and lined my lower lash line with this, finished with black mascara and a bit of black liner on the upper lash line.
I have also worn it as a cream/liquid eyeliner. For liquid, I mix it with Fix+. For cream, I mix it with MAC Mixing Medium, or any white cream product. You can do this with any eyeshadow.
You can also wear it as a mascara by mixing it with a white mascara primer.
No matter what the look I create with this, I always get compliments! That's one of the reasons why I love it, but honestly, I love it pretty much for the color.
Otherwise, the formula isn't that great. It's smooth, but it's not soft, nor is it very buttery.
The longetivity, on the other hand, is great. On my bare semi-oily eyelids, it lasts for a good 7 hours. With a primer or base, it lasts all day long.
The packaging is just the classic, iconic NARS black, ultra-slim, ultra-chic compact with a full-sized mirror.
It retails at $24 for 0.07 oz. of product.
Would I repurchase? A billion times!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a brilliant, vibrant, electric blue. The color is great for brown eyes. I build to result in vibrant color, and I layer over my eyeliner. I haven't worn it over the entire lid yet, as I wear it every day for work, but I'd love to build a blue, "smokey" eye with this. It definitely needs primer or it migrates (for those of us with oily skin).

Great color and a great shadow. I took off a star for the high price and small container, but it's my daily, go-to shadow right now, so I'd probably purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by allThingsGirl

This color is amazing. It compliments my skin tone (mac NC40 yellow undertones), dark brown hair and dark brown eyes very well. They make my eyes really stand out. I generally wear it alone on the lid, in the crease, and as liner and then with a brow highlighter and lots of lashes. It is a bit deeper than MAC's Atlantic Blue. The texture is hard to work with but it's pigmented. You will definitely need to work with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by AdreeC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all let me say that this product is not your friend. It is not buttery soft, it is not easy to apply and it will not coach you through blending. You NEED to play around with this and have a game plan when using it, otherwise it will not give you any results. That being said, this is my holy grail blue. The color is so rich and vibrant when you apply. It can be used as an lid color, blending color, or even an eyeliner. I LOVE this color and am so happy that they made it apart of the permanent line, I've already hit pan on my first one and will most definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by jerradtrahan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a true blue, however, i find it only stays the bright tone when applyed over primer. without it, it darkens and isnt bright at all. which can be good for days that you want a darker look. but if your stunned by its vivid color, definatly pair it with your fav eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by adaj40

I loved this ES the minute I saw it on display! I first put a base of Buxom creme shadow(the cobalt blue one), then I put this over it. Lasts FOREVER when applied this way! For some reason, this goes on WAY better than the Nars Daphne which is another electric color. Would definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this for $23 USD. I probably won't ever repurchase this ever, as the NARS single-shadows last forever. Plus, since I wouldn't wear this bright blue regularly I can't see me ever getting to the bottom of the pan.

I LOVE this blue with no violet undertones - just pure, electric blue. I'm an east Asian with normally pale skin (I'm now about a shade darker after the summer). I would never wear this like the model does in the NARS ads. I first layer a pale ivory shade all over my lids, then a very pale peach from the lash line up to about the middle of the lid. I then blend tiny amounts of the blue into the crease and the outer corners of the eyes. Nude lips or peach lipgloss looks great with this.