MAC Mattene in Delectable

4.5

on 7/1/2013 3:43:00 PM

Gorgeous peachy beige colour, feels so light and natural and didnt have to reapply more than once throughout the day! Will definitely be buying when it runs out :-)

on 9/29/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Could this be the greatest nude lipstick of all time for olive/tanned skins? It has a beautiful soft, warm peach undertone to it which flatters anyone from an nc30-nc45 nw25-nw35. Mattene texture is semi-matte so it's long wearing, however not as dry and long wearing at other matte textures. I wear it with Oak or Stripdown liner and love to mix or with Yash lipstick for an even nuder nude. Love love LOVE it!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a NC40 with slightly darker lips then usual. This looked really crayonish on me. It set into the lines of my lips. Only way this can work for me is with a lipgloss and a nude lipliner. Not sure if this will work with darker skintones.

on 12/27/2011 6:40:00 PM

I really do love MAC mattenes. This peach/beige/orangey color is great on my NC15 skin, a really nice warm peach. Good pigmentation, not too much and not too little.

on 11/1/2011 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm a MAC NC45 and a Bobbi Brown Warm Almond. I bought two of the Delectable Mattene lipsticks and I don't even wear any lip pencil with them at all!

The MAC website describe's Delectable's color as an 'orangey-beige' which explains why this has been the only wearable beige lipstick I think I've ever tried that looked good, from my memory. It doesn't have a thick, paste-y appearance on my lips at all, it is easy to make sheer to wear if you prefer, and it has a subtle soft-focus sort of matte look on my lips.

I like wearing Delectable with black eye liner. I love it!

on 10/3/2011 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beautiful orange-peach. I was hesitant at first because of the orange tones, but I ended up buying it after trying it on because it worked out great on my NC25 Asian skintone. Although it's semi-matte, I don't find the formula drying at all. The only "con", if there has to be one, is that there's less product than the average MAC lipstick - only 2.3grams instead of the usual 3 grams.

on 10/2/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am Irish-pale and freckled. When I asked the MAC artist for a recommendation on a lip color and he came at me with this orangeypeach color I froze - that is the last color I would have picked with my complexion. However, this is why he is the expert - with lovenectar gloss over top, this lasts forever and looks beautiful and fresh with my complexion. The mattene formula is great, and lasted through drinks and dinner! I want more in this formula!

on 9/25/2011 7:49:00 PM

Delectable is an opaque orangey-peach that is flattering with my NC30 skintone. It is semi-matte with a slight sheen, and is non-drying. I like the color, and the feel of it on my lips, but I do prefer a gloss over it. I'm glad MAC released a shade like this along with the darker shades in the Posh Paradise collection.

Popular Lipsticks