April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Product:
It is a relatively watery liquid foundation that will definitely run down your hands if you tilt it. It gives medium coverage. It doesn't build up that well so I personally do not use it to spot cover problem areas. When applied to the skin, it feels very thin, and sets very very fast. So make sure to use a quick hand while applying it. It is extremely easy to spread, but not too blendable (matches its thin formula). I'd say it covers redness well except for those purple-ish red pimples. It covers 80% of my acne scars, which means i still conceal over it.
It's pretty good with my oily t-zone; i set it with a setting powder after I apply it and I only need to powder/blot it once throughout an 8 hour day. This foundation also does not transfer. If i talk on the phone, there will be no marks left behind on the screen. But if you're sweating your balls, then it will probably have some minimal transferring.
Note that this foundation also has that typical Dior foundation scent, which i absolutely adore. If you're scent sensitive, I suggest you to go in store it and smell it :P

Price:
The price is not high compared to other foundations that are sold in Sephora, and especially when it's Dior. However, it's still on the higher end of the price range. Well is it worth is, is a better question to ask. In my opinion, yes it is. It is my favourite foundation because it does everything I want it to do. Put it in another way, i'd rather spend more money on a foundation that requires less blotting, less hassle with a perfect colour match than spending less on a foundation that does weird things to my skin, moves around throughout the day,etc.

Packaging:
Very luxurious, high end packaging but very bulky. It can be a hassle to travel with it as it's heavy (made with glass) and takes up a good amount of space in my makeup bag. So i'd recommend you putting a small amount in another container.
The pump is great! Good control over it and not messy.

How I use it:
I usually apply this with a flat foundation brush since I find that this foundation does not require blending; in face, it looks bad and streaky with blending. I start with the right side of my cheek, then my left cheek, chin, nose, and then forehead (no reason for this order, it just works for me). Then i set it with a setting powder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skin Type: Normal with Oily T-zone
Skin Issues: Redness, Acne scarring/ Hyperpigmentation, Breakouts/Pimples, Oiliness
Skin Concern: Break out to Cyclopentasiloxane
Eye Colour: True Brown
Eyelash Type: Thin, medium length, hard/stiff, pretty full
Eyebrow Type: Full
Hair Type: Dry near the ends, oily at the roots. I wash my hair every other day. Coloured once. Not damaged.
Hair Colour: Brown
Skin Colourings:
ALMAY Wake-Up Liquid Foundation - 020 Buff
BAREMINERALS Original Foundation - Medium Beige (a tad too dark)
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector - Natural
CLINIQUE Even Better Makeup - Ivory 003
DIOR DiorSkin BB Creme - Fair 002
DIOR DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF - Cameo 022
DIOR DiorSkin Nude Foundation - Cameo 022
MAC Face and Body Foundation - C2
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation - NC 25 (a tad too yellow)
MAC Studio Fix Powder - NC 25 (a tad too yellow)
MAKEUP FOREVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation - 120
MAKEUP FOREVER Mat Velvet + Foundation - 30
MAYBELLINE Fit Me Foundation - 120
REVLON Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup - Nude

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes Yes Yes! This is my number one foundation as of today! I've been using this for a whole week now, and I'm in love!!! The foundation is quite thin and when applied to the face, I only need one pump. It covers like a dream, but maintains natural looking skin. It doesn't look like the foundation is sitting on top of your skin, it really looks like my actual skin, but better! I'd say the coverage is medium, but you can build it up to full. It lasts pretty well too, I tried it with no primer or setting powder, I'd say it lasted me a good 6 hours! Perfect! Btw, I'm NC42, I use 31 sand.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by tiny101

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with rosacea. The only reason I stumbled upon this foundation was because it is incredibly hard to find a match for my skin tone (fair to light with strong yellow undertones), and Dior's #011 is just perfect. The downside is that this shade isn't available for this particular foundation (it's available for the Nude liquid foundation) in North America and I had to order it on Ebay, where the price was hiked up by quite a bit.

[ PROS ]
- Great coverage that hides my redness and acne scarring
- Can be sheered out for a lighter look as well
- Fantastic shade range
- Nice finish especially when using a beauty blender (using a flat top brush didn't work as well)
- Packaging comes with a pump, which is very convenient

[ CONS ]
- Scented and could potentially irritate those sensitive to fragrances
- Starts to disintegrate in the T-zone after 2-3 hours even with a setting powder
- Can cause slight irritation for those with problematic skin like me

All-in-all, I wear this foundation when my skin isn't acting up or being overly sensitive, since the coverage and colour is phenomenal. The greatest downside is definitely the fragrance, but until I find a replacement, I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jp756

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best foundation I've ever used. I work 12 hour days and this is the only foundation I've found that will still on my face without going patchy. I'm a medium yellowy tone and use 031 it's a perfect colour match, natural but adds a bit of glow. Highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ended up with this foundation after going to Sephora to try their new fancy schmancy foundation match thingy. It gave me results that were way too dark, but after coming down about 2 or 3 levels, I ended up with this in 031 sand. When the MUA put it on my face I was impressed at how well it matched, so I bought a bottle. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and am quite pleased. It does not oxidize and looks absolutely lovely. I usually don't like foundations with scent, but I love this one.

I think that I will repurchase if I ever need to (I have a lot of foundation to go through), but I think this is at the top of my list.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by gingerlicious09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down the best foundation I've come across in my 25 years of existence. I discovered this foundation when I was having my makeup done at Sephora on Lexington Ave in NYC. The MUA matched my skin to Peach (23) & I knew as soon as it touched my skin that I had to have it! What I love about it is it's lightweight texture, fluid application, & full-coverage. My skin is incredibly smooth & flawless when I'm using this foundation. The volume of complements I've received is beyond anything I have ever experienced.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by themindispoison

I have this Cameo (22) and utterly love it! My one problem with it its that its not a perfect match with my skin tone - but I blame that on a hurried swatching done on an airport lounge.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Coraldc

I was really impressed with this product... if only they had it in my shade!!

I was colour matched in the shade 010 Ivory at the department store, and I thought it looked amazing (under their lighting) so was talked into buying this product.

When I got home and put it on myself for the first time, I was disappointed with the colour match. It was too dark for my very fair skin, and when I searched online I found that this shade is actually meant for people with neutral undertones, where as I have pink undertones which is why it didn't suit me.

The actual formulation had the most beautiful finish, it looked gorgeous without any powder. It gave a matte finish, but not really matte - more satin really. Gives medium coverage which is build-able.

If you can find this in your shade I would recommend this product. I have combination/oily skin, and I'm also prone to sensitive skin. This product did not give me a bad reaction.

PROS:
- Gorgeous finish
- Lovely packaging. Comes with a pump, so you don't waste product and it's not messy. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous too! It's frosted glass - stunning.
- Nice smell, not strong and doesn't linger
- Did not give me a bad reaction, and I'm usually prone to sensitive skin
- SPF 25 sun protection

CONS:
- Did not have this in my shade, and the range doesn't have that many shades
- Dries really quickly, so you have to work quickly to get this to blend properly
- Expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Gigit77

Priced well, this is the best foundation I've ever used. It lasts all day, great shade to match my skin, and a flawless finish to disguise my age spots

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Jen3brooke

This foundation brightens your face. It makes you look fresh and has a natural matt like lovely finish. However, I find that the coverage is not that great. I have tiny freckles on my cheeks that can be easily covered by many foundations and this one didn't even cover it, even after I attempted to build up the coverage. But overall if coverage is not what your after and more for natural Matt bright finish then this is for you!