Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 4.00 % - TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.37 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - DIMETHICONE - ISODODECANE - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXILETHYL DIMETHICONE - ACRYLATES / DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER - DIMETHICONOL/METHYLSILANOL/SILICATE CROSSPOLYMER - MICA - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - STEARIC ACID - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - ALUMINA - VP/VA COPOLYMER - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - PROPYLENE CARBONATE - TETRASODIUM EDTA - ALGIN - LINALOOL - LIMONENE - BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - MALVA SYLVESTRIS (MALLOW) EXTRACT - BHT - CITRONELLOL - SERINE - XANTHAN GUM - SODIUM STEARATE - ATELOCOLLAGEN - ZINC GLUCONATE - SODIUM HYALURONATE - SODIUM CHLORIDE. [ /-: CI 77002 (ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE) - CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) - CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) - CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]. N 06069/A

on 5/27/2015 3:16:00 AM

I love this! I've been switching it up and the Dior Nude foundation as well.
This is definitely my new favourite - you can go from a lighter coverage to a fuller coverage easily without it caking up. I definitely need a setting powder or spray but apart from that it works wonders and I always get asked about my soft-looking skin.

on 4/26/2015 7:21:00 PM

Colour 010 is a perfect match for me. I only need a tiny amount to even my skin tone and cover small flaws so I use it everyday and it barely looks like I'm wearing any makeup at all. Can also easily apply more for full coverage when needed. It's one of the only foundations that lasts all day for me. I also love that it has spf.

on 4/16/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I normally use Estée Lauder doublewear, however lately I have been finding that it is too heavy for me and emphasises pores. I tried chanel's long wear foundation which miserably failed to deliver long lasting coverage on my normal skin. I found myself with an oily t-zone after 5 hours of wear, and chalky elsewhere. I went to my local Dior counter on a whim and was given a couple of testers in shades 32 and 31. I tested each for a full day and found 32 was too orangey on my medium fair, but tanned skin, and 31 was too yellow. Both looked like I was wearing foundation. I went back and was matched with shade 30 which was the perfect combination for my skin. I have been using this for a week or so and my thoughts are that it is the perfect combination of being luminous, yet not oily. It has staying power, lasting all day into the evening. It makes my skin glow, and highlighted. A definite winner for me! HG foundation!!

on 4/10/2015 10:05:00 PM

So this is my first review! I bought this product after combing through lots of foundation reviews here on this site, which finally funnelled me into purchasing Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup in shade 020, Light Beige. I was unhappy with my revlon photoready foundation and Max factor pan stick and felt I needed to finally get serious with my foundation, given my age. I'm lucky I have fairly unlined skin and a clear complexion and I do look younger than my age, but I'm finding redness is increasing, tiny veins on the side of the nose, and some melasma as well is 'muddying' my skin.
I used the filters to find reviews posted by ladies around my age and complexion/eyes/hair to help me choose the shade, as I hate going in to the makeup counters of department stores. I took a punt, and I have to say, it paid off. This foundation is perfection. I don't think I'd be able to find any greater improvement of the appearance of my skin without some kind of intervention. I wasn't sure, as my eyes aren't great, so asked my daughter - she said it hadn't settled in my pores (as foundation usually does), and that it looked lovely, smooth, and natural. So, the specs:
Skin type: normal with oily t zone. I can wear both warm and cool colours, so am most likely neutral in undertone. Slightly enlarged pores on cheeks near nose. Some pigmentation and redness due to roscacea. All excellently covered with no cakiness by this makeup!
Shade 020: I'm a fine-haired, straight-haired blonde with blue eyes and fair skin. I decided to match the makeup to the skin on my neck, rather than face, as I feel my face is way too dark for the rest of me! Light beige is perfect.
Product usability: I was worried the scent would be overpowering, having used CD lippies in the past which were heavily perfumed and made me sneeze, however, the scent is pleasant, and light enough to not be a problem for my sensitive nose. It also seems to dissipate fairly quickly. I like the small nozzle and pump action - it dispenses just the right amount of product so there's no wastage. The only con I can see is that perhaps there's not enough 'spreadability' to this makeup as I'd like or am used to. I do feel it doesn't 'glide' on or spread easily, and it takes a bit of effort to work it across the face. I originally tried using fingertips, then a brush; next time I'm going to try using a natural latex makeup sponge. Perhaps the fact is not easily spreadable is why it stays put so nicely all day!
Texture/finish: this gives me a fine-textured look that is neither moist- looking or feeling, nor entirely matte. On me it really is a neutral kind of finish, which I like.
Wear: stayed put all day with no transferring, shifting, melting, or gravitating into pores. To my eyes it looked virtually the same at the end of the day as it did when I put it on! I did not use a finishing powder, as I hate the powdery look and haven't found the right one yet.
Price: I got this reduced on eBay for around $60 delivered - a bargain compared to what Myers or DJs charge! I'd prefer to pay less but really, the product performance is worth the cost.
Highly recommended!

on 3/29/2015 1:44:00 PM

I was contemplating to buy it or not as I was previously using a compact powder foundation by Estée Lauder. Wanted to explore liquid foundation and friend recommended Dior and Make Up Forever. After reading reviews and testing it out at the counters, I decided to take a risk and give Dior a go. I love this! I use this after concealer(a lot of marks and acne scars) I have sensitive skin prone to breakouts around chin area. Combination oily skin. Upon first day of using it , I got complements that my makeup looks good. Just a pump and half is needed. I don't have a brush yet so I use my fingers. Glides smoothly across skin and easy to distribute. Gives a smooth velvety glow. I should have looked into this product earlier and could have spared myself some
Opportunity cost. Medium coverage but buildable. No regrets buying this (as of now). Hopefully it will maintain this way in the future as well. One lippie missing because of the weight of the bottle and its fragile. Overall, love it! No breakouts from this yet!

I love this foundation! I purchased it for the 2nd time (a splurge for me, as it does cost $50!). Nice, build-able coverage, doesn't yellow or change color throughout the day. I have some broken capillaries around my nose and on my cheeks. This foundation does a decent job covering them, but then I dab some more after the foundation has set. Flawless, full coverage that is not dry or too shiny. I would say it has a velvet finish.

My skin is combination, dry on the cheeks but I still have a bit of oil around the T-zone. This foundation seems to even it out during the day, no flakes and no shine either. Very light, unobjectionable fragrance, quick drying time. It's not sticky at all in the southern summer either, hurrah!

It lost on the rating due to the price, goodness it's hard on a girl's budget!!

At the dior counter, the assistant used what looked like an iPhone to see which shade was right for my natural complexion and she got 010, which is very neutral. This feels like air on the skin and is worth every penny. Has a good SPF and gets me vote for best high end light foundation. It makes skin glow a little but isn't heavy. Amazing gadget!

on 3/4/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been wearing the Dior Star foundation (reviewed), but was concerned it would not work whilst on holiday in Hawaii (heat and humidity). The Dior sa at David Jones recommended the Forever which I bought in colour 020 (light beige).
I have been wearing the Forever for 2 months now and am loving it. Ladies East of the 40 meridian draw closer!

Reference standard: My skin is light olive, few stubborn melasma marks on forehead and sides of cheeks, naturally aging normal skin. I have a few horizontal lines on forehead and one deeper vertical crease between eyebrows.

Foundation colours: Mac Nc20-Nc25, Dior 020, EL DW Tawny, Clarins Everlasting 109 Wheat (little too pink).

This foundation is close to Hg for me personally. I hate to accord it Hg status (hence only 4 lippies) as Hg is reserved for that illusive foundation that is 100% perfect (impossible otherwise we would all stop buying and trying new foundations). Here's why I love this foundation at this moment in time...

1) Applies and spreads smoothly with brush, sponge or fingers
2)Provides flexible coverage options from light to medium to full without caking
3)Dries to a beautiful satin or soft focus matte without looking flat
4)Does not accentuate facial flaws like lines, wrinkles or pores
5)Does not rub off or "disintegrate" during the day (with my normal skin)
6)Works well with light dusting of powder (I use Mac mineralized skinfinish)
7)Has sun screen (25)

I have received compliments recently about how "amazing" my skin and complexion looks. This can only be the foundation as my natural skin tone is mottled due to my melasma (which this foundation covers beautifully without caking like eldw and mac studio fix) and at 44 I obviously have "textured" skin with few fine lines below eyes and the road map on my forehead.

I thought the Dior Star was lovely, but it does "sweat" and not cope as well in humidity like the Forever does. I think I also prefer the very gentle, soft satin look of the Forever....but that's personal preference.

Any negatives?
1)It is not cheap at $79 (Australia), but worth it.
2)It does not last that long for me personally as I use 4 pumps at a time. (1 1/2 months daily use)
3) Oxidises very slightly on my skin (less when I wear my favourite primer Garnier Perfect Blur 5 sec.)
4)It is scented which does not personally bother me, but may be problematic for ladies with sensitive skin or fragrance issues

I highly recommend this foundation for ladies in my age group with similar skin issues. I am on my 2nd bottle....which speaks for itself.

on 3/3/2015 11:38:00 PM

This foundation is amazing its one of my favorites and i will usually buy it to treat myself. I love this foundation because of how natural it looks, it sets very beautifully and works well with any setting powder. the colour range isnt the best but i usually fix it with a powder foundation so its no big deal. This is not a full coverage foundation, i have acne prone skin and i always conceal underneath but i over look the fact that its sheer/medium because i love how it looks soo natural.

on 2/24/2015 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the Forever flawless foundation for about a week now. It is definitely medium coverage but feels so light and silky. To me it doesn't feel like I have anything on. My skin is pretty dry due to the winter and I don't notice it clinging to dry patches. I use a moisturizer and the Too faced primer only on my cheeks (I don't like to use this on my chin for fear I will break out) before applying the Forever flawless with my fingers. I then set it with a Sephora translucent powder. It gives a flawless finish and in the last week I have received several comments that I look great:)
The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because it is not long wearing, it definitely fades a little during the day but if you do have to reapply it doesn't look cakey at all. I use the Estee Lauder Goddess bronzer over it and it immediately brightens up my face. It is by far the best foundation I have ever used. I love how it looks like you have nothing on but makes you look flawless:)