Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

4.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 4.00 % - TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.37 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - DIMETHICONE - ISODODECANE - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXILETHYL DIMETHICONE - ACRYLATES / DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER - DIMETHICONOL/METHYLSILANOL/SILICATE CROSSPOLYMER - MICA - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - STEARIC ACID - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - ALUMINA - VP/VA COPOLYMER - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - PROPYLENE CARBONATE - TETRASODIUM EDTA - ALGIN - LINALOOL - LIMONENE - BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - MALVA SYLVESTRIS (MALLOW) EXTRACT - BHT - CITRONELLOL - SERINE - XANTHAN GUM - SODIUM STEARATE - ATELOCOLLAGEN - ZINC GLUCONATE - SODIUM HYALURONATE - SODIUM CHLORIDE. [ /-: CI 77002 (ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE) - CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) - CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) - CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]. N 06069/A

on 3/4/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been wearing the Dior Star foundation (reviewed), but was concerned it would not work whilst on holiday in Hawaii (heat and humidity). The Dior sa at David Jones recommended the Forever which I bought in colour 020 (light beige).
I have been wearing the Forever for 2 months now and am loving it. Ladies East of the 40 meridian draw closer!

Reference standard: My skin is light olive, few stubborn melasma marks on forehead and sides of cheeks, naturally aging normal skin. I have a few horizontal lines on forehead and one deeper vertical crease between eyebrows.

Foundation colours: Mac Nc20-Nc25, Dior 020, EL DW Tawny, Clarins Everlasting 109 Wheat (little too pink).

This foundation is close to Hg for me personally. I hate to accord it Hg status (hence only 4 lippies) as Hg is reserved for that illusive foundation that is 100% perfect (impossible otherwise we would all stop buying and trying new foundations). Here's why I love this foundation at this moment in time...

1) Applies and spreads smoothly with brush, sponge or fingers
2)Provides flexible coverage options from light to medium to full without caking
3)Dries to a beautiful satin or soft focus matte without looking flat
4)Does not accentuate facial flaws like lines, wrinkles or pores
5)Does not rub off or "disintegrate" during the day (with my normal skin)
6)Works well with light dusting of powder (I use Mac mineralized skinfinish)
7)Has sun screen (25)

I have received compliments recently about how "amazing" my skin and complexion looks. This can only be the foundation as my natural skin tone is mottled due to my melasma (which this foundation covers beautifully without caking like eldw and mac studio fix) and at 44 I obviously have "textured" skin with few fine lines below eyes and the road map on my forehead.

I thought the Dior Star was lovely, but it does "sweat" and not cope as well in humidity like the Forever does. I think I also prefer the very gentle, soft satin look of the Forever....but that's personal preference.

Any negatives?
1)It is not cheap at $79 (Australia), but worth it.
2)It does not last that long for me personally as I use 4 pumps at a time. (1 1/2 months daily use)
3) Oxidises very slightly on my skin (less when I wear my favourite primer Garnier Perfect Blur 5 sec.)
4)It is scented which does not personally bother me, but may be problematic for ladies with sensitive skin or fragrance issues

I highly recommend this foundation for ladies in my age group with similar skin issues. I am on my 2nd bottle....which speaks for itself.

on 3/3/2015 11:38:00 PM

This foundation is amazing its one of my favorites and i will usually buy it to treat myself. I love this foundation because of how natural it looks, it sets very beautifully and works well with any setting powder. the colour range isnt the best but i usually fix it with a powder foundation so its no big deal. This is not a full coverage foundation, i have acne prone skin and i always conceal underneath but i over look the fact that its sheer/medium because i love how it looks soo natural.

on 2/24/2015 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the Forever flawless foundation for about a week now. It is definitely medium coverage but feels so light and silky. To me it doesn't feel like I have anything on. My skin is pretty dry due to the winter and I don't notice it clinging to dry patches. I use a moisturizer and the Too faced primer only on my cheeks (I don't like to use this on my chin for fear I will break out) before applying the Forever flawless with my fingers. I then set it with a Sephora translucent powder. It gives a flawless finish and in the last week I have received several comments that I look great:)
The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because it is not long wearing, it definitely fades a little during the day but if you do have to reapply it doesn't look cakey at all. I use the Estee Lauder Goddess bronzer over it and it immediately brightens up my face. It is by far the best foundation I have ever used. I love how it looks like you have nothing on but makes you look flawless:)

on 2/9/2015 3:40:00 PM

Great medium natural coverage, semi matte. I'm a NC 45 in Mac studio tech and 050 is a perfect match. The holy grail.

on 1/13/2015 10:34:00 PM

unfortunately...I broke mine last friday on my tile floor. My heart literally broke because I never thought it would happen to me. What's worse is i only got 2 uses out of my new bottle (it was my second time buying this foundation) thats 50$ down the drain. But..back to the review, its literally amazing and THE perfect foundation, ESPECIALLY for my sensitive acne prone & oily skin. Maybe not for photography however. It has SPF 25, surprisingly there's barely a white cast if any at all (at least for me), but you can tell with flash that I have foundation on. No flash your skin looks airbrushed, which is also how it looks in person! It actually looks really natural in person, and it is buildable coverage. Whether you use a buffing, stippling brush or beauty blender..blends so beautifully. It does not feel heavy on the skin either & feels like skin if you touch it. I hate to admit this & this is my first time doing this..but I slept with my makeup on after clubbing. And this still didnt break me out & looked not too bad in the morning may I say. Always stays on whenever I go out as well never, doesnt slide around my oily skin. Perfect day to night foundation great for everyday and every occasion. This is a high end foundation where you can actually see the difference splurging can make. I've used a few different types of high end foundations but this beats them. the ONLY problem I have is the scent..I felt like I was directly applying perfume to my face. But still, its fine for my sensitive skin. Definitely recomend if you really want to splurge and get your money's worth.

on 12/29/2014 6:11:00 PM

My skin: oily (sometimes dry), acne - so it's slightly red, big pores and blackheads, a fairly medium skin colour (blue veins). Ive worn this for 1 day - today. I made sure to find the right color, as I asked for help in the dior section. I got my own foundation removed. When she had just added the product to my skin (a big spot on my cheek) it stung for a few seconds - which frightened me, but didn't happen again. It was refreshingly moisturising, which was good, as my skin was really dry today (when I took it off, my skin wasn't dry anymore :o). The Dior foundation dried almost instantly and wasn't sticky or cakey. It almost felt like a bb creme, as I could barely feel it was there. Good if you want that natural look. It felt like my skin could breathe, but it still delivered great coverage instantly. With only one layer my skin looked so nice - like it had the airbrush-effect. I'm used to bareMinerals mineral powder, but this foundation laid a thin and smooth layer onto my skin. It also smelled nice, fresh and not synthetic. CONS: a few minutes after it was applied to my skin, it oxidised. But I also didn't apply a primer to control my oil, so keep that in mind. It got a bit darker, but it wasn't too bad. I shortly after went to the gym. I didn't sweat that much during the workout. I checked my skin and it was like the foundation has found the smallest lines of my face (e.g. the micro ones on my forehead, not even smile lines!). I guess I blotted my skin too hard, as the product fell off (after gym). My skin wasn't actually that greasy after the gym, it was just slighty shiny. It's really pricy though. The Estée Lauder double wear, is almost the same price though (it was my second pick today - I'm in the hunt for a perfect foundation). So for me, I'm going try and apply my Benefit POREproffesional primer, to see if it can stop the oxizidisation. I am still bummed out about the price.. so if I don't find any better than this, I'll return to either this or Youngblood/bareMinerals loose mineral powder... Hope this was detailed, helpful and understandable.

on 12/25/2014 3:20:00 PM

My HG foundation! I bought it after doing a skin IQ test at Sephora. I have combination skin: I am often dehydrated (my addiction to coffee's only downside...) so I get dry patches in my otherwise oily t-zone area. My biggest problem is sensitivity since my skin reacts badly to many things. When it comes to foundations I've always had the problem of my foundation breaking up around my nose and on my forehead. Some are worse than others (tart's foundation lasts for quite a while, while NARS sheer glow lasts about an hour).

This foundation is perfect. It's dewy, the colour match is fantastic (it oxidizes a bit so I went a shade lighter than normal) and it isn't drying. I stay away from matte foundations and use powder to soak up any unwanted oil. This foundation doesn't break up on my skin at all and doesn't break me out. Literally everything I could ask for in a foundation.

Light on the skin with build able coverage and doesn't look flaky.

on 12/19/2014 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

First I have to say I love the packaging, it looks classy and fit for the price you pay for this. The pump works great and only the amount you need comes out. It would be nice if you could open the bottle to see how much is left but I don't really mind because I've had my bottle for more than half a year and I use it quite frequently. Coverage is decent and buildable for areas that need more product. I do need powder since I have oily prone skin but it's not a big problem. It feels nice on my skin and not too thick. I've received compliments that my skin has gotten so much better (little do they know it was only a change of foundation).

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I bought this in 021 linen which is suppossedly for those with yellow undertones. i am mac nc35-40ish. this is not a great foundation for those with super yellow skin. its yellow but just not yellow enough.
if you have very dry skin like myself STAY AWAY. it just emphasized and exposed dehydration i did not know i had regardless of super moisturizing and exfoliation prior too. and i don't have the patience daily to use a primer.
i would recommend this for combo skin types if anyone at all. but i bought this because of the great reviews and people saying it makes them glow. i have bought drugstore foundations less than have the price of this that performed better..sorry!

on 11/27/2014 3:17:00 PM

I had a lot of hope for this expensive foundation. I still wonder whether I might like it if I had the right color -- ??? A sales associate recommended #021, Linen. When I put it on my face the contrast is just too much. TOO MUCH! It's what I call "mustardy" (by which I mean: intensely yellow). At least one other reviewer has noted that this color is very yellow.

So I am probably going to toss it. SAD!

My favorite foundation at present is Lancome Absolue BX Makeup in Absolue Pearl 140. I tried to buy an extra because I liked it so much, and discovered that the extra is Absolue Pearl 130! I wonder whether I can still exchange it??!