October 30, 2014 | 1604 users online

Eye Primer - Pixi - Eye Bright Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised this product has negative reviews, I really like it! This is a twist click pen with the product coming out of the tip. It's like a silky airy concealer. Not a ton of coverage but evens out my eyelid skin color. I tend to be a little dark around the eye area. Can't live without concealer. They say you should not put shadow on a darker surface or you get a muddy color. Very true. This product brightens my eyelid area. Not too much but just enough to look natural like I have even skin tone. I'm nc30 light olive skin. I love this on days when I'm just slicking on some mascara! As a shadow primer it also works well, kept my shadow on all day without creasing. Overall I was pleasantly surprised. I would repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like many Pixi products, but this is not one of them.
I have very oily lids and this primer, while it does make my eyeshadow last a while longer, does not keep it crease-free for a full 8 hr working day.
I do like the texture of it, it's smooth and not "gluey" like other eye primers so it makes blending eyeshadow on top of it easy. I also like that it's a yellowy nude shade that matches my NC15 skin well and covers the discoloration on my lids.
However bottom line is that this does not do a good job as a primer, so I would not repurchase. Perhaps it would work better on less oily lids.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lllumine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does what it's supposed to! I go for blended/natural looks, so I am not using a lot of eyeshadow on top of this primer. One point off for the fuzzy applicator tip - I prefer to use my fingers, and it bothers me to see some product soaked into the fuzz.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not impressed with this primer. It doesn't really help my eyeshadow stay longer or stand out like some primers do. It dries up and looks cakey. For the price I think it should do a better job. I won't be spending $18 on this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty abysmal as an eye primer. Does not keep shadow from creasing. I don't know why you'd make an eye primer that creases like a cream eyeshadow... basically defeats the purpose of using an eye primer.
The reason I gave it two lippies instead of one is because it's also marketed as something that can be used under your eyes, and it's pretty good at that as long as you set it with powder. I love the colour of this product, it has a slightly yellow tinge that does a good job at colour-correcting under eye circles (and fixing lid discolouration, if it didn't crease so much!). However, I would not buy it simply to use as an under eye concealer, it is not worth the money. That's just how I'm using up my bottle. I got a sample-sized thing of this in a Pixi value set so thankfully there's no wasted money.
Also, the packaging sucks, at least of the sample bottle. It's got a wand and, in that tiny bottle, I can hardly get any product out.
Pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Nareen

Where I work I need to wear eyeshadow (a makeup/skincare store) and they constantly crease on me, dramatically so that by the middle of the day I just have a line of eyeshadow where my crease is, but for everyone else at work it lasts fine. Anyway so this is the first time I bought an eye primer and so far it's been eight hours and the eyeshadow is still going strong with barely any creasing. Love this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first primer purchase. I have very large eyelids/eyes so this primer creased for me within an hour or two. It also lost all shadow coverage within a few hours. I no longer use this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this along with my pixi purchase. Tried it for the first time today and didn't like it. I normally use Urban Decay's primer potion in the vintage bottle and my eyeshadow never creases. With Pixi's eye bright primer, my eyeshadow creased within 7 hours. I would never ever spend money on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Pamchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this product! I know everyone loves urban decay eyeshadow primer but for me NOT the case( I have both) Pixi eye bright primer is what I love. It gives you an amaizing coverage and it works as a eyebrightner/conceler as well. I apply it all over my eyes and of course the eyeshadow lasts all day without creasing. I recoment it for sure! Ten lipsticks up! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product to death!! I love this even more than UDPP. And I'm not saying that they both work the same but I get this one, I'm saying this one works so much better than the UDPP. It is a little more expensive though because online you can get .37oz of the UDPP for $19 but a .08oz tube of the Pixi Primer is $18. But it's so worth it in my eyes. It last forever though. I bought two about 2 months ago and still haven't opened the second one yet.

It really does what it says it does too. It goes on so smooth, blends into the lids like magic, it's like glue for eye shadow! It doesn't crease at all throughout the day and it stays on all day. I wan to just buy them all up every time I go to Target!

These are the details that Target gives:
*Long-lasting, line filling eye primer base; primer is designed to work like a magnet and hold eye shadow on all day
*Light-reflecting formula evens out skin tone and brightens tired eyes with its suit-all nude color
*Keeps lids matte and holds shadow crease-free all day
*Helps neutralize oily eyelids
*Optical pigments diffuse and fill in fine lines and add a sculpted, airbrushed finish
*For Use On: Eyes
*Beauty Purpose: Evens Skin Tone
*Color Family: Clear
*Health Facts: Contains Vitamin E, Paraben-Free, Hypoallergenic, *Talcum-Free, Fragrance-Free
*Capacity (volume): 0.08 Oz.