July 28, 2014 | 1004 users online

Eye Shadow - Essence - Stay All Day Steel the Show

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Meh.

I bought 3 of these and I'm not sure if I'm using them wrong, but they just don't work, they're so dry and extremely sparkly. I thought that they would be creamy but no, it just sparkly flakey eyeshadow.

Very disappointed, it could've been the batch I got or I'm using them wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is kind of like a heavy cream/powder that you can layer on your lids using your finger.Kind of like gold leafing for your eyelids. I would put it right in the middle of my lid to give my eyes a "sparkle". I really really really liked it; it gives a cool effect.

The only con for me was that it seemed to dry out, and wouldn't apply as smoothly. I did have it for over a year, though, and at the low price, I would probably just chuck it at that point and get a fresh one.

I highly recommend everyone to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by EHgall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

It is good I got the silver one and it gives a good shine!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by RAEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product, stays on all day and i have super oily eye lids. But it just has to much glitter. This wouldn't be a good everyday product to wear, although it would be good for special occasions like girls night out, club etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I also noticed the similarity with the MUFE Aqua Creams, since I own a few of those too. I think there are 3-4 shades in the Essence line, and they all seem to be metallic or shimmery shades. This goes on like a gel with a lot of pigment and it sets on your skin. It sort of bonds with the skin, but it's not 100% waterproof. All of the MUFE shades are waterproof, but they tend to fade during the day because they are so dry. This maintains a soft texture on your lids, but I get no creasing or dryness. So they pretty much do everything I want them to do. This is a one step product with amazing payoff, for under $4. They also sell out as fast as the gel liners. Update: I love these so much that I bought two more, in Steel the Show and Stars & Stories. Both are dupes for MUFE Aqua Creams in # 2 Steel and #3 Silver. Update: I'm disappointed that the brand decided to replace this shade with a pink and blue. Sorry, but I didn't even wear those shades when I was 10. Unless they step it up, I won't be buying more of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Looking for a *cheap* dupe for for MUFE's Aqua Creams? Well, look no further. I got 3 of these for less than 3 Euros (each) and they are *amazing*. This is actually my least favorite color of the three but I think it's just because it's a warm / taupe-y gray and I look better in blue grays. I bought the MUFE Aqua Cream in Steel for $22 *gulp* and this color is very, very similar. Very shimmery, medium dark, stays on and on and on. I'm not sure if it's actually waterproof like MUFE's Aqua Creams are but maybe unless you're on the Eastern European Synchronized swimming team you don't care so much. The packaging on these is very similar to the MUFE packaging. If only Essence would make dupes of the MUFE blushes in the Aqua Cream line!

Note: This is a new collection and perhaps they will be sold in the States soon. I was unable to find a place to buy them in the States doing a Google search.

EDIT: I have tested these and verified that they are, in fact, waterproof. So go ahead and buy these, East European Synchronized Swimming Team!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No