April 21, 2014 | 899 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Rodeo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Ruiz4books

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't care what anyone says, I freakin love this color!! I know a lot of people have issues with the glitter but the glitter is exactly what I love about this eyeshadow. I love all of UD's glittery eyeshadows but this one and sidecar are my favorite. This shadow is a medium cool toned brown with silver sparkles. My favorite way to wear this shadow is all over the lid and slightly into the crease with my perversion eyeliner on both upper and bottom lash lines. I then just use my highlighter of the day under my brow. It gives me a very subtle sultry look and makes my brown eyes just glow. If I want to look extra nice at work, I'll wear this with a MLBB lipcolor. For a night on the town I add a red lipstick and I'm good to go.

In regards to fallout, the way I apply it causes none. I normally wear UDPP but I find that if I intend to wear this shadow for more than a few hours I will get some fallout as the day progresses using that primer. So instead I use Too Faced Glitter Glue. It keeps the glitter in check all day. When I apply the shadow I use a flat shadow brush, tilt my head back, and gently press the color onto my lids. No fallout what-so-ever. I love this color and I hope UD never discontinues this shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my more favorite colors from the Midnight Emergency palette. It's very pretty, but I wouldn't be able to wear it out unless it's to a dance or party because it's saturated with glitter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

although this is a beautiful light brown that can be an all over lid color, there is just way too much GLITTER FALLOUT. that is a major con at least for me. i got this with my book of shadows four and this just stood out the most for me because of the glitter fallout so i had to write a review. i guess its easy to wipe off the glitter on your cheeks but its just annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by bedazzeledberet

Midnight Rodeo is a medium brown with silver glitter in. I usually use this product as a crease and "outer v" shade if I want natural but noticeable definition. To me, this product has more cons than pros, like the sparkle. I just find it goes all over my cheek bones and the shade of glitter doesn't go with the shade of eyeshadow, maybe a gold or warm copper would be better? Also, I could find hundreds of colours exactly like this WITHOUT the glitter for a lot cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by TWILIGHT48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this color but I most likely would not buy again because it has way to much sparkle for me. When I put it on this morning I had sparkle all over my face and I was unable to get it off unless I would have washed my whole face and started over.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by cakexcuddles

I'm not in love with the color. It's just too glittery for me. I still use it sometimes though. It's a nice lid shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this color in the Book of Shadows IV and it's sooooo pretty! I know everyone hates the glitter and I understand why. But if you learn how to use it like the girl below me said then it works out just fine. This color is just too pretty to pass up. Using it dry you can just pack it on the brush and tap the brush a good number of times and all the glitter falls off! I hope they make this color part of their permanent line. It's the prettiest of all the Midnight colors. I would recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Midnight Rodeo is a beautiful nude/light tan/neutral shimmery color BUT it has TONS of glitter just like Midnight Cowboy and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again.... It leaves a million sparkles of glitter EVERYWHERE! (if you want to look like a vampire in the sun (Twilight :D) then this is the way to achieve that look! BUT if you only want the glitter on ur lids, i suggest using a damp brush (i spray with Fix + but you can use water too) then tap the brush (because there's still loose glitter) and pat on the lid.. I still have quite a few sparkles on my face so i use tape to remove them THEN I add my foundation. Again it's a very pretty shadow color. You just have to learn or have to be willing to deal with the mess the glitter leaves behind.