April 20, 2014 | 866 users online

Treatments - Parachute Coconut Hair Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

THis makes all the difference to my hair. A moisturizing, good smelling natural oil that makes my 3b/3c hair soft, shiny and manageable. A+ 100 % pure coconut oil, no mineral oil.

The price is good (but I don't remember how many rupees I paid), I bought 2 liters when in India and brought back home.

The bottle is convenient if you live in warmer climates. Coconut oil takes its fast form below 25 degrees celsius, so when I use this when in Sweden, i have to melt the oil and pour it in a jar. The 'hard oil'' melt in contact with your skin so, just rub it between your palms!

I use this as a hot oil treatment in the shower or apply it to dry hair ends to give moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by iraoshasha

THIS STUFF IS FREAKING AMAZING. i put a few drops into my shampoo and i use this 4 times a week (i leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning) and its EFFING AMAZING. MY HAIR FEELS SO SOFT AND ITS STRONGER THAN EVER. i have major hairfall and this stuff helps (: i tried using other indian hair oils but this one is the best! i also use this as a hair serum after washing my hair cos i have really dry ends. i put 2 drops on my ends and after a week of doing so, my ends are sooo soft. WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERY SINGLE GIRL. AMAZING STUFF.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

I purchased the 100% coconut oil at an Indian grocery store and it's freaking dirt cheap!!! I really don't like the smell, smells like burnt coconut (i prefer the sent of Tropical Traditions) but this leaves my hair EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA SHINY AND SUPER DUPER SOFT!! Normally my hair is dry and dull looking but when I use this it looks like the beautiful hair that Indian women are known for & last thru my next washing. At first I didn't think that I would like the fact that it's in a bottle but I actually like it. I place the bottle in cup of super hot water for about 3min and it pours out mess free & easy thru the itty bitty opening.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Nandana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this since childhood. It is a good product and is available in EVERY store and almost everyone bought this. There is not one Indian who hasnt used this in his/her lifetime. It is dirt cheap in India, in the States and even in the UK.

PRODUCT
The product is 100% coconut oil BUT its REFINED coconut oil. Not raw virgin coconut oil. Raw virgin coconut oil has all the properties such as anti fungal, anti bacterial and everything else 'anti'. This one being refined and filtered does not have the same properties in the same amount as in the virgin version.

FOR HAIR
It does give your hair a bit of softness and keeps dandruff at bay. It fights the kind of dandruff that is at a medium or moderate level. The really serious kind of dandruff MUST be treated with medication but for the regular type of dandruff this oil works just fine. It does keeps your scalp healthy which promotes healthy growth but then again there are many oils that can do the work. I get dry hair and scalp in severe winters. I hate snowy days! My hair gets so dry and this oil can do good. I use other oils for hair that works wonders but when I have this one at home I dont go out to buy anything new until I run out of it.

FOR SKIN
As mention earlier, this product is refined (yet 100% for sure). This will not give great results compared to the virgin version. It doesn't absorb well into the skin, I feel like it just stays on like a coat. So not that great as a body moisturizer.

OVERNIGHT VS PRE-SHAMPOO TREATMENT
I have used this in both ways. It gives the same results. 2-3 hrs is more than enough for this runny oil to soak into your scalp and hair follicles. I apply it in the evening when I come home and I wash it at around 9.00 pm. I go to sleep at 11 or 12 so I let it air-dry.

VERDICT
I would prefer almond oil or the other herbal oils we get in India. A few of them are even available in the States and in the UK. For those who prefer something easily available I would recommend almond oil(should be 100% and pure) and virgin olive oil. Almond oil is such an amazing product and olive oil is great too. For those who still want to use coconut oil, I would suggest the virgin version u can get in Trerader Joe or online sites. They are way better than this brand and I got to know it when I first came to US and bought one in Trader Joe. It was difficult to get the virgin version in the UK but I managed to get it somewhere online and it was definitely worth the purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tonkoffu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this coconut oil is amazing. It makes my hair soft and so manageable and also I think its helped my hair grow longer and stronger. In summary - what I do is:

1. Dampen my hair
2. Smooth the oil into my hair focussing on my ends.
3. Tie up my hair and pull on a shower cap
4. Leave in hair for 1-4 hours
5. Use shampoo to wash out

I do this about once a week or fortnight. I think I might up this treatment in winter due to the harsh weather.

Check out my full review here: https://craylife.jux.com/1127062

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have gone through to telogen effluvium sheds in the last three years. I have Celiac disease and therefore I don't absorb the nutrients from my body as efficiently as a normal, unaffected digestive system.
Along with careful diet, and carefully selected supplements I have grown back a full, thick hair line and vertex again. However, there is something to be said about what can be done externally to nourish weak hair.
I shaved my head last year about this time. It was thin in some areas, and I mean nearly bald. I got tired of worrying about it and had it buzzed off like GI Jane. It needed to happen so I would stop thinking about my GD hair and MOVE on.
I began applying coconut oil to my head 2x a week. It's been a year since my last buzzcut and I have to say, the coconut oil helped to strengthen my growing hair and maybe helped it grow.
This is where I get to the Parachute brand of coconut oil. I was using "food grade" coconut oil (although Parachute coconut oil is edible, I would not eat it) and as my hair grew longer (it's now just past my ears) I found the coconut oil was *really* hard to get out of my hair. I don't want to have to shampoo twice~that's not good.
At an Indian grocery yesterday I picked up a bottle of Parachute Coconut oil Gold for $3.00 CAD. I tried it today, using it as I would use any coconut oil, and left it in for about 5 hours.
It washed out...beautifully. No greasiness, and light, bouncy THICK hair. Coconut oil is *amazing* but Parachute Coconut oil is Holy Grail.
I am going to mix it with the Amla oil I am expecting in the mail. I will keep you posted on how it's going, if you're interested :j

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't sure whether to add my review here or to the Coconut Oil (All Brands) entry since I didn't use this on my hair, which has oily roots, but as a body moisturizer. But I did use the Parachute brand, the 100% coconut oil version. And it is different from the more common solid coconut oil. This is a liquid. I can confirm it's popular with Indian women for their hair.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with this as a body moisturizer. Yes, it is moisturizing. But I found it took just as long if not longer than sweet almond oil to sink in. I also found the coconut scent really overwhelming. I don't like coconut scents in general, but I can deal with my Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo, for example, so I wasn't expecting this to be so off-putting. It is, for me anyway.

Also, note that coconut oil can be clogging. I used a concealer once that caused clogging, and I suspect it was the coconut oil in it as that was the most comedogenic ingredient and it was the first thing I ever tried on my face with coconut oil. So I wouldn't recommend it as a facial moisturizer if you're prone to clogging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I TRIED THIS ON MY HAIR FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST WEEK AND MY HAIR WAS SERIOUSLY SOFTER AND FELT HEALTHIER EVEN AFTER BLOW DRYING AND IT STAYED SOFT A WEEK LATER...
THE OIL WASHES OUT EASILY UNLIKE SOME OTHER OILS- THE SMELL IS OF COCONUT OF COURSE MAY BE A LITTLE STRONG FOR SENSITIVE USERS BUT SHOULD NOT AFFECT SKIN AS IT IS THE NATURAL OIL SCENT AND NOT PARFUM...
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND PEOPLE WITH ACNE PRONE SKIN TO LEAVE ON OVERNIGHT - AS IT CAN ENARGE THE PORES/BLOCK PORES/CAUSE BREAKOUTS/PIMPLES LIKE SOME OTHER OILS DUE TO EXCESSIVE SEBUM PRODUCTION ETC AND SO YOU MAY BENEFIT FROM MASSAGING THE OIL INTO THE HAIR AND THE SCALP A FEW HOURS BEFORE WASHING YOUR HAIR OR APPLY IN THE MORNING AND WASH OFF IN THE EVENING- CAN BE LEFT ON FOR AS LONG AS YOU LIKE AND CAN BE USED AS A SERUM AFTER WASHES (WARNING OIL SO ONLY USE A FEW SMALL DROPS ESP IF YOU HAVE FINE HAIR). I AM AWARE OF THIS OIL BEING USED IN COUNTRIES SUCH AS INDIA (EVEN ON A DAILY BASIS) WHICH IS ONE OF MANY COUNTRIES WHERE WOMEN IN PARTICULAR ARE KNOWN TO HAVE BEAUTIFUL HAIR- I CANT BELIEVE I DIDNT TRY THIS OIL ANY SOONER!!! DOES NOT NEED TO BE WASHED OUT CAN BE USED SPARINGLY AS A CONDITIONING SERUM...V GOOD NATURAL PRODUCT FREE FROM CHEMICALS AND SILICONES CONTAINED IN VARIOUS PRODUCTS IN THE MARKET TODAY V V V GOOD IM NOT EXAGGERATING - I USE WITH HERBAL ESSENCES COCONUT ND ORCHID SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER for well conditioned hair. The oil Can be used as many times as you want I would recommend always using THE OIL BEFORE A WASH AS STATED PREVIOUSLY SOME WOMEN SWEAR BY THIS OIL FOR STRINGER LONGER SHINIER AND HEALTHIER HAIR AND SCALP- ILL UPDATE SOON. Only 3.49 for a 500ml tub .

UPDATE: PEOPLE HAVE NOTICED AND COMMENTED ON HOW MY HAIR HAS GROWN LONGER AND THICKER AFTER USING THIS FOR ONLY 1/2 WEEKS (3 TREATMENTS) I AGREE IT ALSO LEAVES MY HAIR FEELING SOFT AND GLOSSY- 100% NATURAL- IMPRESSIVE- BUT IF TOUCHES SKIN CAUSES MAJOR SPOTS SO ONE LIPPY OFF (I HAVE NATURALLY CLEAR SKIN).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

BEST HAIR OIL EVER!!!!

makes my hair super super soft

I put it in, and leave it overnight, and then take a shower with the clarifying shampoo and moisture rich conditioner, and omg my hair stays shiny and soft for like a week or 2 weeks. Also, it smells better than almond oil :P

I also love this as a facial moisturizer becuase it doesn't make it too oily, leaves my face moisturized, and somehow gets rid of acne... but i stopped using it on my face after i found out that it can make my face turn more black and make it burn .... just like oil burns on the stove.. this oil can burn in heat.... :(

but i still use it on my hair :)
edit: i use it on my face (in the spring/fall) but am scared to use it in the summer. If possible, use it on your face because it has amazing healing properties and keeps my face's oil level properly balanced. HTe problem is that it freezes in teh winter and clunks up on my eyelashes (ew) so i can't really use it then... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

I cant remember my household never having this product [100% Coconut oil]. Since childhood, I have remembered using this in many ways. For all those who use 'Baby' or mineral oil, this is FAR better and more beneficial.
- Its hydrates skin just like mineral oil does. Sometimes even better. Always apply after shower all over body.
- For hair, unlike mineral oil, which just sits on the shaft like cones, coconut oil has been proven to PENETRATE the shaft and hydrate hair to reduce protein loss. I use this every weekend and it leaves my hair uber-soft!
Guys, buy this, you wont regret. Love this stuff. Its actually for cooking but I think people actually use it as an natural oil for cosmetic purposes.
WILL PURCHASE AGAIN AND AGAIN!