September 3, 2014 | 1458 users online

Crème - Chanel - Vitalumiere Hydra (Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by tarayeo

Bought this after the Teint Innocence Cream to Powder compact was discontinued. I loved that compact but this one fell short for me. Contrary to the great reviews, this felt dry on my skin compared to the Teint Innocence cream. It almost felt like I was dragging the sponge across my skin as I applied it. It didn't help that the shade I got was too light although it was the same shade as in Teint Innocence. This foundation had great coverage but it emphasized my pores. I also felt like it couldn't melt into the skin and just sat on top. There wasn't the cool feeling I had when applying Teint Innocence as well. The packaging is pretty and functional but the product was disappointing. Wondering if I got a defective product that was dried out or something...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I already used up all of it and it's been a while since I purchased it I have to review this product because I think it is the best foundation out there (at least for those of us that have dry/combination skin) I purchased mine at Lord & Taylor and the makeup artist was able to find the perfect match for me. It goes on flawless, even with a regular foundation brush, not the flat top ones. It stayed on all day, and had a pretty descent coverage and still looked very natural one me. I do believe it was discontinued or the name has changed to vitalumiere aqua, I'm not sure. I definitely recommend this foundation, it is a bit pricy (hence the reason why I haven't purchase it again) but it lasted me a while, you don't need to apply a lot of it. So for those of you that didn't like it maybe it's not for your skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by avezhangmua

For years been looking and searching several brand of foundation. Starting from cheap till expansive, local and imported. Now finally found perfect one and still in a reasonable price. This is perfect , make my skin brightness but still looks natural and stay longer in the face as i oftenly sweat for my outdoor activity. I wont afraid to spend my money to buy this again ! Seems like this is my destiny...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually despise cream foundations. I had purchased the Chanel Teint Innocence a few years ago that came in the same compact and it was incredible greasy and just sat on my skin. This foundation however, is wonderful. It has such a nice natural finish, much better than the regular liquid version too. The liquid version contains alcohol and fragrance. This one does not.

I apply a very thin layer of glorified tinted moisturizer (BB cream) over my sunscreen with my hands and then I use a regular flat foundation brush to apply this foundation around my nose, my chin and under my eyes instead of concealer. Then I blend whatever is left on my brush over the rest of my face. It never looks dry nor oily, it never settles into lines and it lasts all day! It looks so much better than concealer for under the eyes. I'm am incredibly impressed and I definitely feel like it does not get enough recognition.

I am NC15-20 and I bought this in B20. It is a GREAT match. It is not very yellow but not pink at all so it really looks like skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by OLC8

This is definately a product that makes you feel good when you use it. Packaging is just beautiful, texture is gorgeous. All you should expect for the price you're paying right?! I am shade B40 in perfection lumiere and got this in the same shade and it is completely different! This is so much more darker and yellow. But it still worked. I find it doesn't last as long as my perfection lumiere but I still love it. It needs to be powdered for oily people. I find I am better off using it for short periods of time. I wouldn't leave it on all day, running around because I become a oily mess! But it has a gorgeous finish like all chanel foundations!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I could rate this foundation as a 3.5. The packaging is quite elegant (obviously, it's Chanel) and it's quite portable. I did really like the foundation. It gave my skin a nice velvety finish however I have too issues with it: The first is that it was too much coverage for daytime. For going out, it's great but I found it actually made me look quite older than I was! Second, it ran out FAST! For $60 CAD, it lasted about 2.5 months. I'm not sure if I will repurchase. But I'm a huge fan of the Poudre Universal - The best loose powder on the market!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by alkida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After 10 years of using foundation, I found the true color of my skin. And I can't find the right words to express how happy I am. B10 is my shade and I love love love, you cant notice that foundation is there, because the color is exactly the same and the texture is great, this makes me feel beautiful. Hope the Chanel won't discontinue this otherwise I will buy so many pieces to use them till the end of my life!!!😊

Wanna mention here that lately I bought a Valmont foundation bcs my esthetist told me it was great but I can never compare it to this chanel, never ever. I'm sold out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I am on the fence for this product. I didnt buy it personally. I got this free from someone whom works for Chanel. It sells for $80 SGD which is very expensive. I have only used this product for 6 times and I can see a dip in the pan. I foresee using this 60 times and the entire pan is due for a repurchase. Unless you have the budget for this sort of long haul purchase. It is a little too expensive for daily use. I even have to say I have a high tolerance budget for luxury products. I certainly do not mind spending.

Ok product wise, the coverage is light weight, creamy, luminous. My skin looks more even tone. It is a my skin but better look. Oil control exceeded my expectations for a hydrating product. In a nutshell, I think the number one thing that hinders is the price point. Will definitely not repurchase.

*edit - I tried a different way to apply this foundation. Instead of swiping it across my face. I stipple with the sponge and the finish is closer to flawless. I am in love with this foundation again although I still feel the price too high. Its a tough choice :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by patriciab1989

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

Will post a picture where I used this product, just so you see that it can be medium-full coverage, but I swear to you it feels like second skin.

I have fun using this foundation, but I shouldn't because it's so expensive. It feels cool as soon as you lay this on your skin. I use a flat foundation brush to apply it. I didn't even bother using the sponge, because I feel like it would absorb too much product.

The packaging is chic. Chanel... it's Chanel! Period.

I feel like the foundation is very moisturizing. Even though I have combination skin, it stays in place for hours. I usually set this with powder IF I know I'm going to be outside. I'm currently in Venezuela, where the temperature is usually 110F outside, so trust me, I have to.
I don't think I would set it if I lived in a cooler place.

All I can say is, I'm definitely impressed, not surprised though, because again, this is Chanel. I was expecting a high-quality product and that's exactly what I got.

Love it.

Tip: make sure you close the lid tightly, just so the product doesn't dry out. I've had this for 2 months and so far, so good. But it's better to be safe than sorry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Adara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received and tested out samples of both the Asian Vitalumiere Hydra compact as well as the Western Vitalumiere Aqua compact. On the surface I expected them to be exactly the same, and they are except the Asian version lists Titanium Dioxide as the 6th ingredient and Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate as the 9th whereas these are not on the Aqua list (Titanium Dioxide is under "Active Ingredients" instead, with Octinoxate, which is not on the Hydra list). Overall, this shouldn't really be that big a difference. On the skin I have to say that the Hydra applies a little smoother, which is why I looked into the ingredients list in the first place. I stopped using the Hydra for a bit because I got a tan during the summer and the Aqua I got was a darker shade and it honestly felt a little dryer and blended less well. At first I chalked it up to seasonal changes until I re-visited the Hydra to try it as a highlight after seeing it in a Pixiwoo tutorial and it applied like a dream. It looked incredible. I mean the Aqua wasn't bad either but wasn't as seamless. I may do a comparison swatch to test this theory further.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No