MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick - Asian Flower

4.4

on 2/16/2014 5:56:00 PM

This is described as a lavender but alot of reviews say the color changes on them. I actually get samples from a web site that sells small samples of Mac and other lipsticks as a try it first. I find this great to test them out before I make the investments because I'm tired of leaving a lippy dry up in a drawer because the color ended up looking awful on me. This color pinked up a little but for the most part keeps the lavender hue. Love the fact it's a lighter sheen and a break from the mattes I mostly have. Staying power is a little less than the mattes but that's not unusual with a finish like this. The web site is http://www.thebodyneeds2.com. If you are looking for a dupe in the same family try Maybelline's Brazen Berry in the Vivid line. This one too will change color as it wears on some people.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Such a gorgeous color. Get lots of compliments on it when I wear it. Big fan of the Sheen Supreme formulation too.

on 5/20/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i bought this based on the online color swatch only. it's a bright color but i pair it with currant/vino and love how it looks on my nw43 complexion. it is not drying but as others have said it doesn't last all day. that's not a big deal to me though. it's got more stay than a gloss alone and isn't as slick either. over liner it functions like a regular wearing lipstick. it's a good color that won't dry you out. i plan to buy another one or two shades because during the work week i prefer more moisturizing colors even if i have to reapply.

on 5/21/2012 7:21:00 PM

I saw this at my MAC counter and although it looked a little loud I was intreged. The MA said since it was a sheen supreme it would be pretty sheer. I dont know about that b/c there still was a lot of color but it was beautiful. I topped it with pretty please lipstick by MAC and it was such a perfect color. I originally thought this lipstick was going to just like Up the AMP, but Up the Amp is so much more dramatic, and this is a color you could get away with everyday. This is also my first experience with MAC sheen line (which I had no interest in trying originally) However I bought 2 more today b/c I like them so much. There not as drying as the original MAC lipsticks, I think they are my new favorite thing by MAC!

on 4/26/2012 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Love it! bought it today as soon as I saw it.
First it is a creme sheen, so of course it is super soft and moisturizing, layers well with decent color payoff. It is a more lilac/purple version of MAC Playtime lipstick (limited edition) which is basically the same but has more pink and is warmer. Asian Flower, is more cool toned with hints of blue.
Good for those who want a pop of color, without going all out! because it is light but pigmented (if that makes sense). Has a glossy sheen to it which makes it more 'wearable' as well I guess.
lilacs/purples/pinks flatter every skintone, so go ahead and pair it with any plumish liner like Currant, Nightmoth (or simply wear it alone), and ur good!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this product last week from Myer and I've pretty much fallen in love with it. The colour is fairly unique and I plan to wear it quite a bit this Winter (Aussie Winter is June/July/August) because it makes a statement. My only issue is it's lasting ability, it does leave a stain on the lip but the stain itself is more of a barbie pink than the original lilac colour. But other than that it's amazing!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

When I approached the MAC makeup counter and saw this lavender color I fell in love with it! Especially after trying it on. I loved it at first, however after only a couple of minutes the color changed from lavender to a pinkish color. I was highly disappointed.
Pros- Cute packaging, goes on so smooth and makes your lips feel amazingly soft.

Cons- The color only stays lavender on my lips for a few minutes before changing into a Fusia color.
-you must constantly reappply to keep the desired lavender color.

on 3/8/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this recently from the Sheen Supreme collection - I was planning on passing on the collection all together, but once I saw Asian Flower in person I had to have it. Its a beautiful pinky lavender that is non-drying with decent staying power. I've been wearing it everyday since I purchased.

on 11/15/2011 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love these lipsticks. Great colours, texture and feel. My lips feel hydrated and this colour gives me a little punch. It makes my hazel green/brown eyes pop and who doesn't love that!

on 9/23/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This lipstick is very special to me. Me and my chocolate boo picked this lipstick out together along with nightmoth lipliner! It is soo hot..Chocolate boo said it looks like an electric purple...This lipstick reminds me of a cross between up the amp and lavender whip...I'll explain...when puttin it on...I say man this looks like up the amp...but as i pat my lips together to smooth it in along with the night moth lipliner.. It will look like lavender whip with a tinge of hotnes pink in it..but its still this...like chocolate boo say...an electric purple. Ok, so it is super soft and creamy..Now it doesn't have that super staying power like Regular Mac lipsticks...I do find it fading after like 20 minutes depending on what I'm doing. I have to reapply again..I still love this lipstick and will keep buying it for me and chocolate boo.

Popular Lipsticks