July 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Cleansers - Aesop - Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

Smells herbal fresh and cleanses well, good for normal/oily skins. Very nice in the morning. Probably overpriced but it is Aesop. I love the aesthetic and smells of their products. ery nice in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by juni1114

I was recommended this cleanser for my combination skin and despite it's hefty price tag, I bought a 200ml bottle of it after several sampling sessions.

The parsley seed cleanser smells natural and herbal, which is so inviting in the morning. I like that it contains lactic acid and liquorice extracts, as it leaves my skin looking quite glowy and smooth. You can leave it on longer for better chemical exfoliation. Also, the rich anti-oxidant properties found in this cleanser are always nice to have, and would benefit the health of your skin.

Plus, the apothecary like bottle design looks sleek and modern in the bathroom! I personally would recommend this for oilier/combination skin and perhaps as a weekly deeper clean exfoliant for those with drier skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by misscuba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was given a sample of this cleanser with another Aesop purchase, so cannot claim to have used it more than 3 times, however I agree with kaygal89's assertion that this is a cleanser for oily skins. The product smells lovely, and certainly removed all my makeup easily, however it left my complexion feeling a bit stripped and tight, even after a double application of moisturiser. Not for dry skins.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by stephbnguyen

This is the worst cleanser I have ever come across. I have had perfect clear, plump skin for 21 years and I've hardly had any break outs. However, immediately after using this Aesop Parsley Seed cleanser I broke out. I got pimples everywhere. At first I didn't know if it was because of other products I had also started using at the same time, so I went off the Aesop cleanser for a few weeks and my skin went a little better and then because of the price I paid I thought I might try it again and hopefully my skin would have had adjusted. However it just got worse. Again, it broke me out within a few hours of use. It's actually ridiculous. It enlarged my pores, broke me out with pimples, created little bumpy texture on my forehead. My skin has never been in this condition. The product is expensive (around $57AUD for 200ml) and I hate that it's just going to waste away in the jar.

So dissapointed with Aesop after it getting so many rave reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

I just started using this cleanser for a week now & so far my acne prone oily/combo skin is liking it. The smell is very botanical/fresh, a bit more overpowering than the other Aesop cleansers but its not unpleasant. This has lactic acid and AHA which gently exfoliates the skin, especially if you leave it on for a few minutes before washing off. Its a foaming cleasner but doesn't strip the skin or leave it feeling 'tight', altough it does make my skin slightly drier. This would work wonders for oily to very oily skin but may aggravate drier skins. So far I like this product & will contiue using it.