Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc

3.0

The bottle is the best thing going for this fragrance,but that's not going to be enough for it to stay in my collection. If you like sharp cedar alcohol scent ( dry down) with a laundry soapish plus a hint of citrus and floral opening then this is for you . Basically if Dolce &Gabbana Light Blue works well on you and is a love ,then you'll probably love this too . If not then ,like me this will be a meh to bleah scent. Laundry soap and alcohol and pencil shavings. In a not very great way.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have just purchased a bottle of this and I love it. It's warm, creamy, subtle and sophisticated in an understated way. It doesn't scream at you like many scents do. It is a scent you can wear and feel completely at ease with.

It's dainty, sophisticated ... and has a soft feminine charm. It smells clean and it is something you can wear confidently without becoming too overpowering.

I wouldn't say it was a "sexy" scent but would describe it as a scent someone could fall in love with if you know what I mean. It's more special than sexy.

Although this smells completely different to Narciso Rodriguez's Musc for Her, it has it's own special qualities. In the same way the "For Her Musc" subtly exudes it's beautiful aroma, this does the same. I have to admit that the "For Her" Musc has the edge over this one for me, nevertheless, this is, in it's own right, a wonderful scent.

EDIT: I've changed my mind on this - it doesn't actually suit my chemistry but it's nice nonetheless.

on 9/21/2011 3:53:00 AM

This is a new version of NR Essence in a thinner and longer silver bottle. I have not smellt the original Essence so I cannot offer a comparison; but it smells similar to a lot of indescript soapy musks. When I smellt it at a shop I quite liked the cool and sporty iris I got at the beginning but nowadays I'm getting less and less of it. Altogether this is a casual, inoffensive everyday fragrance. Mine was an impulsive buy and I'm using my bottle more and more as a bathroom spray.