Nivea Pure and Natural Moisturizing Day Cream

2.5

Aqua, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Octyldodecanol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Methylpropanediol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Sodium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Methylisothiazolinone, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Parfum

on 7/1/2015 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I finished a jar of this but will not be repurchasing. It's okay, but absolutely nothing special. I found that it left my T-zone oilier than normal (I used this is summer where I have pretty normal skin, in winter it's more dry) and it kind of left a greasy film all over my face after applying.

on 4/21/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is for the Pure & Natural Soothing Day Care for Dry & Sensitive skin.
I have purchased this cream twice. The first time was in July 2014 and it was lovely. It worked great, and I only needed a bit, so the jar lasted a while. When it ran out, I went back to a L'Oreal moisturizer for winter, as I get very dry winter skin, and that cream was more effective.
I repurchased it for this spring (March 2015) and it was AWFUL. The texture is still the same but they removed some of the ingredients (I have the old box and compared ingredients) You'd think fewer ingredients are better, but apparently not. It gave me a very painful skin irritation on my face! My cheeks got red, bumpy, and itchy,with the skin flaking off after a few days. It was very hard to sooth and took over a week to return to normal. I'm really disappointed in this, as it's supposed to be for dry and sensitive skin, not CAUSE it!
I will definitely be doing a patch test on new moisturizers from now on.

on 3/9/2015 10:06:00 PM

I always hear (and see) such amazing things from long-time Nivea users, so I figured why not, might as well jump on the bandwagon before it's too late!

One use with this and I couldn't understand what all the fuss is about. This product is for combination skin, which I have, yet it leaves my face so, so greasy. Not only that, but it stinks like eggs. Not a pleasant feel or smell, and I started breaking out pretty soon after I started using the product. I wouldn't recommend it, particularly if you're someone who has anything but parched-dry skin and doesn't love the smell of eggs.

on 12/13/2014 4:30:00 PM

This cream is not pure nor natural. It was too oily for me and didn't hydrate. Useless.

on 11/28/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after forgetting to pack my moisturizer with me and needed something to use for a couple of days. Since it was on sale, I decided to give it a go. Worst mistake ever. It made my skin extremely irritated, and my skin isn't even sensitive! It has a very strong perfume/alcohol scent and resulted in skin looking flaky and dry. I usually like Nivea moisturizers, but this was a huge let down!! Avoid this!

on 2/16/2014 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is too rich for me. When my aunt told me she was going to England to visit her daughter I begged her to pick up a tin of the European made Nivea cream. The German made cream has different ingredients than that made in the U.S. It is suppose to be very similar to Creme De La Mer, minus the seaweed (I know that American Nivea smells almost exactly like La Mer.)
I was hoping for the tin to use as an eye cream at night when I needed the extra moisture.
Anyway, when my aunt got back, THIS is what she brought with her. I was incredibly disappointed but of course I couldn't say that. That would be rude, right?
I gave this a decent chance and did like the way it moisturized my skin, but 2 weeks later I started getting weird cyst-like spots in places I never break out. They weren't cyst pimples exactly, more like big water filled spots that were deep, un-popable (not a word, I know.) I also got clogged pores which are worse IMO because they take forever to go away.
I didn't care for the scent either. It's a weird chemical floral scent. It also stung my eyes if I got too close.
So, dang it, I guess i'll have to order the German Nivea online and I had to pay for this junk that I will never use again. 2 thumbs down, Nivea.

on 11/19/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for a year (am on my third jar now). This proved to be a lifesaver during the freezing European winter, and worked well in the summer as well (I just used a bit less of it). It spreads easily, is in general a cost-effective and fuss-free product, and very importantly it does not break me out at all, even though I use it every single day as a base for my makeup. Note that I have hypersensitive and acne-prone skin. Highly recommended as an affordable and reliable day cream.

on 9/10/2013 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the second time I've purchased this cream. The first time I used it along with the cleanser and the toner, twice a day. As it turned out to be too rich for my combination/oily skin I gave it to my mother. She has aged and dry skin, and it's a perfect match for her.
Although it's too rich, I purchased it again and use it after aplying a facial mask, or after a facial scrub. Every other night I use it as a night moisterizer. This way it works great for my skin. Dry patches on my cheeks vanish and my skin feels silky smooth and looks even toned. Doesn't cause any break-outs, although it does when I use it on a daily base, it is definitely too rich for me to use it daily. Lovely scent and really cheap. The glass jar looks nice in bathroom.

on 5/22/2013 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I received this product from Nivea for a competition. I initially loved the feel of the moisturiser, it's very thick and creamy. My skin felt very smooth and looked lovely and glowy. However, it broke me out quite badly. Although I did sort of expect it, as my skin generally doesn't do so well with heavier moisturisers, it was still quite disappointing. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it once in a while when my skin is feeling dry, but at this point I'm not too keen to use it again.

on 3/30/2013 12:06:00 PM

I bought this months ago, it didn't break me out but I thought a more priced moisturiser would work better and bought the korres wild rose which made my skin drier. After using different brands of moisturisers from nivea to estee lauder and clinique, this one definitely worth the money and moisturises skin better than others. A review here said something about leaving a layer on the skin, it's probably because of the aloe Vera as I got an aloe Vera gel and has the same feeling of that layer on the skin before it is totally absorbed. A very nice moisturiser better than any expensive one. I will definitely buy this again.