November 21, 2014 | 1774 users online

Moisturizers - Nivea - Pure and Natural Moisturizing Day Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Crstna36

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is too rich for me. When my aunt told me she was going to England to visit her daughter I begged her to pick up a tin of the European made Nivea cream. The German made cream has different ingredients than that made in the U.S. It is suppose to be very similar to Creme De La Mer, minus the seaweed (I know that American Nivea smells almost exactly like La Mer.)
I was hoping for the tin to use as an eye cream at night when I needed the extra moisture.
Anyway, when my aunt got back, THIS is what she brought with her. I was incredibly disappointed but of course I couldn't say that. That would be rude, right?
I gave this a decent chance and did like the way it moisturized my skin, but 2 weeks later I started getting weird cyst-like spots in places I never break out. They weren't cyst pimples exactly, more like big water filled spots that were deep, un-popable (not a word, I know.) I also got clogged pores which are worse IMO because they take forever to go away.
I didn't care for the scent either. It's a weird chemical floral scent. It also stung my eyes if I got too close.
So, dang it, I guess i'll have to order the German Nivea online and I had to pay for this junk that I will never use again. 2 thumbs down, Nivea.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have been using this for a year (am on my third jar now). This proved to be a lifesaver during the freezing European winter, and worked well in the summer as well (I just used a bit less of it). It spreads easily, is in general a cost-effective and fuss-free product, and very importantly it does not break me out at all, even though I use it every single day as a base for my makeup. Note that I have hypersensitive and acne-prone skin. Highly recommended as an affordable and reliable day cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the second time I've purchased this cream. The first time I used it along with the cleanser and the toner, twice a day. As it turned out to be too rich for my combination/oily skin I gave it to my mother. She has aged and dry skin, and it's a perfect match for her.
Although it's too rich, I purchased it again and use it after aplying a facial mask, or after a facial scrub. Every other night I use it as a night moisterizer. This way it works great for my skin. Dry patches on my cheeks vanish and my skin feels silky smooth and looks even toned. Doesn't cause any break-outs, although it does when I use it on a daily base, it is definitely too rich for me to use it daily. Lovely scent and really cheap. The glass jar looks nice in bathroom.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by EmJay31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this product from Nivea for a competition. I initially loved the feel of the moisturiser, it's very thick and creamy. My skin felt very smooth and looked lovely and glowy. However, it broke me out quite badly. Although I did sort of expect it, as my skin generally doesn't do so well with heavier moisturisers, it was still quite disappointing. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it once in a while when my skin is feeling dry, but at this point I'm not too keen to use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by marinpap

I bought this months ago, it didn't break me out but I thought a more priced moisturiser would work better and bought the korres wild rose which made my skin drier. After using different brands of moisturisers from nivea to estee lauder and clinique, this one definitely worth the money and moisturises skin better than others. A review here said something about leaving a layer on the skin, it's probably because of the aloe Vera as I got an aloe Vera gel and has the same feeling of that layer on the skin before it is totally absorbed. A very nice moisturiser better than any expensive one. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

This is soo greasy so a lil goes a long way.. u just need a little or else it doesnt absorb..i lov the smell and normally wear this at night cos there no SPF. i got this cos of the hype by Kate Middleton who loves this product. Its very moisturizing so i also use this on my elbows/legs as well. Overall i would use this during winter cos this is really heavy duty but not in hot weather cos its too oily

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this and I gave it a fair chance.. Unfortunately it just didn't work for me. It feels like there is a layer that kind of dries on my skin? Like it just sits there and kind of hardens! I've tried applying it on dry and wet skin, and in different thicknesses. Just doesn't sink in. I usually really like Nivea products but so sad this one didn't work for me. Luckily I didn't get irritations or breakouts or anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was just not good for me. It felt so heavy and greasy on my skin, and just sat there on my skin like it was waiting for something (LOL) so it never really absorbed into my skin. It did moisturize my face, but just too long to absorb and felt waay too greasy

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by leafy123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

hhhhmmm I wanted to like this but I did not (well apart from the nice smell) It broke me out slightly and left a slight film of grease on my face. It's ok as a night cream but for me I'd need the one for sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Pros: very moisturising, got rid of skin flakes. Cheap.
Cons: made my skin sensitive. I didn't break out from it, but my cheeks became red each time I applied it. Clearly there is some ingredient here that is sensitizing. I rarely react to skin products, by the way. I would not buy it again.