September 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by dch05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Other than the smell being amazing, this product did absolutely nothing for me. It made my hair super frizzy and not shiny at all. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Sydneyf37

I read reviews about this product and they were all bad so I was regretting buying this product but I tried it out and so far it works great. My hair seems softer and looks less frizzy. I have really curly African American hair and I highly recommend girls with the same hair to use it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by valeriein

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is terrible. I purchased it in hopes that it would tame my frizzy poofy hair if I air dried it. This makes your hair sticky and when it dries, it's crunchy and tangled. I never have to brush my hair. I just run my fingers through it and all the tangles are out, but with this it's such a mess. Do not buy this! It's terrible. I hope I can take it back

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by rainangel21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worked okay on my naturally curly and frizzy/dry hair.When I first used this product after I washed my hair I noticed my hair felt a tad bit greasy but it made my curls more defined. After the product dried, (I air dried my hair but you can also blow dry it.) I combed and brushed out my hair and noticed my hair was tangled and very dry and instead of my curls being defined my hair was more straight. I did like thst it made my hair straighter but didn't like how dry it made it. As far as helping the frizziness it really made no change. I wouldn't recommend this to any one with really dry curly frizzy hair like mine. Would probably work best for people with wavy hair that isn't very frizzy or dry. I honestly can't say I wouldn't recommend using it cause it depends on your hair type.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sfhunt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this the first time I used it. I applied it before using the blow dryer and dried my hair the normal way. My hair looked sleek even before using my flat iron. My hair doesn't hold curl, lays flat but has lots of flyaways. This product helped so much! If I run out time to use the flat iron I know my hair will still look good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very fine, dense, healthy mid-length curly hair. I purchased this cream to use as a blow out creme. I found that it didn't leave my hair with a good, soft, finish - no sleekness really, and it felt a little stiff/dry. Instead of throwing it out, I also tried using it as a leave in creme when air drying - many flakes. Last effort, I attempted to use it as a leave in for my ends and hair to use with hair gel when air drying into a sleek ponytail or wet bunning. It created a white mess for my dark hair. Additionally, it didn't reduce frizzy baby curlies, my hair didnt brush/lay flat, and I felt like it was just coating my hair. After trying it 3 ways, I just couldn't get it to work. Maybe my hair was too fine and its for coarser textured hair. I have a full bottle of it sitting in my bathroom, and I will probably see if I can return it for a refund, or maybe sell or give it away to someone else on Craigslist.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was in search of a styling product that both smoothed hair and helped it stay straighter, and came across this one day in Walmart. This worked for my long, fine hair. I use it for air drying my hair. Love the smell too. I only use a tiny amount. I squeeze it out of the tube about four times in total, apply it throughout the hair, but each time it's a small amount, just barely any coming out of the tube, so I don't overdo it by accident.
I bought it because it doesn't contain dimethicone. Since I have fine hair, dimethicone builds up pretty quickly when it's a main ingredient in a product (and many drugstore smoothing creme styling products seem to have dimethicone as a top 3 ingredient). This contains aminopropyl phenyl trimethicone. I don't get a slick, plasticy feeling from this product, which is what I prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by prmaria

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is one of my favorite hair products of all times. It's a light cream with a very nice coconut scent. I use it on my hair before blow drying to eliminate frizz and keep my otherwise wavy hair straight. I also use it for flyaways and on split ends. LOVE IT.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Typical of this type of product, this doesn't really smooth the hair so much as set it, like a hair gel. It dries stiff. The smell is pleasant, with coconut extracts, and doesn't linger, but the main reason for buying this is to control frizz and unless you use enough product to lacquer your hair into a helmet, this doesn't do that. It was the worst of this type of product I've tried yet. I wish I could leave a zero. I basically threw this money away.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by prmariao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product helps get my hair stick straight (when I blow dry it) and leaves it frizz-free. Love the light coconut scent too.