July 25, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Berry Swirl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a decent lip balm. It's fairly hydrating, as long as you don't rub your lips together too much, in which case, you'll have to reapply sooner. But it has a pleasant smell, like berry candy. It also leaves the slightest pink tint on lips, which is nice. Not my favorite Nivea lip balm, but it is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

I love this lip balm. It smells amazing and gives your lips a really pretty natural pink tint. Keeps my lips moisturized and after it wears off they don't feel dry or gross.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At this point, I've tried 4 different Nivea lip balms. I absolutely love the kiss of smoothness and kiss of moisture ones. The moisture one is more moisturizing, but the smoothness one works better under lipstick. So I like to use the moisture one at night and the smoothness one in the daytime. I rank the kiss of berry swirl third. It's just really average in every way. The kiss of strawberry ranks last because the scent and texture are worse than that of the kiss of berry swirl.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Gwiyomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The positives, it smells lovely, and it does leave quite a subtle hint of berry on your lips. Though, I think how much pigment you get depends on the swirl of your particular lip balm. Mine has mostly the deeper color on the top, with a few veins of the very light shade. I am not sure how far down the deep berry shade goes, but by the looks of the side of the product, it seems like it will wear down and reveal the lighter shade in the future.

The cons, it feels greasy on my lips. I used it quite a bit for about a month, and remember enjoying it, but perhaps this very cold weather has changed my opinion. I picked it up again this week, and it just feels so slick and not at all moisturizing, I want to wipe it off after about 5 minutes. I think I was just so enjoying the scent and novelty of the swirled shades, I did not pay too much attention to the actual quality of the product, but I suppose I stopped using it for a reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by stellina

This has become my favorite lip balm with Vitamin Swirl running a close second. They have the same moist & creamy texture and the same very subtle pink tint, but what puts this one first for me is the delicious cranberry-apple scent. Wonderful on its own but also a great moisturizing base for lipstick. I am forever grateful to Nivea for bringing their lip care to the other side of the Atlantic - I don't have to wait until I can afford a European trip to stock up on Labello.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't use it much because I'm put off by the smell. It smells like those raspberry candies that come in the shiny packaging that almost looks like a strawberry. I hate those candies so not a fan of this. The swirl design of the product is cool. Not sure about the moisturizing effects. I will have to report back.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lipbalmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is really good, and the way the stick looks is a huge bonus. It's like this swirl of colors, ts super pretty. On the lid, it says that there are like a whole lot of vitamins added in here and there is also SPF. (i think. i don't have the balm next to me). Anyways, this is a great balm, it moisturizes really nicely, and the tint/smell is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

This is the only lip balm I find myself reaching for over and over again. A perfect natural berry tint to my lips with the heavy moisture of the nivea line that I love! Smells like berries and stays on for a decent amount of time wearing off to my lips feeling very soft and moist hours later. Doesn't wear much longer than 1-2 hours but I enjoy reapplying it. Been using my tube daily for about a month and its only half used. Looking forward to trying the new Acai and Apple version. Will buy several backups to leave in purse, car, etc. A great balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh my goodness...I love this. It is a million times better than those Lip Butters (though I know it's technically not on the same level as a Lip Butter). The scent is so yummy. It gives a perfect sheen of pink to my lips and even has SPF 10. Moisturizes very well (as I have found that all the Nivea products--and I'm talkin' lip AND body moisturizers do). This stuff has a permanent spot in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by mintyeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying I LOVE THE SCENT. it smells like starbursts to me. :P I like how it has SPF protection and gives me a nice tint to the lips. It's quite moisturizing and I really like this for daily wear. The only thing I can think of that is a con is when I do have super dry lips to the point where it is flakey, this lip balm doesn't do me any justice, it does not moisturize but accentuates my flakes and makes me feel oily on the lips, but I still love this because it keeps my lips moist when it's at a good condition, I just have to use a different lip balm during the night since this is tinted and it doesn't give me enough moisture when my lips are at its driest. Great for those who love tinted lip balms during the day time! :)