September 1, 2014 | 1944 users online

Masks - Acne Free Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ItsJustMeET

I have tried so many masks at different price points: this is one of my favorites. I use it when my blackheads seem to flare up or I have a really bad pimple. It helps to soothe & reduce the GUNK.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by kristimz

Wow wow wow!! I had been using a prescription sulfur mask (plexion SCT) for years as it was the only product that kept my skin clear and less oily. However it was discontinued (along with its generic) and I never was able to find anything close...until now. I decided to try the Acne Free therapeutic sulfur mask after reading the reviews and once I used it I realized it was very similar to the prescription brand I used which cost over $150 a tube (with insurance!). I had experienced a bad break out before I used it and within 3 days my face started to clear up. Yes it doesn't smell good and you can smell it on your face after you wash it off but I'd rather have that than a face full of oily skin and pimples. I use a cleanser that doesn't contain any acne fighting ingredients before I use the mask as the mask will leave your face dry. I used it for 3 nights in a row as I was very broken out and it cleared up my skin. However once clear, I intend to use 2-3 times a week as instructed. This is definitely my miracle product!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by tsc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Stinks like crazy and left my face still smelling like eggs for hours after; my boyfriend noticed and thought I hadn't brushed my teeth.

It seems worked okay, but my blemished could have just gone away on their own in that time, too. Nothing special, and it's a lot of money for that little tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been on the hunt for an H.G. sulfur mask since C.O. Bigelow DC'd my favourite one years ago, so when I saw this at the drugstore and read all the reviews here I decided to give it a try. I'm not really sure what the deal was with this mask and my skin. The first 24-36 hours after using this mask my skin looked fantastic, but then I'd get almost cystic-type acne. I'm not really sure why since my skin loves sulfur and copper peptides, and I don't think it was just purging since my skin was quite clear thanks to Neutrogena Healthy Skin night cream (OTC retinoid) and Metazine Gel (niacinamide serum). Really given the lapse in time between use and break out makes me think the mask was breaking me out and not just purging. So needless to say I won't be repuchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice, I use this while in the shower - I'll wash my face, rinse, and then massage this on for a good 2-3 minutes and leave it on until I do my final rinse. My skin is left feeling impeccably clean, smooth and rosey. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ndebace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In my opinion, this is the BEST sulfur mask on the market at ANY price! I LOVE that it has copper in it as well, which is soooo good for inflamed, sensitive skin. I use this mask about once a week. Please note that you must follow the directions and dampen your face with water before you apply. Then, massage it in until the blue beads break and the mask turns blue. After it dries and I wash it off, I have seen significant improvement in reddness and any inflamed blemishes I have had right away. Sometimes, instead of water, I like to put some Isomers Copper P Concentrate serum on my face before I apply the mask. I feel like the extra copper really adds to the soothing properties of this treatment. I also love this as a spot treatment overnight (I squeeze out a small amount on the back of my hand and rub it to break the blue beads up and then, when it turns blue, I apply it to the spot) This is a WINNER! And so much less expensive than other sulfur treatments. The only downside is that I sometimes have a hard time finding it - not every CVS sells it. So I tend to stock up when I find it. OH! One tip! Usually there is a $1 off coupon in the box with the mask for "your next purchase". But I just open the box while I am in line and use the coupon for that mask. Saves me a buck everytime!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Without a doubt, I will buy this again (unless they change the way the product is made). It has done wonders for my skin. I've been using this 2-3 times a week as a mask (I say this because I have found using it as a spot treatment works to dry out any blemish that starts to surface). My whiteheads, blackheads, and pores have improved so much since using this product. I've only had this product for over a week and a half and all the junk on my face has been reduced by half!!! My skin looks so much different in a good way. It's starting to clear up day by day. I'm sure it has something to do with using the whole Acne Free system for Severe Acne but the mask is really doing it's part by tightening up my pores and getting rid of my whiteheads and blackheads.

Update: I absolutely love this stuff as a mask and spot treatment. Sulfur is the only thing that helps my acne and this tube last forever. I've had it for 3 months. You don't need to use much at all. A little goes a long way. Within 24 hours my acne noticeably shrink in size when I use this as an overnight spot treatment. This stuff is as good as Mario Bedescu drying cream (sulfur product) but it's half the price.