April 16, 2014 | 2082 users online

Fragrances - Cartier - Baiser Volé

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Ladyofgrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Cartier Baiser Vole is one of my favorite spring-summer fragrances. The scent smells fresh, floral and powdery. Baiser Vole will last all day when layered with the Baiser Vole body cream. The cost is average for a good perfume and the 1.6 oz bottle will normally last me 1 year plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by funkysmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm bad at describing perfumes, so I won't bother trying. My experience is based on a sprizter sample that came with a Sephora order, which I assume is the same formula as the stuff you'd buy in the bottle.

What can I say? It's... nice? Kinda floral & powdery, maybe edging a bit into old lady at the country club. You could probably wear it in the office, even if you work in banking or something?

There wasn't anything special about it for me, though, so I wouldn't buy it for myself. If I'm going to spend the money on a "name" perfume, I have to fall in love with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Slightly powdery floral lily on me. Nice, very delicate, very sheer. Not my kind of thing, but office-appropriate and pretty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely unconsolably devastated: I wanted to love this perfume so much!! - the name, the description by all MUAers here, the bottle, the hype... I have worn this twice, both time tested at a drugstore, once in summer and then again in autumn, and it goes simply fecal on me!! Does anyone else have that effect with musky lily/rose?...!! I have never experienced such an awful side effect, I could never imagine my chemistry could pull off such a number.. The quality ( soft veil etc, but of sweetened poo in my case :-( ) ), the longevity, the silage - it's all there, so I do imagine this can be a delight as a casual wear scent, but for me - not in this lifetime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Definitely the most expensive perfume I have ever purchased- but I fell in love with it! I got this as a sample and used it for two days, and I couldn't stop sniffing myself where I sprayed it because it smelled soooo lovely! I was actually upset when the little spray vial ran dry! I knew being a Cartier fragrance, there was no way this would be "cheap," and when I looked it up online and saw the price... I clicked *add to basket* -but hesitated finalizing the purchase. I really can't afford Baiser Vole, but I can't bear the thought of not having anymore, either. It smelled so pretty, fresh, and classy... and every time I caught a whiff of it during the day... it made me feel happy & special. I am not a "professional" at describing perfumes and silage and top notes and such; as cosmetics are more where my expertise lies. But- I had to sacrifice BIG time for this one- and thanks to my upcoming birthday... there is a bottle being shipped to me as of this morning. :o) Can't wait to get it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Baiser Vole translates as 'Stolen Kiss'. Initially this has a very strong scent of green cut flower stems which put me off a little as it was quite unusual. However, the drydown was a lot softer and fresh, and turned into a lovely creamy yet powdery floral after several hours.

According to Cartier, lily is at the heart of this fragrance, from the sharp green of freshly cut stems as a top note, the petals as a middle note and the lily leaves as a base note. I am no lily expert but this to me is just a pretty floral fragrance without being overpoweringly feminine. The strong green note at the start made me hesitate to keep trying this fragrance, but each time I wear it I appreciate the uniqueness. The creamy powder lasts quite a while and I can smell this faintly on me several hours later.

This is an intriguing fragrance and one that I feel I have grown into over time. The bottle is also quite unique, with a flip-up lid. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my co worker this fragrance is really understated and the lily in it really comes through. It smelled so clean and fresh and feminine and not overly floral but on me I smelled nothing but the lilac undertones and it was awful. I absolutely hate the way it smells on me, this did not agree with my body chemistry at all, it seemed much heavier. It managed to smell like cheap powder or soap and almost bug spray-ish on me. Thankfully it died down and totally disappeared after about 2 hrs but I was highly disappointed and will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by CoRRi

The spice of the lily dissipates very quickly so if you are a fan of the flower, you may want to reach for Donna Karan Gold instead. As a whole, the scent - even in its eau de parfum - formulation is very fleeting. Despite the reasonable cost of the perfume on online discounters, I would invest my $50 elsewhere. That said, the old Hollywood charm of the cigar lighter style bottle is irresistible.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by masha814

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely, sheer, unpretentious floral. I get lily, but others swear to lilac, rose, and clean jasmine. Later I actually smell violets, like the violet/rose vibe from old-fashioned cosmetics. So...green notes, flower of choice, cosmetics. Then a soft, sweet, powdery drydown. It's very sheer and inobtrusive. I see this as the perfect office scent. It's beautiful, but will offend no one. I give it 3 stars only because I like my florals a little more quirky. But I predict that this will be very popular for a long time, and it does smell beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it at first but it's not a really "special" scent. It smell great but nothing really complex. I also think that it doesnt really stay on me. I would be happy to get it as a gift, but I would not purchase it for myself.