Cartier Baiser Volé

3.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

EDT worked well on my skin. Not powdery at all. Lasting power is great! I could wear it at any season! Very pricey but worth it!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

at first spray it kind of has a "bug spray" smell to it, but let it settle a minute and it develops into lily and floral and green, and settling more, it gets much sweeter and slightly musky-rosewater. I don't get any of the powder notes on me. I love it. The EDP is MUCH better than EDT. The EDT did not get sweet on me and gave me a headache, and I was always in a bad mood when I wore the EDT.

on 11/30/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When I first sprayed this it seemed quite powdery and a little too mature woman for me. But as the hour wore on the powder toned down and it was more musky and sweet, I found myself sniffing it in whenever I could.. While I don't really think its very 'me', something about it is weirdly addictive. I would explain this smell as really... 'nice', in the best way. I've seen people explain this as a good office scent, which is true, it is pleasant and not provocative at all. It is clean, fresh and while I thought initially it was a little 2 dimensional, it continues to morph on me into something else, revealing another layer.. A little more.. hmmm i'm not sure, spicy? In a sweet way. Don't buy this if you want something sexy. But a nice every day scent I think could work for a lot of different ages. Get a tester first! Because I've read the lily can morph on some people and become quite unpleasant. The bottle is amazing and I almost want to buy it just to have that old school lighter bottle in my room. As for price, I think considering its cartier, the amazing bottle and a quality fragrance its pretty fair. Its nice, but just that. I'd buy this if I didnt have 10 other fragrances i'd rather have sitting above it on my list. Very pure and feminine, but with a little something else. Give it a try.

on 10/13/2014 9:11:00 PM

Oh I really like this one! It's very challenging to describe a scent, but it is almost slightly masculine and fresh smelling. I also love the packaging, it looks like an old school lighter. I'm not sure if I would buy another bottle if I ran out as I'm kind of tired of it by now, but I knew when I smelled a sample it was a "me" type scent (I like fresh or fruity smells) and ran out and bought it. It doesn't reek of alcohol, which some perfumes do and it makes me crazy and it lasts a bit. It's really not an overpowering scent, it's like skin plus a little better. I would recommend it.

on 7/19/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This review is for the EDT, which I'm wearing now. Sooooo pretty! Light & fresh & sweet, perfect for spring & summer. Just lovely!

Not powdery or musky. And I don't find it "green" at all -- I don't generally like green fragrances. It's not strong or heady or sharp or crisp or scratchy or spicy or fruity or aquatic or earthy in any way,

It's ethereal, angelic, and sweetly clean -- a clear, fresh, super-pretty, uplifting, light floral. I looove it!!

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Lily pistil
Heart Notes: Lily
Base Notes: Green notes, Lily leaf

I've never tried the EDP version, but I doubt if I could like the scent more than this EDT version. The bottle is fantastic -- I love the little lighter design with the attached flip-top lid. Only slight problem is it's not very long-lasting. I might give the EDP a try and see if it has the same magic but lasts longer.

ADDENDUM 9/19/14: I got the EDP, and I'm wearing it now -- sooooo pretty! Really, it strikes me as a smooth clean fresh sweet floral skin-musk. Warm and skin-like -- at a distance from the bottle, it seemed almost white musky. A muted, sweet, sensuous, elegant, understated, skin-musky lily scent. Smooth! Sweet but not too sweet.

There's nothing sharp or screechy about this fresh floral at all! Gorgeous! All three Baiser Volé versions are different but equally wonderful -- the EDT, the EDP, and the Essence (vanilla version). I have & love all three. I'm generally not a "clean floral" fan at ALL, since I find them sharp & headache-inducing (Pleasures, Romance, J'adore, Elie Saab, Modern Muse, and so many others). Baiser Volé is head & shoulders above those IMHO -- well-done & beautiful!

on 4/9/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Cartier Baiser Vole is one of my favorite spring-summer fragrances. The scent smells fresh, floral and powdery. Baiser Vole will last all day when layered with the Baiser Vole body cream. The cost is average for a good perfume and the 1.6 oz bottle will normally last me 1 year plus.

on 3/31/2014 5:38:00 PM

I'm bad at describing perfumes, so I won't bother trying. My experience is based on a sprizter sample that came with a Sephora order, which I assume is the same formula as the stuff you'd buy in the bottle.

What can I say? It's... nice? Kinda floral & powdery, maybe edging a bit into old lady at the country club. You could probably wear it in the office, even if you work in banking or something?

There wasn't anything special about it for me, though, so I wouldn't buy it for myself. If I'm going to spend the money on a "name" perfume, I have to fall in love with it.

on 2/25/2014 1:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Slightly powdery floral lily on me. Nice, very delicate, very sheer. Not my kind of thing, but office-appropriate and pretty.

on 1/26/2014 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am absolutely unconsolably devastated: I wanted to love this perfume so much!! - the name, the description by all MUAers here, the bottle, the hype... I have worn this twice, both time tested at a drugstore, once in summer and then again in autumn, and it goes simply fecal on me!! Does anyone else have that effect with musky lily/rose?...!! I have never experienced such an awful side effect, I could never imagine my chemistry could pull off such a number.. The quality ( soft veil etc, but of sweetened poo in my case :-( ) ), the longevity, the silage - it's all there, so I do imagine this can be a delight as a casual wear scent, but for me - not in this lifetime.

on 9/21/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely the most expensive perfume I have ever purchased- but I fell in love with it! I got this as a sample and used it for two days, and I couldn't stop sniffing myself where I sprayed it because it smelled soooo lovely! I was actually upset when the little spray vial ran dry! I knew being a Cartier fragrance, there was no way this would be "cheap," and when I looked it up online and saw the price... I clicked *add to basket* -but hesitated finalizing the purchase. I really can't afford Baiser Vole, but I can't bear the thought of not having anymore, either. It smelled so pretty, fresh, and classy... and every time I caught a whiff of it during the day... it made me feel happy & special. I am not a "professional" at describing perfumes and silage and top notes and such; as cosmetics are more where my expertise lies. But- I had to sacrifice BIG time for this one- and thanks to my upcoming birthday... there is a bottle being shipped to me as of this morning. :o) Can't wait to get it!!!

Popular Fragrances