November 21, 2014 | 1673 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I love Egyptian Goddess. I've noticed that in the last little while, Auric Blends seems to have really diluted their fragrances and have made them a lot weaker, and current EG roller balls I've bought don't even come close to some that I purchased even as little as a year ago- so one lip off for that. That said, the fragrance is still beautiful and I will continue to repurchase. The roller balls are especially handy, because I stash them all over in my purse, desk, car, etc., for touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by CGirardi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I began using this scent 20+ years ago. I first found it in a bath and body store in which they blended scents for lotions. I don't remember the name of the store, nor the name of the manufacturer of the oils. The store closed within a year and I was lost without my new scent! I stumbled on Auric Blends completely by chance. I was playing tourist in Mackinac City MI and happened to find the small roll on bottles in a renaissance store. When I saw the name "Egyptian Goddess", my hands actually began to shake with anticipation!
When I opened the bottle and took a sniff.... I was in heaven! It was my scent! I immediately bought every bottle they had. It was a very expensive purchase since the roll on bottles are not the best buy, but I couldn't take the chance that I would lose it again.
When I got home, I noticed they had a website and have been buying my perfume directly from Auric Blends ever since.
Now... to address some of the negative comments.....
I have been purchasing Auric Blends for almost 20 years and not just any scent.... it has always been Egyptian Goddess. Their blend/scent has not changed in all the years that I have been buying it. I have purchased every item within the Egyptian Goddess Line and have never been disappointed with the scent. This scent has never been "pungent", it has always been soft, light, a little musky and a tad floral. I have found that not everyone can wear this scent and have it smell the same as it did on someone else. That is the primary reason I do not recommend it to anyone. The oil works with your own body chemistry so if your bodily oils have changed, the scent changes. If you use a heavily scented or antibacterial shower gel, it can change the scent and it's strength. These are all things I have learned by trial and error over time.
With that said: I have had times when I thought the new bottles were a little light on scent but wore them anyway and had the most pleasing response from those around me. I am always complimented on "how I smell". Complete strangers have approached me in the grocery store to ask what I am wearing as well as others in restaurants, which should prove that the scent doesn't fade since it was competing with the strong smells of the food!
If you want to try it, I recommend the small roll on. Try it but give it time to mingle with your scent and see if you don't get the same response! Since I have been wearing it so long, I can no longer smell it on myself after a few hrs. I think my sense of smell has become so accustomed to it that it won't register any longer. But.... the response I get from others is still the same! My husband nuzzles my neck every time I wear it and folks still stop me wherever I go to ask what it is. If you can no longer smell it, ask someone else. Someone who doesn't smell it every day, and see what they say.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kittykatchittychat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally concur with "jenerous" on the serious decline in quality of Egyptian Goddess! When I started wearing this scent over a decade ago it was a wonderfully pleasant, pungent scent with staying power; one that I could smell throughout the day and even on my sweaters after wear.

Last summer, I purchased two bottles (one for me and one for my Mom who happened to smell it on me and fall in love with it "first smell" just as I had done!) only to be gravely disapointed in the smell (or lack thereof!). I brought my new bottle on a girls getaway weekend with a friend and was SO disappointed in the product that I called Auric Blends right from our hotel room, left a detailed message and followed up with an email after I returned.

From that email on, I received a run around that consisted of large gaps between their responses, excuses for why their "resending" of my perfumes didn't arrive and that they would put a rush on sending it AGAIN only to have literally nearly a month go by before I received ANY replacement perfume!

From my original email to them on August 18, my replacement perfumes didn't arrive until November 4 and after smelling my "replacements", I emailed them this: I will be expressing this sentiment on paper when I return what you FINALLY shipped to me. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. To FINALLY receive my Egyptian Goddess after MONTHS of waiting only to open it and find it is NOT the Egyptian Goddess smell even in the slightest is beyond disappointing!!!! I don't know what has happened to your company since I first began order Egyptian Goddess from you, but I am terribly saddened to find that your product is no longer the same...

I emailed them again once I knew my return had arrived and then they apologized "this didn't work out" to which I replied: I too am terribly sad it didn't work out! Not sure if you mix your oils or buy them ready made, but if the scent ever returns to how it should smell, please let me know as THAT is worth buying and I would be happy to buy it again at that time: )

They went so far as to send me smaller "samples" of Egyptian Goddess which were worse than the first replacements!!! I followed THAT package receipt with this email: My refund posted and although I appreciate your gesture in sending those smaller amounts of perfume, I am saddened all over again that the Egyptian Goddess is FAR from the correct smell, yet again!!! It literally just smells like nasty plastic void of all that made that scent the wonderful scent it should be: ( If you EVER make it the way your company used to, please let me be the first to know as I would be so very happy to buy it again.

In February I emailed them this: Have you been able to make Egyptian Goddess the correct way yet!? I cannot tell you how DAILY, I am wishing for this scent to be what it once was so I can buy it again!

They never responded to that email so I email them this in April: I emailed a few weeks ago and thought I'd try again: ) Have you corrected your formula for Egyptian Goddess into it's original WONDERFUL pungent smell?!?! I have been so disappointed these last eight months that I haven't been able to enjoy this scent that I am HOPING you have fixed it and I can try ordering it again. Let me know...

A week later a different person from the original person I had been emailing back and forth with from Auric Blends sent me this: Hello, I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our product. It is normal for Egyptian Goddess to start out very faint and gain a stronger fragrance over time. Egyptian Goddess is a musk based fragrance and is somewhat volatile in nature which causes it to fluctuate a bit based on the age of the blend. Basically, the older the fragrance gets, the stronger it gets. The first thing we recommend is to allow the fragrance to sit for a couple of weeks and see if it gets stronger as it ages because “fresh” blends haven’t been allowed the time for all the components to coalesce. We try to ship only those batches that have had the time needed to age properly, but sometimes we find ourselves in a situation where the demand is greater than our supply and we must ship out what we have! We run quality control checks on all of our perfumes before we bottle them to be sure that the blends are within our acceptable fragrance range. The product you received has passed this testing. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

I THEN REPLIED: Thanks for taking the time to respond: ) My initial inquiry began in August of 2013 as I had ordered a bottle for my Mom and myself only to be gravely disappointed that there was only the faintest of smells (at best) in our oil. (name) FINALLY followed up with my phone calls and emails weeks after I began contacting her and eventually sent out two new bottles which contained oils that literally smelled like NO SCENT and almost like plastic in fact. Needless to say, to go from bad to worse was extremely disappointing as I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Egyptian Goddess and have worn it for years. With that as a background, you can now understand why I have written yet again in hopes to be assured that the wonderful, pungent smell that IS Egyptian Goddess has been the norm again for the oil you are selling. Are you quite sure you are back to the smell of what Egyptian Goddess should be?

It is May 20 and they still haven't responded!

My suspicion is they "watered" down their once great smell with so much oil that it no longer has any scent or that perhaps they ran out of the correct ingredients and are selling these awful versions until they are back on track with the right formula. If my suspicion is correct, I am saddened they simply didn't tell me the truth but continued to make a bad situation worse! And if they are simply content selling this version, shame on them as they are robbing themselves of loyal customers (I know I am not alone!) that are happy to pay for their ori

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by stupidbea

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not for me. I was expecting a clean, fresh scent based on the reviews. This actually smells like new car smell. Not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by MrsHogg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this scent! Soft, feminine,subtle and just lovely! Not overpowering or heavy. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by chicknits1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first when I opened the bottle, I couldn't smell a thing, it was very thick in consistency and went on me like cooking oil. Then I remembered reading reviews of how putting it on a windowsill could help the scent develop. What I did was turn the bottle and gently rolled it, took the cap off and put it in the microwave for 15 seconds, took it out and gently rolled it again and put it back in for another 15 seconds. I kept repeating this until the bottle was warm, I had to do this 4 times with my microwave oven, yours may vary. The scent was getting stronger and when I applied to my skin, I could smell it and it was beautiful. It didn't get extremely strong, but I didn't expect it to. All this time I thought I was anosmic. I haven't been able to smell Abdul Kareem's Egyptian Musk, The Body Shop's White Musk, Escentsational's China Musk and now I am thinking I should have hung onto those and tried this. I hope that this may help some who haven't been able to get anything finally derive some pleasure from being able to smell it. I know I am feeling quite pleased that I didn't get a case of buyers remorse once again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Add me to the list of believers! I ordered the big container of oil from Amazon and received it yesterday. I opened and was very impressed by the scent. I dabbed some on and was a little concerned that the oil seemed to thick or sticky to rub in, but the concern was unfounded. Once it warmed on my skin, it soaked in and disappeared. As my body heat caused the oil to heat up, the beautiful scent wafted up and I fell inlove. After about an hour, I couldn't really smell it and thought, "Well that didn't last long. Oh well, it's cheap enough I'll just reapply whenever..." I went about my day. When I came home in the evening, my husband who was walking in the door behind me said, "Whatever you're wearing smells really nice." I sniffed my wrist and smelled nothing. I said, "This?" and put my wrist to his nose. And he said, "Yes that's it!" So, it's once of those smells I quickly become anosmic to. Bummer for me, but if others like it, I'll still wear it. Well, others DO like it and they aren't shy about mentioning it. A couple girls at work today have commented on how nice it smells in my office and once girl actually had me write down what it was because she wanted to get some. I let her dab on some and she kept walking around sniffing her wrist. So, this is definitely a crowd pleaser. I just wish my nose let me enjoy it a little longer....

Edit: I have found this gains strength as time goes on. It literally gets stronger in the bottle. Now, several months later, I can now smell this all day long. It still isn't overpowering or anything, but it's "there." The funny thing, I can smell it ambiently, but if I sniff my wrist or chest directly, I get nothing. So it's got to have something to do with chemistry and body heat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought my roll-on from Whole Foods 2 years ago. Egyptian Goddess is a light floral musk with a "golden" smelling musk and no sharp edges whatsoever. It doesn't smell flowery to me, but I think those flowers give this scent a light sweetness. The oil is close wearing but long lasting and enveloping. Inexpensive. This would make a perfect signature scent if I didn't rotate through a closet of other perfumes, and I covet the matching lotion and spray.

I used to use this Nivea shower gel that was pearly blue, and I think it was called "Relaxing Ocean Breeze"--and this smells just like that to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by SparrowLight1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the scent that made me realize I love Egyptian musk type scents. It's seductive and warm without being loud or sweet, with a tiny dusting of powder. I wear this when I want to feel feminine without shouting at the world with my perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jenerous1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been using egyptian goddess since 1993. i have to admit - while i do still love egyptian goddess, i think that something has changed. i've used the roll-on, the oil, the soap, the lotion, and the solids. one thing i will say is this - in the 90s, the glorious scent used to stay for far longer than it does today. i am not sure if the vehicles they're using causes a rapid evaporation, or what. but, the scent in pretty much all of the e.g. products today does not hold well.

that said - of the e.g. products that i am still using (because i refuse to give up), the oil is your best bet. the roll-on seems to be best at holding the scent. the scent dissipates in the solids within a few days of opening them (you don't even have to use it) - today, i have two solids that smell like bees wax, and nothing more and i only received them about a month or so ago. the soap leaves no lingering scent whatsoever and the lotion also leaves no notably lingering scent. though, it smells wonderful when you apply it.

i love egyptian goddess, and i'd love to see them get back to what they were when they started. the products are just a little too expensive to have the scent disappear so quickly.

that's my take!