October 22, 2014 | 1744 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Body

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by spicedchaiprincess

I'm obsessed with this scent.

It's a fruity scent but it has a lot of depth. It starts off smelling like a fruity soapy clean scent. By lunchtime I can smell florals in it. And it ends off my day with a spicy musky scent.

It lasts my whole work day 8+ hours. This scent to me is very classy and just makes me feel beautiful.

I can see why some people may think this smells grandma-ish but I would say still give it a whiff because it has surpassed all other perfumes for me, and I definitely don't feel like grandma when I wear it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is, without a doubt, one of the sexiest-smelling daytime perfumes I own. Before I ever bought it, I saw it on several "Fragrances Men Love" blog lists. Well, they weren't lying. I received one compliment after another, not to mention the looks they were throwing my way.

I won't get into describing all the notes since they're already above, but it's spicy, woodsy and powdery, with just a hint of peach to make it very feminine. It's alluring. And although it is powdery, it's not nearly as much on my skin as it was on the testers I tried.

I see it listed as mostly a fall fragrance, but I don't know...if you're a spicy, woodsy, powdery girl like me, I think it could easily be worn during the summer months with a light hand.

Longevity and sillage are both moderate on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by su

I bought this fragrance (EDP) a month ago. I like it, but it doesn't stay for long on my skin. I thing it's a good fragrance mostly for summertime, because it's light and reminds me of clean water. I don't like the packaging.

TOP NOTES:
Freesia, Green Absinthe, Peach
MIDDLE NOTES:
Rose, Iris
BASE NOTES:
Sandalwood, Cashmerean, Musk, Amber, Vanilla

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I have 2 opinions on this fragrance: At first, I said, "EW!" because it smelled like laundry detergent. I had no plan on ever testing it again. I hate soapy scents. Had you asked me I would have said "laundry detergent" + "dryer sheets", actually. But ever since I fell in love with Ralph Lauren's Romance, I decided to give Burberry Body a second sniff. Not bad. Not that bad after all. I'm not sure how Body will react with my chemistry, in the long run, but I plan on sampling it again. Some things are worth a second chance. Maybe I'll end up liking it as much as RL's Romance. (I put that I wouldn't buy it again because I haven't bought it the first time...yet).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this, even if i feel kind of ickily trendy about my love. I originally bought a small bottle of Burberry Body at Marshall's and I liked it so much I needed to have a full-size bottle. There was a really good deal online at Ulta, but I wound up scoring a big bottle on eBay for cheap and I'm happy as a clam.

This smells warm and feminine and cozy. I'm surprised that one of the basenotes is vanilla, because I'm usually repelled by vanilla like a vampire from garlic. I use it the way I use other perfumes, which is to spray them on my torso before I get dressed, spreading it onto my wrists and neck while it's wet. This way, I find that I can enjoy a fragrance without imposing it on others very much. It lasts a few hours; not nearly as long as I'd expect, given the strength of the opening.

My one complaint is the stupid bottle. There is no way that narrow thing will stay up on my bureau. I'm not risking the finish of my furniture by keeping it on its side (as the writing on the bottle implies you should do). I keep it upright in a box of underwear in my closet, but what kind of solution is that?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I sniffed a sample of this and was hooked! It's expensive, but I found it on fragrancenet.com (not affiliated) for cheap. I scored a large 2.8 oz unused tester bottle of the parfum for only $30-something. Anyway, I can't get enough of this scent. I spray it on and am lifted away to a beautiful place. I tend to like either delicate florals or clean or powdery scents and Body is all three. It develops as it dries down and is complex without being cloying. It's very pretty, modern, and ladylike. It's my new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by margiela

This is love at first smell. I know this it THE perfume for me. I'm bad at describing notes but I know that this smells like sophistication and sensuality without coming off as tacky.It's the kind of scent that becomes your second skin. Attention grabbing but not in a cheap way. It's very strong and the scent stays on for a whole day (I can still smell it on my scarf even after a few days). It is pricey but worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Apple shampoo on my skin. It is not necessarily a bad thing but makes Body very expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This perfume is very fresh and strong when first sprayed. It is like grass or rain. I like it, i find it refreshing. The sharp bright fresh smell quickly drys away to reveal soft sensual powder then the roses bloom, mingled with amber and sandalwood. Vanilla is also in the picture, but very subtly, so the perfume is not a super sweet smell.

The name BODY is truly correct. If skin was a possible fragrance, it would smell like this. I think of cozy cashmere blankets/sweaters when I smell this. This is a great perfume for getting close and personal with someone. This is also a perfume wonderful for day or night and any season. Beautiful, nude, sensual, soft, understated...

EDIT march25.2014: Staying power lacks. Lately, im more drawn to mature scents like Chanel No.5, Tom Ford, Bvlgari, Estee Lauder, etc....I used to really like this perfume for a long time, but maybe my tastes are changing. Now this perfume smells to chemically and green for me. But my boyfriends really likes it and I have a quarter left of it...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by addikted

This is a new classic, it is clean, fresh, beautiful. It is a walk in the park in the city after the rain, or early in the morning with the dew, smelling freesias and roses and jasmine mixed with grass maybe. It smells clean, fresh, it's floral but not flowery, it is not country garden but more someone's garden as you walk down the street in the evening, with night jasmine and clean air mixed with a hit of the city, somehow, which keeps it feeling modern.

It is a very wearable scent, perfect for daytime or work. This is a light yet long wearing fragrance.

It can lean to baby powder but let it settle and the layers will blend. It is quite beautiful but not 'pretty' - it is not a fragrance reserved for young girls, it is something I could see any age wearing actually. I like it and it'll be one that I grab to spritz my wrists on the way out the door of a morning. It is more spring than summer, it's more picnic and roll in the grass.. than beachy frangipani and outdoor bars on a hot night. It is refreshing and lovely.