July 31, 2014 | 1787 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - J'Adore L'Or

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Loved this since it's release. Takes a certain type of person to wear it, not very "young" if you know what I mean.. But it could've if mixed with something a little more toes down maybe :) still, absolutely lovely & long lasting. Like a warm, amber, sunny, memory with notes of Carmel , sweet smelling leather and sugar. Make sense? Lol I bet you'll love it. It's addicting and one of those scents that lingers and you get little lovely whiffs of throughout the day. Reminds me of a better Victoria secret heavenly angels (that came out in late 90s..) sexy, angelic, memorable..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sc06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Have been using this brand for 5 years now. I only use the EDP. It smell beautiful. Not a fruity fragrance but a scent for a sophisticated women. The bottle is beautiful. I do not like musky notes. This fragrance does not seem to have musky notes but more of a fresh smell. The price is steep though on the EDP 100ml. But it does take quite a while to finish. I had found the scent was not as strong when I opened a brand new seeled box after 2 year of storage. Not sure how long it may have been on the shop shelf for either. I had bought quite a few so by the time I got to opening the last box the strength of the fragrance was compromised. Learnt my lesson of buying fragrances in bulk. I Thought because it was sealed in the box it would be fine. This is the only reason I have not given it a 5. Other than that beautiful fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells like Chanel. The one in the red-marroon looking box. Can't remember what it's called. It's popular in Europe. I got it when I was in Spain. This smells absolutely nothing like J'adore EDT or EDP. It's very old world, but at the same time, it's not.

Some times it smells so good, but other times, it kind of reminds me of lysol. Well, anyway, I think that overall this is a great scent. I like florals and musks and fresh and green scents, and citrus. This seems to be a mix of all three, I think. But in such a unique way, and again, very much like that Chanel. In fact, I wonder if this is supposed to be knock off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is described by Dior as a floriental. It's not exactly what I would call a challenging fragrance; it's actually pretty "safe" and well, pretty. Scratch that. It's beautiful. More floral than spice with a bit of creaminess. Soft without being dowdy. Sophisticated without being strictly special event. Can be worn as a beautiful every day perfume. This is probably one of my favorite J'Adore flankers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mandymoos2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love at first sniff! What a stunningl feminine fragrance, beautiful elegant bottle, fantastic sillage! Coco Madamoiselle was my favourite fragrance of all time but ever since I discovered L'Or, I would say they are both definitely on a par. My biggest dilemma is figuring out which one to wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by maico27

Smooth and silky feel fragrance... How should I say it, "exquisite!" Great choice for evening social gathering for its classy scent. Not overwhelming. Pure heaven. Love.Love.Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so smooth and classy. I love it...and only just discovered it when I went to a Dior cournter at Nordie to revisit the regular J'adore and remind myself why I did not have a bottle. I don't like the sharpness of the original, but the L'or is warm, soft and elegant...I bought it on the spot. Although there was only one size, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Zuggiecat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I work for Dior and I love this perfume. It is so sophisticated and classy. Most of my American customers either love it or hate it, but my European customers love it. Some people have said that it smells like a sour Chanel #5. I don't get it. Maybe people these days can only handle D&G Light Blue.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by krissybug

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love fragrance and it's a part of my everyday existence. J'Adore L'Or is a masterpiece in my collection of fine fragrances and I love and appreciate it even more than when I first discovered it. Many fragrances have one particular note that is more predominate but the notes in L'Or are in complete harmony with one another. I feel classy and lady like whenever I wear this and the compliments are nonstop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

J'Adore L'Or Fragrance notes:
Mai Rose, Jasmine, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Patchouli, Labdanum

I was shopping @ Nordstrom when I saw a beautiful bottle in the fragrance section --a nearly completely different scent from the original . This deserves to stand alone in terms of quality ,elegance and artistry . The top notes surprise you with a burst of aldehydes - akin to hundreds of champagne bubbles bursting under your nose Beautifully made with the best jasmine and rose de mai from Grasse--from Dior's own fields . The base consists of soft and warm tonka bean absolute and sensual Tahitian vanilla absolute.An oriental flavor originates from patchouli and drops of amber and labdanum.

The packaging is exclusive with an inner and outer box, a small card stating that the rose and jasmine comes from Grasse and that the perfume was hand packaged .This all takes me by surprise as Dior is making an effort to put some exclusivity back into their 'mass' perfumes.

Tenacity is excellent - 2 sprays will last the next morning and then some . The depth of the fragrance is outstanding - oily with natural essences ,soft and rich.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No