Dior J'Adore L'Or

4.8

on 1/8/2015 10:10:00 PM

I can add very little to the well written reviews already found here on J'Adore L'Or .
I own many perfumes , but never was drawn to J'Adore . It was pleasant , but somewhat nondescript to my senses. Today I sampled this new version and am smitten and scheming to find a way to justify the purchase .

This is a warm floral with a hint of vanilla and best of all, LONG LASTING . It is very feminine and I think is unusual in that it is VERSATILE . I personally see this being suitable for any feminine creature . It has no sharp edges or syrupy excess. I find it feminine , classy and a work of art. This fragrance could be worn on any feminine lady for casual or formal occasions.
It has a very agreeable warmth , perfect projection and good longevity . It is INSPIRING!

on 11/28/2014 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wrote a review of this and then deleted it because I thought I put it under the wrong version. I *hate* flankers!!! I never would have tried this, because I don't like the original J'Adore, except that an SA at Dior was putting make-up on my face and she smelled wonderful. I asked what she was wearing and it was this. She said she didn't like any of the other versions either. So what I said in the original review was something along the lines of this... you can smell the quality in this. A voluptuous floral with prominent jasmine and a deep but soft woody-vanilla base. It smells a bit of tolu balsam or coumarin, a bit of tobacco. The long drydown is gorgeous when I catch a whiff of it on my coat sleeves. It's definitely a little old-fashioned, a classic French floral; it reminds me a lot of Divine's Divine, which in turn reminds me of the original Ysatis, which I wore back in the 80s. I don't feel that this smells dated though, whereas I can't wear Ysatis now (not that the new version is the same). I bought two bottles because I wasn't sure if this was limited edition... I guess not. It deserves to have a real name and place in the Dior line-up, IMHO.

on 11/13/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

J'Adore L'or is a luxurious, creamy, semi-dark, womanly fragrance. Envision an elegant, well dressed woman wearing diamonds….this is J'Adore L'Or.

Rose note is listed; however, never detected rose. What I experienced wearing this is a beautifully blended jasmine, vanilla and amber. There is a sweetness to this perfume, which never waned on my skin, and over time, the sweet aroma (mainly vanilla) became too much for my olfactory system.

This is a beautiful fragrance in a lovely bottle; however, not one I am able to wear.

Loved this since it's release. Takes a certain type of person to wear it, not very "young" if you know what I mean.. But it could've if mixed with something a little more toes down maybe :) still, absolutely lovely & long lasting. Like a warm, amber, sunny, memory with notes of Carmel , sweet smelling leather and sugar. Make sense? Lol I bet you'll love it. It's addicting and one of those scents that lingers and you get little lovely whiffs of throughout the day. Reminds me of a better Victoria secret heavenly angels (that came out in late 90s..) sexy, angelic, memorable..

on 5/12/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I Have been using this brand for 5 years now. I only use the EDP. It smell beautiful. Not a fruity fragrance but a scent for a sophisticated women. The bottle is beautiful. I do not like musky notes. This fragrance does not seem to have musky notes but more of a fresh smell. The price is steep though on the EDP 100ml. But it does take quite a while to finish. I had found the scent was not as strong when I opened a brand new seeled box after 2 year of storage. Not sure how long it may have been on the shop shelf for either. I had bought quite a few so by the time I got to opening the last box the strength of the fragrance was compromised. Learnt my lesson of buying fragrances in bulk. I Thought because it was sealed in the box it would be fine. This is the only reason I have not given it a 5. Other than that beautiful fragrance.

on 9/19/2013 2:32:00 PM

Smells like Chanel. The one in the red-marroon looking box. Can't remember what it's called. It's popular in Europe. I got it when I was in Spain. This smells absolutely nothing like J'adore EDT or EDP. It's very old world, but at the same time, it's not.

Some times it smells so good, but other times, it kind of reminds me of lysol. Well, anyway, I think that overall this is a great scent. I like florals and musks and fresh and green scents, and citrus. This seems to be a mix of all three, I think. But in such a unique way, and again, very much like that Chanel. In fact, I wonder if this is supposed to be knock off.

on 9/10/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is described by Dior as a floriental. It's not exactly what I would call a challenging fragrance; it's actually pretty "safe" and well, pretty. Scratch that. It's beautiful. More floral than spice with a bit of creaminess. Soft without being dowdy. Sophisticated without being strictly special event. Can be worn as a beautiful every day perfume. This is probably one of my favorite J'Adore flankers.

on 7/22/2013 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love at first sniff! What a stunningl feminine fragrance, beautiful elegant bottle, fantastic sillage! Coco Madamoiselle was my favourite fragrance of all time but ever since I discovered L'Or, I would say they are both definitely on a par. My biggest dilemma is figuring out which one to wear.

on 4/2/2013 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smooth and silky feel fragrance... How should I say it, "exquisite!" Great choice for evening social gathering for its classy scent. Not overwhelming. Pure heaven. Love.Love.Love.

on 10/8/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is so smooth and classy. I love it...and only just discovered it when I went to a Dior cournter at Nordie to revisit the regular J'adore and remind myself why I did not have a bottle. I don't like the sharpness of the original, but the L'or is warm, soft and elegant...I bought it on the spot. Although there was only one size, I would repurchase.

Popular Fragrances