April 16, 2014 | 1923 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure Velvet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this line of mattes. Velvety, goes on easily, doesn't pull or dry out. I bought La Malicieuse, #46, the new pink red for spring 2014. It is bright, but not overly so, super lovely blue base red/pink. I love these lipsticks because they go on and they don't dry out the lips and I do not need liners or glosses or anything else, just put on and go, no mistakes. Lovely case, hey I have about 50 Chanel lipsticks but this Velvet line is by far, my favorite. Going to buy another color today...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Gigibri

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aaahh, ooohh, wow. All colors are so nice and luckily I can get those only available in other countries as well. I love the texture, the finish it gives my lips. It's not drying out, also does it not 'crumble'. I would just wish it would last longer. At least it fades evenly. I found the perfect warm red for me in it's color range. Right now I'm in love with the 'nude rose'. For sure I will get some other shades as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Busra30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this lipstick! I got it in shade #32. Its a really natural looking red. I have REALLY dry lips but with this lipstick I can hide them even though the colour is pretty-out-there. Considering buying other colours In this formula.

One little con: I believe it doesn't last very long on my lips...:/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

My first Chanel product ever! I got this in shade 36 La caline And it is so beautiful and creamy. Now I understand the hype with their products so luxurious so classy so chic! Everything right down to the packaging screams perfect with its retractable tube so you will never have any worries about it opening in your cosmetic bag making a mess God forbid it to go to waste! I received this as a an early Christmas gift from my mom and it's so gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Vetisdeumos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had my eye on l'impatiente for months now and today while I was leaving Shanghai airport dad spoiled me and got it for me!
I naturally have a very dark sense of style so I was really hoping for it to just been a dark yet subtle way of adding colour to my everyday black outfit haha.
And honestly this is such a beautiful lipstick. From the way its packaged to the way it sits on your lips. Its rich. Matte. Velvety. I absolutely love it.
The only down fall about this lipstick is the price, how it could be a little more matte, and the way it does go a little blotchy if you dont have a lip liner or a lip primer.

Other than that. If you can afford this baby. Do it. You wont regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by alley28

This is the most incredible dark lipstick I ever had. You don't even need a lipbrush to apply it, it goes on super smooth, lasts a few hours (depending on what you're doing). It just has the right consistency...I would highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do own La Fascinante(No:38) which suits my skin tone. It's long-lasting and surprisingly not drying. Perfect choice for autumn and winter as it's name already suggests: "velvet".

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by VioletThunderstorm

Very annoying that this won't let me enter the color name and create a new review. This is for the color L'Impatiente from the Holiday collection 2012.
First, the texture. This to me is very silicon-y. Thin, non-creamy matte, but not drying. The only thing weird to me is that the color doesn't seem to go on evenly. You really need a lip pencil with this one.It does feel comfortable on the lips though. To me, if feels a lot like a long-wearing lip color.

the color reminds me a lot of Clinique black honey. It is a deep plum. Scary in the tube, but not at all scary on. Very beautiful. It could be sheered out very easily. If you are expecting a goth-type lipstick, you might be disappointed. Just a sophisticated plum color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My lips are quite prone to flakiness and dryness. This is a good matte lipstick, but I will still have to apply balm before. I feel it slightly drying after a couple of hours of wear. My lips are generally not in tip-top shape at the moment, though. So I would not scare anyone off this lipstick on that account - it is a great, pigmented matte lipstick. I love its look!

My concrete shade is La Ravissante (the ravishing one). And ravissante it is, this shade! For a coral fan (correction: obsessed), it is a must have. It is a dark matte coral, and there are not many matte corals out there at all. Over and Scandal by Illamasqua are very neon, and very orange and pink, respectively.

La Ravissante is part of my top coral favorites. It is darker than my most classic matte coral, Bobbi Brown Calypose Coral Pot Rouge. Pimpante by Chanel itself is of course shimmery, but also way less opaque and lighter.

I want to try out La Somptueuse (dark red) and a light pinky shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by lucyfur888

I hate glossy lips particular on older women and I have never found a long wearing matte that isn't drying and leaves a nice stain until I tried this lipstick. I had to guess on colour since I have no Chanel counter near me and I ordered from Nordstrom. La Raffinee is a very wearable shade, doesn't bleed, doesn't feel like a matte going on, no pulling. Just make sure you exfoliate first. I have tried almost every lipstick brand but this one and rouge coco Mademoiselle are my holy grails. I am sticking with Chanels from now on, they are worth the money as you will use them right down to the bottom of the tube.