April 18, 2014 | 1903 users online

Mascara - Illamasqua - Masquara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is everything I have always wanted in a mascara!! Better than every brand out there...it's dark and lovely, doesn't flake, wears gorgeously.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an okay mascara. The pigment is a nice, rich black and coats the lashes evenly.
It gives okay length but not much volume so it's not for me as I like full va va voom lashes.
It would be best if you're already blessed with long, reasonably thick lashes and want some added definition.

The staying power is okay although I coated my lashes a few times for the extra volume and ended up with a wee bit of flaking. It does come off easy with a regular eye makeup remover.

There are better mascaras out there, both high end and low end.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Love this mascara love illamasqua in general. Nice fat brush, applies well and is jet black love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very impressive mascara. It's true black with a fairly wet formula (in the beginning) but drys very quickly. After the tube has been open for a couple of months, the formula becomes less obviously wet and more average - it's really easy to work with. It gives a whole lot of volume to my average lashes, a decent amount of length, and is easily buildable to something quite dramatic. It can be prone to a little bit clumping due to the brush shape sometimes picking up too much product - particularly at the end - but this is easily seperated and causes no nuisance. Lashes feel flexible, quite natural and don't get crunchy during wear. I'm pleased to say I do not get any mascara fallout over the day, no black grains under the eyes - this is the only mascara I can say that about. It's average in water resistance, you can tear up a little bit e.g. from wind without worrying, but a full on sob will see it starting to run. No issues with removal. My one criticism of this mascara is that the brush is not great for the lower lashes, so personally I use a lighter, more seperating mascara for those e.g. MaxFactor Masterpiece. Overall it's an excellent value mascara given that it's only slightly more expensive than a drugstore offering and the performance is worlds apart. It's the only mascara I've ever repurchased, and I bought another 2 at Christmas as gifts for family (who also loved theirs). It doesn't seem to have a lot of reviews which really surprises me - more people need to give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by andreacshortell

This mascara is really nice, but you have to be careful as when it's new, a ton of product comes out and can be messy. What I did was open it and left in my makeup bag for a few months. You can also wipe off some excess mascara before application. This gave me very fluttery lashes which were dark and had a lot of volume and length to them. The brush is similar to DiorShows and BadGal, I've tried both and don't think Illamasqua is better but is definitely in the same category.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by minihollyxo

My HG mascara, its the only mascara I have bought more than once, it looks really nice on my lashes as I have very long lashes anyway but it just adds a real oomph to them. The packaging is really nice, just a nice shiny black tube with Illamasqua written on the side, so nothing too whacky which I like about it. It normally lasts me around 2-3 months until I have to buy a new one so I really think its worth the money as drug store brands usually only last me around a month.
I will never ever use another mascara again for as long as the Masquara is around!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice fat brush and I shouldn't complain coz this was really cheap on their website. Still this is a very natural mascara with practically no thickening or lengthening properties. You would have to add several coats to see a real difference. I prefer my lashes to look thicker and don't have time to apply multiple coats. Back to Clinique. Still this mascara does remove very easily, even when you don't want it to. Nice one for school/college where makeup is frowned upon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara has a big fat brush, but curiously it reminds me a bit of Hourglass Superficial Lash as it does catch the lashes at the roots pretty well, and does separate them very good - but does not add much volume.
I tipically love YSL Faux Cils (my HG) because it lenghtens and volumizes at the same time. Masquara is different: it's more of a super buildable mascara. You can add layers and layers and layers and build up to some long intense lashes.
Also, once you stop layering, it dries within seconds and even though it's not waterproof, it did resist some moderate crying. Good formula, not for you if you want to be done in one quick coat and have tons of volume, though.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No