April 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Showtime Waterproof Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Sabrina67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved CG's Marathon mascara. Ever since they discontinued it, I have been looking for a replacement mascara that is truly water - and smear- proof. This product does a good job of being waterproof. My eyes can tear up without any mascara running. However, rub your eye and you will have a big, black smudge under your eye. It also doesn't add much volume, but that doesn't really bother me. I buy the product for its waterproof ability, not for its volumizing ability. It does wash off quite easily. Waterproof? Yes. Smudgeproof? No. Volumizing? No. Still, it's the closest thing I found to my beloved discontinued Marathon mascara, so I'll buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall Rating- 4.
Price- Dirt cheap!
Packaging Quality- 3
Would I buy this again? MAYBEE !
I don't like this mascara by itself but with other mascaras, it will make my lashes super black and a bit longer and voluminous.
It is so cheap I might pick this up when I run out to pair it up with other mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

i have to curl my lashes before i use this or else it looks like the shrunk! but after i curl it does hold them, it is waterproof which i like, i feel like its not as black as it could be. It doesn't smudge of my lashes which is great. it sometimes clumps, and it doesn't give my lashes volume, and just a little length! I like this not Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by DeniseR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a bad mascara. Compared to Maybellene Great Lash, I would buy this first. It is a bit clumpy, but Great Lash is way worse for clumps! The best way to get long, full lush lashes is to use two different kinds of Mascaras. Or if you don't have 2 with you....wait until one coat dries and then apply another coat. I would buy this again, when I don't have time to shop for my other faves at the department store. Since mascaras don't last long anyway, this is a good option when you don't want to spend a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by silentxtearz

This mascara is definitely not waterproof and did not hold any kind of curl to my lashes, nor is it volumizing. It gave my lashes a little bit of length, that's about it. Very disappointed with this product, but I guess you get what you pay for huh. (It was only $3.99) I wish I would've read the reviews before I bought this! :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This is very cheap so I wasn't expecting wonders, but I have seen good reviews of this and wanted to try it out. Not impressed, is what I have to say.
For a waterproof mascara, this does not hold a curl AT ALL. I have and used plenty of non-waterproof mascaras that do hold a curl all day, so I find this aspect of the NYC mascara unacceptable.
It doesn't volumise much and only adds a slight length, and you have to fiddle with the brush a lot to get a decent result. A result that doesn't even last, and half an hour in I end up with poker straight lashes. Why bother!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by belle666

I much prefer this to the non-waterproof version. This did not really give me the volume that it claimed, but I find that with pretty much every waterproof mascara. However, it did give me awesome staying power, in and out of the water. Buying waterproof mascara is pretty risky overall because it does not always work, or works to the point where it will not come off for two-three days. But this stayed on all day and easily removed with a good makeup remover. Would repurchase if I were to hit the beach or waterpark.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another disappointing mascara that failed to live up to it's name for me as it's not volumizing and not waterproof. This mascara added slight length and decent separation to my lashes, but flaked and smeared like crazy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Cheshiercatt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After using a few months,I find this product to be disappointing.

It applied clumpy and gloppy on my lashes, and it took a lot of moving the wand back and forth to get the desired effect of nice lashes.

There were several times I had to wipe off the wet product from my eyelids and cheeks when it dripped or flaked off just after I applied it. So this can be a time-waste to use.

About 6 hours later, most of the mascara was gone from my eyelashes as it seems to be lacking any staying power throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by amy11692

Okay, so I just used up a whole tube of this stuff. My eyes water like crazy and it does an alright job of not smudging terribly. I goes on easily, the brush is small so it is easy to apply. As far as mascara goes, it's very cheap price-wise. The tube is a pretty blue color. It's good overall, but it didn't quite give me the oomph I like with my lashes. And it does run a little bit. I'm going to keep looking, but if I don't find something else, I'll come back to this product.