October 20, 2014 | 2072 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Showtime Volumizing Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had high hopes because it is water proof. The wp qualities were cool and fine and all. The con was that it made my lashes all hard and didn't add a bit of length. None. Matter of fact, they looked stubbier than usual. Truth. On top of the increased difficulty of removal due to the wp factor, no, girl. Just no.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this I was getting ready and noticed my other mascara was completely used up. Got it for around $2. I would say this is waterproof as I've worn it in 100 degree 98% humidity without it budging. It is also difficult to remove at the end of the night (not a bad thing). I did tap at my eyes the other day after tearing up at a movie, with a tissue and realized that I left a small smudge at the outer corner of my eye once. But that is the only time I had a smudge, I might have rubbed/touched harder than I thought I did. The only con I have with this mascara is that I didn't find it volumizing in the least. It made my lashes look darker and it was waterproof, but my lashes didn't look any fuller or volumized at all. Once I use it up, I plan on trying more mascaras since I haven't tried many (I found one I liked and stuck with it forever and now I'm trying to branch out more). But I'm not going to say I'll never buy it again. It was a pretty good cheap mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by emmyl02

It's good. It's not the most volumizing mascara, but for $3 dollars, c'mon!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Waterproof? Yes. I was out 6 hours in the brutal Florida weather (almost 90 deg) and this mascara didn't budge, smudge or leave my eyelashes with a crispy feel. When I removed my makeup it took some effort to get it off which is a good sign for me. Volumize? Oh dear me, no, my lashes just looked like they always did but slightly enhanced, even with 2 coats on. The price was decent- under $5 at CVS and being it was on sale that week, it cost even less. Would I buy this again? Probably not. Since I don't believe in wasting anything, I'll use it for everyday, but not anything special occasion.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Sabrina67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved CG's Marathon mascara. Ever since they discontinued it, I have been looking for a replacement mascara that is truly water - and smear- proof. This product does a good job of being waterproof. My eyes can tear up without any mascara running. However, rub your eye and you will have a big, black smudge under your eye. It also doesn't add much volume, but that doesn't really bother me. I buy the product for its waterproof ability, not for its volumizing ability. It does wash off quite easily. Waterproof? Yes. Smudgeproof? No. Volumizing? No. Still, it's the closest thing I found to my beloved discontinued Marathon mascara, so I'll buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall Rating- 4.
Price- Dirt cheap!
Packaging Quality- 3
Would I buy this again? MAYBEE !
I don't like this mascara by itself but with other mascaras, it will make my lashes super black and a bit longer and voluminous.
It is so cheap I might pick this up when I run out to pair it up with other mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

i have to curl my lashes before i use this or else it looks like the shrunk! but after i curl it does hold them, it is waterproof which i like, i feel like its not as black as it could be. It doesn't smudge of my lashes which is great. it sometimes clumps, and it doesn't give my lashes volume, and just a little length! I like this not Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by DeniseR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a bad mascara. Compared to Maybellene Great Lash, I would buy this first. It is a bit clumpy, but Great Lash is way worse for clumps! The best way to get long, full lush lashes is to use two different kinds of Mascaras. Or if you don't have 2 with you....wait until one coat dries and then apply another coat. I would buy this again, when I don't have time to shop for my other faves at the department store. Since mascaras don't last long anyway, this is a good option when you don't want to spend a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by silentxtearz

This mascara is definitely not waterproof and did not hold any kind of curl to my lashes, nor is it volumizing. It gave my lashes a little bit of length, that's about it. Very disappointed with this product, but I guess you get what you pay for huh. (It was only $3.99) I wish I would've read the reviews before I bought this! :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This is very cheap so I wasn't expecting wonders, but I have seen good reviews of this and wanted to try it out. Not impressed, is what I have to say.
For a waterproof mascara, this does not hold a curl AT ALL. I have and used plenty of non-waterproof mascaras that do hold a curl all day, so I find this aspect of the NYC mascara unacceptable.
It doesn't volumise much and only adds a slight length, and you have to fiddle with the brush a lot to get a decent result. A result that doesn't even last, and half an hour in I end up with poker straight lashes. Why bother!