October 30, 2014 | 1099 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer - Recharge

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by RoxyOhSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didnt expect this product to work, but it does on my NC45 skin. I use it all over my face and on lips. Wow it totally neutralized the pigmented areas of my lips and skin. I really love this product and most days i can get away waering this alone with abit of spot conecaling (I hate wearing foundation) On not so good skin days i dust a little studio fix and im good to go. It also does not make me oily yay! I have also found being a little generous with the product gives better results. The packaging is just perfect. My only con is the price...although i would re purchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I think this product is better suited to darker skins, especially South Asian skins which can have a lot of dark spots. It is quite orange which is supposed to neutralise the blue base of dark circles. Anyway, I thought this would be my HG product - it has a great texture and colour, gives a dewy finish, and also has SPF 35 while giving a sheer coverage.

However, it breaks me out! I could tell as soon as I returned home after the SA had applied it. I wish I had waited before purchasing it. I tried it once more when I got home but the same result. I have very cloggable pores. You can check my swap list for this item!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by tlove100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quite expensive but is the best primer I have ever used. I asked the SA what product would prevent me from looking grey. My foundation at the time was the studio fix in NC43 but it was oxidizing on my face and changing colour. This primer (over my cleanser toner moisturizer) was lovely, the little tinge to it brightened my face and gave me a smooth base where my foundation (now changed to Revlon Colorstay golden caramel in oily/combination) glides on. It's really comfortable and breathable and on good skin days can work on it's own with just a little powder. It is not to be used as a foundation because it gives little-to-no coverage but it is spf 35 which is brilliant because most forget to apply sun protection which can make people age without it. I apply with a sponge and let it set for just a minute before I apply foundation. This is now one of my staple products I will never look back.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by plonisalmony

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased MAC Prep + Prime Fortified Skin enhancer in the color Recharge because I was looking for an orange hued primer for my under and over eye area in order to neutralize my hereditary dark circles as well as the darkness of my deep-set eyes.
Was I in for a surprise when in found that not only did the product neutralize the darkness around my eyes, but the creamy texture eliminated the wrinkled eyelid effect as well - even after applying powder eyeshadow which inevitably emphasized the wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a primer! yes, it does have a slight color, but it's not really made for showing up on your skin! I do think it gives my skin some glow, and I like that it has a 35 SPF. I was actually going to buy the regular prep+prime primer, but one of the girls recommended this one. It keeps my combination skin matte, hides my pores, doesn't feel greasy nor breaks me out and my foundation stays on longer. Great buy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I picked this up when I was shopping for Matchmaster, an peachy/bronzy colour appeared to be a gel-like highlighter. On my NC 35-40 skin, it doesn't showed up at all. The SA claimed it works to even the skin & give a smooth glow (but isn't that what a fdn is for?)
I tried it out at home, on bare skin, over fdn on cheekbone. It doesn't show up at all.
Returned for refund.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Gizzyxx

Summary:
Meant to even out skintone and give a subtle radiant glow…
Thick consistency but applied nicely and didn’t break me out!
Has SPF in it!
Didn’t give any noticeable results or make my skin look any different – perhaps the effect is a little too subtle!?
Permanent (not limited edition)

30ml costs £21.50

Comes in 4 shades – Adjust (light neutral peach), Recharge (bronzy orange, Illuminate (pale lavender) and Neutralize(pale yellow).

From MAC website

“A tinted skin primer formulated with soft-focus powders to help even out skin tone and add radiance. Lightweight and invisible, it goes on under foundation or powder for a naturally perfect look and subtle glow. Helps protect against pollution and UV rays. Available in three tints: Illuminate adds radiance to a sallow complexion; Neutralize calms a red, blotchy complexion; and Adjust brightens dull skin. Fragrance free.”

I went into MAC and asked for a sample of this. The SA gave me Recharge and my skin tone is MAC NC35/40 – I am of light/medium olive skin tone. I applied after my moisturiser and before foundation. I applied it with my hands.

The consistency is quite thick but spreads easily over skin, its quite smooth and creamy. It didn’t react negatively with my liquid foundation which is MAC Pro Longwear, but then if it had done this would have surprised me as the products are both MAC and you would expect them to work well together.

If you were to buy this is comes in a dark tube and I think that once the product begins to run out it will be harder and harder to get the last bits of product out. Also, because its black its hard to tell how much is left in the tube. It is good that it’s a tube (just wish it was clear) and therefore more hygienic than dipping your fingers into a pot – I hate that more than anything!

Once it was applied it was invisible, which was good as Recharge is quite dark and I was really worried it would make me look like an oompa loompa! I was disappointed though - once I applied my foundation my skin looked exactly the same as it does without the enhancer. I carefully studied my face and no, it pretty much looked the same – no added radiance as promised or a subtle glow…. I am not sure how subtle the effect is meant to be but on me it was a little too subtle! Overall I saw no dramatic or even noticeable difference and that’s why I am not feeling the love for this!

I used it over a few days to see if I would break out from it and thankfully I didn’t. Due to its thick consistency this was of concern to me, and I have broken out horribly from some MAC skin products in the past but thankfully, I didn’t break out from this at all.

Perhaps you will get good results from this, or I might get better results from one of the other shades but for me, Recharge is a miss. Ask MAC for a sample before you buy….there is no way I am going to spend £21.50 on something when I cant see it having done anything for me.

Sorry MAC but this was a thumbs down from me!