September 1, 2014 | 2105 users online

Concealers - Tarte - Smooth Operator - Amazonian clay waterproof concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by TaylorSchriver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I ran out of this concealer I decided to purchase the MAC prolong wear. I'm a makeup junkie, so I'm always trying new things anyways. I do like the prolong wear, however, I've realized nothing I've tried so far has been as good as this Tarte one. It covers well, doesn't look cakey, and stays in place when set with a small amount of translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by hr6aw

This creamy concealer has perfect buildable coverage and blends great into my skin even when I'm not wearing any foundation or tinted moisturizer. The staying power is also excellent (8+ hours) even though my skin can get a little oily. I use it to cover blemishes and PIH but not under my eyes as the color isn't right for that. Mostly I use my fingers to blend the concealer in but I also use the elf concealer brush which I love. This little tube lasts about 4-5 months of everyday use for me, and I've already repurchased twice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

It works well as a concealer for other places besides under eyes (blemishes, hyper-pigmentation) but on me, failed as an under eye concealer = creased and when set w/ powder = too cakey. Glides on smoothly, no smell, cute packaging. I won't re-purchase because I already have a HG concealer and the hunt continues for my HG under eye concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Luciibabi

I love the formula its nice and creamy and I find it long lasting, it did crease a little under my eyes but some eye shadow primer fixed that. I also would like a thicker coverage, but its buildable so that doesn't bother me. I also love the packaging its so cute and portable . I usually apply it straight from the tube and blend it with a sponge and that works just fine. The price isn't bad considering its a decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer about three months ago. I switch between this one and the Kat Von D tattoo concealer. Surprisingly, i prefer the Tarte concealer. It doesn't crease and definitely doesn't look cakey. I think the stick form give the perfect amount of product when swiped. I dont really use this concealer to hide dark circles but you can build it up to full coverage. I use just a little to brighten my under eye area.
The only con i think of is that the product runs out quite fast. I have repurchased this twice already but i would buy it again and again because its worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the search for my HG concealer and sadly this isn't it. I thought for a while that the Tarte Maracuja creaseless concealer was my HG, but over time for that it was actually not great for my oily skin. It causes my mascara and eyeliner to smudge and transfer underneath my eyes. So I tried this one to see if it would be a better fit...and while it is better and I don't get as much smudging with it, I still get some of it within an hour or 2 of application. I am learning about the best options for oily skin and apparently creamy concealers (like this one and the Maracuja one) are not ideal for my skin types. The search continues. Still love tarte and what they are doing in the beauty industry!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by thubbard

I love Tarte stuff (cheek stain is AMAZING) but I felt like this didn't last and didn't have enough color options. It was too dark for my skin (got it in Light, and the Fair was too light) and would rub off if I touched my face on accident. I do love the twist up packaging, great for quick touch ups or when you're in a hurry in the morning. I would probably buy again if there was a color that matched my skin better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by iirissirii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This here is my go to spot concealer. I was lost in Sephora until an associate helped me look at every spot concealer, and I mean EVERY concealer! None were doing the trick until I came across this cute little purple thing. It's creamy, blendable, and stays put. Plus, the amazonian clay in it is really good for your skin (and if you're like me, it's good on your acne too). I use this product every day and it lasted me 3 months until I recently purchased another concealer stick. I am not sure about undereye concealing, but if you're like me and just want something to cover up your zits and little blemishes - it's so worth the $22.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by MissmeganA

I use concealer primarily for undereye circles and the occasional blemish.
I like the packaging of this. No brush needed.
I have oily skin and I was hoping since this was "waterproof" it would stay put. It doesn't! Yeah it's not waterproof. I would also say the coverage is light to medium. And for undereye circles it doesn't cover them that well. And it creases and gets chalky and makes me look old!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

My HG concealer. Perfect for blemishes, dark circles and redness. Buildable light/
medium coverage, can become full. Creamy consistency feels light on skin and doesn't break me out. Very versatile concealer, quick to apply on busy mornings. Beautiful sleek packaging. Love it.

Xoxo Wynter <3