Tarte Smooth Operator - Amazonian clay waterproof concealer

3.7

Squalane, polyethylene, kaolin, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, polyethylene/ dimethiconol copolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/ candelilla cera/ cire de candelilla, water/ aqua/ eau, silica, lecithin, glycerin, cholesteryl/ behenyl/ octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, silica dimethyl silylate, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, butylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, phenoxyethanol, mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289).

on 4/9/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very dry sensitive skin and found this to be one of the worst concealers I've ever used. The product contains a lot of wax and oils and melts off after a short while. No amount of primer or finishing powder could every make the concealer stay put for me. I also had a hard time with the colour-matching. I'm a MAC NC 20 and found the closest colour match was "Fair", which was still too light and a bit pink. I pitched out the concealer after giving it many tries. Won't be purchasing ever again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm very oily and acne ridden, and while this covered well, it wouldn't stay on my face! Even with primer and setting spray, this stuff slid and creased all over the place. REALLY disappointed after seeing so many great reviews.

on 2/23/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Let me start by saying that I love tarte products. I just don't love this concealer. I'm NC20 and got the light shade. It was a shade too light to cover any imperfections on my face. The other colors, however, were either too pink or too dark. (Light Medium Honey, Light Medium Beige, Medium). Basically, none of the shades really matched me. On top of that, the concealer didn't last very long on my combination skin. I just think for $22, it should cover more and last longer. Probably works best to cover under eye circles and not blemishes. I returned this the next day.

on 2/17/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this product. Not sure I can say it is HG status, but it is probably one of the best concealers, if not the best, I have ever tried. The reason I removed a star was because the most important claim to me is waterproof. I have very sensitive when I do my eye-makeup (liner, shadow, and mascara) my eyes get VERY watery, like I am crying... But only from one eye. This alone with every other concealer does not last through the "tears." It probably doesn't help that I have to constantly wipe that area after tears. This usually occurs only just after I apply makeup for about 30 minutes. Or and all day during allergy season. I do not believe when tarte made this concealer that is what they meant by waterproof. But to me it should last through that. However I still love it, the packaging, the formulation the way it looks on my skin, is just great! It is small which has 1 upside and 1 downside. Upside PERFECT to travel with. It fits in a tiny clutch, doesn't take much room when traveling and you don't want to bring a bunch of huge tubes or everything. Downside, goes down super fast! This stuff is so great it is now my go-to everyday concealer. This does hide bags fairly well, however the blue does peak through a little, as this is not a corrector it doesn't cancel out the product, which is why I recently ordered the tarte correct, so hopefully the duo will become my HG concealing and correcting duo! I do highly recommend this product, as I find it to be long lasting when I re-apply after all the "tears."

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this concealer in medium to hide hormonal breakouts and acne scarring, and it's the first I've used that doesn't make me break out more, nor dry out my skin. The coverage is close to full, and it is long-lasting and safe to wear on hot, humid days. It is pricey, but I don't mind spending more to support a quality brand and for a product that works; plus, I've been working on the same tube for months and I've barely made a dent.
As a note, I wouldn't recommend this for under eye use as the formula is a bit on the dry side.

on 1/31/2015 7:10:00 PM

Sadly, I had to return this. I use the Tarte clay foundation and blush and love them both. So this seemed like a natural compliment. I was so wrong. I broke out terribly wherever I applied it. And I knew it was from this because it was the only new product I introduced into my routine. I was breakout-free for almost two years until I tried the concealer. I was looking forward to this because I really like the packaging.

on 1/4/2015 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As my first ever concealer, this is pretty good. This is one that is more for blemishes and spots then under eyes because it is a drier formula. Even though it is winter, I don't notice much flaking with it whenever I use it which is nice and it applies pretty easily. I think it is because I don't have much experience with concealer but I don't get full coverage from this but I'm still working on it. It is build able for sure and I rarely ever get a cakey look from it. I've tried this around my nose to cover redness and it works okay. It does accentuate the flakes around my nose a bit but it isn't too major so I forget about it since as the day goes on the flakes don't really become anymore notice able. I have acne prone skin but I noticed that it doesn't cause me to get super oily or cause break outs which is a huge plus to me.
You get a lot of product with this which is very nice and I see it lasting a couple more months, I use this around 5 to 6 days out of the week and you don't need to much to cover spots. But I'm on the fence about repurchasing this. It isn't a bad product at all, I want to try other concealers after this one because I'm not exactly sold on it. I just think there is a better concealer out there for my skin needs. I do recommend this is if you are looking for a new concealer and want something that isn't super oily and won't slip around on your face. It is $22 but the tube does last you quiet a while since there is a good amount of product. Just be careful if you want to use it on your under eyes because it can be super drying.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for a good concealer. I was using the Lancome, but it just dd not have the coverage. It is the highest rated Lancome, sorry should know name. :) In any event, I really like this stuff. I took a photograph and it really came out well with this concealer. Unless I find something much better, I will buy again, similar to Hourglass.

on 12/5/2014 11:06:00 PM

Not really an undereye concealer imo- more for spots/blemishes. My skin is oily, pretty sensitive, and neutral/cool-undertoned. I have a few (or a little more than a few) pimples/blemishes to cover, and this product is PERFECT for me. My shade is light-medium beige or something, and it's a great match. The formula is not too oily at all. The coverage is great. I LOVE the product. HG concealer (and I've tried lots). :))))

on 11/19/2014 3:44:00 PM

Love this concealer - perfect for covering up pimples & blemishes. Smooth & creamy but not too much for my oily skin. Great coverage. I would definitely repurchase (unless I find something better)