April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Concealers - Tarte - Smooth Operator - Amazonian clay waterproof concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer about three months ago. I switch between this one and the Kat Von D tattoo concealer. Surprisingly, i prefer the Tarte concealer. It doesn't crease and definitely doesn't look cakey. I think the stick form give the perfect amount of product when swiped. I dont really use this concealer to hide dark circles but you can build it up to full coverage. I use just a little to brighten my under eye area.
The only con i think of is that the product runs out quite fast. I have repurchased this twice already but i would buy it again and again because its worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the search for my HG concealer and sadly this isn't it. I thought for a while that the Tarte Maracuja creaseless concealer was my HG, but over time for that it was actually not great for my oily skin. It causes my mascara and eyeliner to smudge and transfer underneath my eyes. So I tried this one to see if it would be a better fit...and while it is better and I don't get as much smudging with it, I still get some of it within an hour or 2 of application. I am learning about the best options for oily skin and apparently creamy concealers (like this one and the Maracuja one) are not ideal for my skin types. The search continues. Still love tarte and what they are doing in the beauty industry!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by thubbard

I love Tarte stuff (cheek stain is AMAZING) but I felt like this didn't last and didn't have enough color options. It was too dark for my skin (got it in Light, and the Fair was too light) and would rub off if I touched my face on accident. I do love the twist up packaging, great for quick touch ups or when you're in a hurry in the morning. I would probably buy again if there was a color that matched my skin better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by iirissirii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This here is my go to spot concealer. I was lost in Sephora until an associate helped me look at every spot concealer, and I mean EVERY concealer! None were doing the trick until I came across this cute little purple thing. It's creamy, blendable, and stays put. Plus, the amazonian clay in it is really good for your skin (and if you're like me, it's good on your acne too). I use this product every day and it lasted me 3 months until I recently purchased another concealer stick. I am not sure about undereye concealing, but if you're like me and just want something to cover up your zits and little blemishes - it's so worth the $22.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by MissmeganA

I use concealer primarily for undereye circles and the occasional blemish.
I like the packaging of this. No brush needed.
I have oily skin and I was hoping since this was "waterproof" it would stay put. It doesn't! Yeah it's not waterproof. I would also say the coverage is light to medium. And for undereye circles it doesn't cover them that well. And it creases and gets chalky and makes me look old!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

My HG concealer. Perfect for blemishes, dark circles and redness. Buildable light/
medium coverage, can become full. Creamy consistency feels light on skin and doesn't break me out. Very versatile concealer, quick to apply on busy mornings. Beautiful sleek packaging. Love it.

Xoxo Wynter <3

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the coverage is nice but unfortunately I lost my receipt and the color is too dark for me. Maybe I'll hold on to it and try it again in the summer when My complexion is darker. It feels creamy and doesn't seem to be cakey or drying like a lot of concealers. I think if the color was a match I would really enjoy this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings towards this concealer, which is a shame because I really wanted to love this. I applied it under my eyes and it does not cover my dark circles at all, it creases after not too long after application and looks cakey with a light setting powder. as well as it did little to no effort at all to covering my acne and acne scars. Ugh. On the other hand, I love the colour match and how creamy and blend able it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing on this concealer, it's just not for me. Sad that I spent a lot of money on this just to be disappointed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I was a little skeptical of this concealer in the beginning, but I have discovered that the best method for application is with a small lipstick brush and to blend thoroughly. I use this mostly under my eyes. I have tried once or twice to use it to cover up marks on my face, but I find that the Tarte Maracuja Concealer is much more effective in this regard. As this concealer is creamy, it does not really cling to fine lines and make my face look crepey. I have been using this regularly as a result. I am very pleased with this purchase and will repurchase when I run out of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by JayLeigh32

It is a fairly pricey concealer but it is worth what you are spending. I have had difficulty finding a concealer that I like but lately I have really been enjoying this one. It comes in a cute package, like a lipstick, and it is easy to throw in your purse and carry around. There is a good variety of shades so you can find one that suits your skin tone easily and I don't find that it cakes on my skin. It's not perfect but I do believe that it works nicely.