January 25, 2015 | 1055 users online

Concealers - Tarte - Smooth Operator - Amazonian clay waterproof concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2015 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As my first ever concealer, this is pretty good. This is one that is more for blemishes and spots then under eyes because it is a drier formula. Even though it is winter, I don't notice much flaking with it whenever I use it which is nice and it applies pretty easily. I think it is because I don't have much experience with concealer but I don't get full coverage from this but I'm still working on it. It is build able for sure and I rarely ever get a cakey look from it. I've tried this around my nose to cover redness and it works okay. It does accentuate the flakes around my nose a bit but it isn't too major so I forget about it since as the day goes on the flakes don't really become anymore notice able. I have acne prone skin but I noticed that it doesn't cause me to get super oily or cause break outs which is a huge plus to me.
You get a lot of product with this which is very nice and I see it lasting a couple more months, I use this around 5 to 6 days out of the week and you don't need to much to cover spots. But I'm on the fence about repurchasing this. It isn't a bad product at all, I want to try other concealers after this one because I'm not exactly sold on it. I just think there is a better concealer out there for my skin needs. I do recommend this is if you are looking for a new concealer and want something that isn't super oily and won't slip around on your face. It is $22 but the tube does last you quiet a while since there is a good amount of product. Just be careful if you want to use it on your under eyes because it can be super drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good concealer. I was using the Lancome, but it just dd not have the coverage. It is the highest rated Lancome, sorry should know name. :) In any event, I really like this stuff. I took a photograph and it really came out well with this concealer. Unless I find something much better, I will buy again, similar to Hourglass.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by luvhydration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not really an undereye concealer imo- more for spots/blemishes. My skin is oily, pretty sensitive, and neutral/cool-undertoned. I have a few (or a little more than a few) pimples/blemishes to cover, and this product is PERFECT for me. My shade is light-medium beige or something, and it's a great match. The formula is not too oily at all. The coverage is great. I LOVE the product. HG concealer (and I've tried lots). :))))

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by julia19ae

Love this concealer - perfect for covering up pimples & blemishes. Smooth & creamy but not too much for my oily skin. Great coverage. I would definitely repurchase (unless I find something better)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by bumblehum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Repurchased this product to conceal my undereye dark circles. It glides on smoothly and easily blend-able. It works like a gem when i use the maracuja creaseless concealer under it. Only qualm i have is the price. Overall, i would definitely repurchase and consider it my HG under eye concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by TaylorSchriver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I ran out of this concealer I decided to purchase the MAC prolong wear. I'm a makeup junkie, so I'm always trying new things anyways. I do like the prolong wear, however, I've realized nothing I've tried so far has been as good as this Tarte one. It covers well, doesn't look cakey, and stays in place when set with a small amount of translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by hr6aw

This creamy concealer has perfect buildable coverage and blends great into my skin even when I'm not wearing any foundation or tinted moisturizer. The staying power is also excellent (8+ hours) even though my skin can get a little oily. I use it to cover blemishes and PIH but not under my eyes as the color isn't right for that. Mostly I use my fingers to blend the concealer in but I also use the elf concealer brush which I love. This little tube lasts about 4-5 months of everyday use for me, and I've already repurchased twice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

It works well as a concealer for other places besides under eyes (blemishes, hyper-pigmentation) but on me, failed as an under eye concealer = creased and when set w/ powder = too cakey. Glides on smoothly, no smell, cute packaging. I won't re-purchase because I already have a HG concealer and the hunt continues for my HG under eye concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Luciibabi

I love the formula its nice and creamy and I find it long lasting, it did crease a little under my eyes but some eye shadow primer fixed that. I also would like a thicker coverage, but its buildable so that doesn't bother me. I also love the packaging its so cute and portable . I usually apply it straight from the tube and blend it with a sponge and that works just fine. The price isn't bad considering its a decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer about three months ago. I switch between this one and the Kat Von D tattoo concealer. Surprisingly, i prefer the Tarte concealer. It doesn't crease and definitely doesn't look cakey. I think the stick form give the perfect amount of product when swiped. I dont really use this concealer to hide dark circles but you can build it up to full coverage. I use just a little to brighten my under eye area.
The only con i think of is that the product runs out quite fast. I have repurchased this twice already but i would buy it again and again because its worth the price.