December 18, 2014 | 1622 users online

Concealers - Tarte - Smooth Operator - Amazonian clay waterproof concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good concealer. I was using the Lancome, but it just dd not have the coverage. It is the highest rated Lancome, sorry should know name. :) In any event, I really like this stuff. I took a photograph and it really came out well with this concealer. Unless I find something much better, I will buy again, similar to Hourglass.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by luvhydration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not really an undereye concealer imo- more for spots/blemishes. My skin is oily, pretty sensitive, and neutral/cool-undertoned. I have a few (or a little more than a few) pimples/blemishes to cover, and this product is PERFECT for me. My shade is light-medium beige or something, and it's a great match. The formula is not too oily at all. The coverage is great. I LOVE the product. HG concealer (and I've tried lots). :))))

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by julia19ae

Love this concealer - perfect for covering up pimples & blemishes. Smooth & creamy but not too much for my oily skin. Great coverage. I would definitely repurchase (unless I find something better)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by bumblehum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Repurchased this product to conceal my undereye dark circles. It glides on smoothly and easily blend-able. It works like a gem when i use the maracuja creaseless concealer under it. Only qualm i have is the price. Overall, i would definitely repurchase and consider it my HG under eye concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by TaylorSchriver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After I ran out of this concealer I decided to purchase the MAC prolong wear. I'm a makeup junkie, so I'm always trying new things anyways. I do like the prolong wear, however, I've realized nothing I've tried so far has been as good as this Tarte one. It covers well, doesn't look cakey, and stays in place when set with a small amount of translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by hr6aw

This creamy concealer has perfect buildable coverage and blends great into my skin even when I'm not wearing any foundation or tinted moisturizer. The staying power is also excellent (8+ hours) even though my skin can get a little oily. I use it to cover blemishes and PIH but not under my eyes as the color isn't right for that. Mostly I use my fingers to blend the concealer in but I also use the elf concealer brush which I love. This little tube lasts about 4-5 months of everyday use for me, and I've already repurchased twice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

It works well as a concealer for other places besides under eyes (blemishes, hyper-pigmentation) but on me, failed as an under eye concealer = creased and when set w/ powder = too cakey. Glides on smoothly, no smell, cute packaging. I won't re-purchase because I already have a HG concealer and the hunt continues for my HG under eye concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Luciibabi

I love the formula its nice and creamy and I find it long lasting, it did crease a little under my eyes but some eye shadow primer fixed that. I also would like a thicker coverage, but its buildable so that doesn't bother me. I also love the packaging its so cute and portable . I usually apply it straight from the tube and blend it with a sponge and that works just fine. The price isn't bad considering its a decent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer about three months ago. I switch between this one and the Kat Von D tattoo concealer. Surprisingly, i prefer the Tarte concealer. It doesn't crease and definitely doesn't look cakey. I think the stick form give the perfect amount of product when swiped. I dont really use this concealer to hide dark circles but you can build it up to full coverage. I use just a little to brighten my under eye area.
The only con i think of is that the product runs out quite fast. I have repurchased this twice already but i would buy it again and again because its worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the search for my HG concealer and sadly this isn't it. I thought for a while that the Tarte Maracuja creaseless concealer was my HG, but over time for that it was actually not great for my oily skin. It causes my mascara and eyeliner to smudge and transfer underneath my eyes. So I tried this one to see if it would be a better fit...and while it is better and I don't get as much smudging with it, I still get some of it within an hour or 2 of application. I am learning about the best options for oily skin and apparently creamy concealers (like this one and the Maracuja one) are not ideal for my skin types. The search continues. Still love tarte and what they are doing in the beauty industry!