April 18, 2014 | 1962 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Jordana mascara works very well with my lashes. There is very little clumping, smells pleasant, elongates my lashes, and the price is very inexpensive. Next time, I want to try out Jordana volumizing mascara.

Edit: Lately, I have noticed my lashes after applying Jordana mascara aren't looking too long :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I read the reviews on this, I never would have bought this mascara as a plain black mascara. But I'm always looking for a blue, especially an electric, eye-popping blue mascara. So when I saw this at my local dollar store in that color, I figured for a buck, I would try it. Using it as a regular mascara, the reviews are absolutely correct. It does not lengthen my lashes. It does not darken them at all. After all, I purchased the electric blue, so the color will be just that, an eye-popping bright blue.
It's a wet mascara also, so the consistency is one that must be used with care. It comes out of the tube very, very wet, so when I apply it, I have to be extra careful, or I will have very clumpy, spider-like lashes.
So using it as a regular mascara, I can't even say I would repurchase it. Trying to get it to make my lashes to stand out as a blue color was near to impossible using it on its own. Using other mascaras first, then applying this over them didn't work either. The blue just didn't show up.
I didn't have any flaking or smudging with it, which was great. Removal is super easy with eye makeup remover, or an OCM.
However....
recently, I bought some fiber powders from Essence that are used with a wand that you put on after you apply a coat of any of your regular mascaras. I decided to try this mascara with the fiber powders. And bingo! This mascara became the eye-popping blue mascara that I wanted after all. That's what it needed. It just required the strength of fibers in it to build it up. Of course, that's adding another product to it, and that delineates from the original product review.
So, if you're looking for a blue mascara that will make your lashes look blue on its own, this mascara will not do it. If you're looking for a mascara to make your lashes just look natural, a little more defined, this will do it. It's not a mascara to volumize, to lengthen, to give your lashes more oomph at all. You have to work with it. I had to use a comb to make my lashes less spidery, also.
Will I repurchase? For a little over a buck, maybe. Only because I know I can use it with my fibers for a completely different look, but that's adding another product to it and additional cost. The choice is yours. I really do like the electric blue color tho. It's a bright, bright blue that's great for the summer weather.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Pekoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Possibly the most boring mascara ever. It makes my eyelashes black... and that's about it. I'm almost done with my second tube and I have never noticed any significant changes in the length, volume, or curl. of my lashes. And yes, it does flake a bit.

Only buy this if you're in need of something very cheap to use temporarily.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by MeganHeartsMakeup13

I bought this mascara in 01 black. It really is worth it for $1.50 ... This mascara does not clump or make my lashes stick together. It defined my lashes , so it isn't really that bad. Would I buy this product again? Yes , only as a backup mascara tho ... I wouldn't rlly use this everyday , just on some days when I want to go for a natural look. :)) The packaging , it's kind of plain. But what do you expect for a mascara that's $1.50 right?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Indrawn

This is a review for the Jordana clear mascara. It comes in 01 Black, 03 Brown, 15 Electric Blue and 25 Clear (Brow Set). I've used it as both a masara and a brow gel.

MASCARA:
* THICKENING & LENGTHENING - This thickened/darkened my lashes slightly. Didn't expect any length and didn't get any.

* SEPARATION - Pretty decent, I do find that the formula is a bit thick. However this clear mascara does NOT have the same texture/consistency as a regular mascara, it feels more like a liquid than a glue (for lack of a better comparison). So it's pretty easy to just comb out the excess or wipe it off.

* CURL HOLDING - Bad! It took the curl right out of my lashes and weighed them down.

* OTHER - Packaging seemed pretty tacky. You can't completely get the stickers/packaging/glue off so it leaves that sticky imprint.

* VERDICT - I feel this didn't really do much for me, except wet and uncurl my lashes. However my sister likes to use it as a base for a black mascara. I think you can get the same effect as this mascara with some Vaseline.

BROW GEL:
* PROS
- Very good consistency - you always get the right amount on, and it dries naturally and comfortably.

* CONS
- Average hold, but is nothing in comparison to the new Prestige My Brow Mascara brow fixing gel. After I use that my brows do NOT budge. Never using Jordana again!
- Doesn't last all day.

- - -
PRICE [2] | PACKAGING [2] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by calida123

I bought this for $1.50 USD at Daiso. This mascara isn't really a true black even, it seems blue tinted. It also doesn't do much for volume or length, and took the curl out of my lashes!! <.< This is the only mascara I bought that has done this. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 4:17:00 PM More reviews by meganslove4ocean

well i like this for a clear mascara, but u know i do like cover girls better, but for a buck what can you expect? mine doesnt flake, i use clear because i dont need to use black or dark brown mascara every day, just want em to look like they've got some thing on them, cuz i dont need the color, its already there. id probley try a better brand after this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2003 11:06:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the clear mascara. It's a big tube and only cost $1. It did get cloudy after a while but that doesn't bother me. Works great on my eyebrows and ok on my lashes. Since most clear mascaras are the same, I would buy this again because it is cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mle35794

I bought a tube of this in clear back in January, and have been using it practically every day since. I have naturally long, dark lashes so I didn't want to use an actual shade for everyday wear. So I just sweep it on my lashes to get excess e/s off and to keep my brows in place.

It is a *decent* product, not great, just decent. Often it doesn't seperate my lashes as well as I would like and it has a tendency to flake. I'm sure that there's better stuff out there. I'll probably buy another brand when I run out or get sick of it (which will probably be pretty soon), but if I'm desperate maybe I'll give it a go again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2003 7:10:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My local dollar store carries this line so I decided to give this a try. It doesn't really do much for my lashes. It darkens them slightly but nothing more. Also, it seemed to flake on me after a few hours. I wouldn't buy this again.