TheFACEShop Power Perfection BB Cream

3.7

on 2/10/2015 7:52:00 PM

I have a very pale complexion and dry, redness prone skin. I have been using a full coverage foundation (Revlon Colorstay) layered over sunscreen (Benefit Dream Screen), and a neutralizing primer (BareMinerals Prime Time) to cover my redness. Needless to say, I needed to simplify my routine. I've been attracted to the idea of BB creams ever since they gained attention in the US, but I've read enough bad reviews and seen how most US formulas tend to be either orange in tone, or have little to no coverage. Then I started researching the Korean brands, but they were all so hard to find in stores, and I hated the idea of wasting $20 buying one on Ebay only to hate it. When I found out that The Face Shop has a location only 10 minutes from me, I had to try it. It feels amazing on my skin, matches my skin tone PERFECTLY, and covers my redness even better than my prior routine. When it first goes on, it feels a little greasy and I worried that it would leave my skin too dewy, but once it settles, it has only a slightly dewy finish. I set my nose, forehead, and chin with NYX HD Finishing Powder and I'm done. My skin is glowing and just enough pink shines through in my cheeks. Wish I had found this product years ago!

In store, I paid $20 for the small size, and the large size was listed at $39. I like the pump packaging for hygiene, but it does take a couple of pumps each time to get the product to dispense. Not a big issue. For the price, I am so happy with the product. I will definitely be tossing my foundation and sticking with this BB cream.

on 1/21/2015 10:44:00 PM

I absoutely love this! Before I got this i was using the foundation Make up forever hd which is a great foundation the downside it that it waa $50 and no spf, with this product i got it for like $20 ~ because it was $25 plus 25% off and it has spf 37. this foundation isnt heavy, its light and radiant just like what the packaging describes. I am probably not going back to my previous foundation

on 1/5/2015 10:26:00 PM

Fantastic BB Cream , gives great (but light feeling) coverage. I do find the price a bit steep in comparison to how affordable most of their products are , however all in all it's worth the buy if you want to spend. Also, the fact it has an SPF higher than 15 is a huge bonus!

If your having troubles with an oily, patchy face at the end of the day I highly recommend this BB cream! I don't think I have ever had to touch up on powder or concealer when im wearing this BB cream because of the thick like consistantsy, but don't feel turned off by the coverage. You can have a light, low coverage layer if you blend it out well or you can build it up for a higher, denser coverage. It gives such a natural look and ticks all my boxes when im looking for a foundation but a bonus as its a BB cream and is a lot nicer for all skin types! Buying it from the shop is quit expensive but I buy it online on ebay from Korea and I have saved some bucks to which I can buy more! Love, love, love and recommend for everyone!

on 12/1/2014 8:32:00 PM

This is my number one go to BB cream. I'm still experimenting with BB cream till this day (unfortunately CC cream is a no go since their brand of CC cream made me break out) and if the BB cream I am trying out doesn't work, I'll go back to this. The reason why I am "Still experimenting" is because the price seems to be going up and up (when I first bought this product it was maybe around $20~$30 something I could have afforded) but now it's on the lines of $39 or $42 and i think that's ridiculous especially if they're going to keep scribbling off the original price and adding a new high price with a sharpie.

I love that it is a pump (more sanitary). I have combination oily skin with some scars from blemishes, some small "craters" and sun spots along my inner cheeks. A pea size drop for both cheeks, a drop for my forehead, a drop for my under eyes and eye lids and a drop for my chin, the part between your upper lip and nose, and nose gives the perfect coverage (I like the "natural" look, I hate seeing my face caked on with product). The coverage is so good I can go over blemishes with a small amount as concealer.

Because of how I use the product you might think "spending ~$40 shouldn't be a problem since you don't use much". Well, I feel like there are a lot of other BB creams out there with just as much coverage that is cheaper.

But once again, I will keep buying this product again until I find an alternative.

on 10/26/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This bb cream has very good coverage. It is kind of thick like a foundation.. cant say its worth the high price tag especially since it settles into any creases you may have

on 9/2/2014 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Got about 3 days worth of samples in this, used it for those three days and fell in love with the good yet natural looking coverage). It definitely is very shiny but after setting it with a matte powder it's perfect. Wore all day for me and looked awesome. I would cleanse each evening after wearing it and it seemed to come off easily. UNFORTUNATELY after those three days I had a terrible breakout (and I'm not usually one to get acne except for the odd pimple here and there). Very unfortunate :( otherwise loved this BB cream.

on 8/25/2014 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Absolutely amazing! After reading some reviews on this, people tend to not like the price. Yes, the price for the largest size is in the high thirties, and it did create some issues for my wallet. But I really did get what I paid for. The packaging is great, it comes with a pump so it keeps things pretty clean. The biggest size may not be the most travel friendly, but the BB cream itself makes up for it. To be honest, I love love LOVE this product. It has really nice coverage, it covered up all my hyper pigmentation from past acne. The finish is lovely for me too. It's so dewy and glowy, it really makes you look like you have really healthy skin like Korean celebrities do. It's very natural looking, people wouldn't be able to see that you have makeup on unless they go up really close. I have combination skin, and it did get a bit oily in my t-zone even with powder, but this stuff still managed to stay on throughout the day. I find I get the best results when I apply the product with my hands and melt it into my skin, and dust powder on my t-zone. Will definitely repurchase!!

on 7/25/2014 4:43:00 AM

I've been finished with my third bottle and find it is bb cream with the best coverage I've ever used. It's quite thick when I apply it with hand, but then I use a sponge to make it more natural in my face.

on 7/11/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried BB creams from various brands but the best ones are usually the Korean BB creams. I think it's because BB creams originated in Korea so somehow they've mastered the product. The Faceshop's Power Perfection is amazing. Been using it for over a week now, and my skin is still clear from breaking out. My skin is oily and and a bit easy to clog, but this BB cream is light with very good coverage. It's a bit pricey but still less expensive than american brands and it's better. Plus my face doesn't seem so oily at the end of the day, unlike when I used Etude's (Korean Brand) bb cream.