October 25, 2014 | 1732 users online

Moisturizers - Sibu-Repair and Protect Daytime Facial Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by CreativeCaribbean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Makes skin oh so soft! But breaks me out pretty randomly in random spots and it's so annoying! It helps with scarring and does moisturize, but causes annoying breakouts all over cheeks and temples for me. So sad! I didn't want to believe it was this, but it is!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm over halfway through my bottle, so I guess it's time to review! I was apprehensive to purchase this because it was $20. I don't like to spend so much money on one little thing, but I figured if I hated it, I would just return it to GNC. Also, you can find it a lot cheaper on the internet, so I'll remember that for future purchases. Anyway, onto the actual review. This moisturizer is very light and smells like orange rinds. I like oranges, so it's a pleasant smell to me. It absorbs very quickly and isn't shiny at all. I wish it were a bit more moisturizing. I usually have to add a drop or 2 of oil (kukui or jojoba, usually) and it feels better. I have really fragile, rosacea-prone skin and this lotion doesn't cause any problems at all. It doesn't CURE my symptoms, but it doesn't cause any either. It's nice to have something I can rely on for a bit of moisture. I will probably repurchase at some point, but like I said, it's not a miracle product or anything. I'm more anxious to try the SIBU sea buckthorn oil all by itself, so I'll probably do that before I buy more of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the Sibu clarifying toner and I LOVED IT. I use it after washing my face instead of using moisturizer. Leaves my face smooth and comfortable. I was contemplating buying this too, but this ingredients are worrisome for people that have acne-prone skin : Cetearyl Alcohol, Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Shea butter. Those 3 could cause problems so Im not going to touch it! The toner is amazing though. If you are oily and acne prone you can use it to replace moisturizer at night, and in the morning under your sunblock.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I love this moisturizer or should I say my picky skin loves it! I have a problem with sensitivity/redness and this totally calms the redness down. It wears great under foundation and does not make it oxidize which some oils and moisturizers do to me. It hydrates nicely and I hope I can still use this in the winter when my skin gets drier/ more dehydrated. You can't beat the price for this, either and the ingredient list is pretty clean, too. Planning on repurchasing this and more of Sibu's products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample packet of this and then decided to buy the full size. I really like everything about it, the citrus scent, the seabuckthorn oil, the packaging and how lightweight yet effective it is. my skin is sensitive so lots of products break me out or irritate me, but this has worked so well. I dont usually moisturize during the day, just at night, so i dont use this daytime formula daily as it is lightweight and not super hydrating for night. If you want a lightweight yet effective daytime lotion, this is super. And it does work overnight, it just wont be a super hydrating treatment for dry skin. I may try the nighttime one, but I chose this because i like the pump bottle better then a tub.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by karola5

Everything about this moisturizer is perfect - it's natural, lightweight but hydrating, great under makeup, the prize, the fresh citrucy smell.
Except one thing.
It clogs my pores soooo bad. Every morning I wake up with an army of black dots on my nose and to be honest they are really annoying and hard to get rid of...
So i will repuchase only when they remove the troublesome ingredient...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after Michelle1218's constant raves on YT. I really trust her opinions. It feels great and It lightened up my acne cars within 3 uses dramatically. Buttttt! It really clogged my pores and made me have really bad white heads in areas I never knew I could even have them!! I'm so sad! I really wanted this to be my favorite moisturizer EVER. I tried it for 3-4 days and when I noticed the white heads I stopped and began treating them appropriately. Two weeks later I tried it out for another 3-4 days and the white heads returned :(. Then I tried using it as a "spot treatment" to brighten up my acne scars and nope! Just more white heads :( I guess it just isn't for me.

I really liked the packaging (glass bottle with a pump) and while I don't enjoy citrus scents I was okay with this one.

Feel bad to be the first one to put this moisturizer down :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my second bottle...both times, i got it for myself but it ended up going to my husband. the first time i tried it was 2 winters ago and i felt like it didn't moisturize my skin enough and so i gave it to my husband and he used it up. i purchased it again few months ago on amazon because it was such a good deal and thought it would be good for summer moiturizer...this time i didnt care for the smell, i gave it to my husband again and this time he had commented that he really likes it. so i think i will continue to get this for him.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Michelle1828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I can't rave about this product enough. I use this every morning after the cleanser and before i put on my makeup, I absolutely love it. Helps keep my face moisturized but doesn't leave it feeling oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by oceanview08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have recently started using this product and love it:) I would say I have normal skin, maybe a little dry at times. This moisturizer is very light weight, so if you have extremely dry skin, you may find this to light. It absorbs very quickly into the skin, which I love! Will continue to use this and incorporate other products from the line as well... Will update if anything changes!!