September 18, 2014 | 1374 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Galatéis Douceur

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by crystalbluex

This has become my daily cleanser which I use twice a day. Wipes off any excess makeup which my makeup remover didn't pick up, leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean. Has a lovely smell too and never fails to wipe off any excess dirt on my skin. Only down-side is that you can't see how much is left as the bottle is white. Very handy that it's tissue off (can use a cotton pad) and don't need to wash off, makes it easier to use when in a rush.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by lu85

An incredibly disappointing product. I found that when I remove the product with a cotton make up removal pad as directed, it doesn't even remove my tinted moisturizer properly, let alone my foundation. It's slightly more effective when rinsed off with water, however I definitely will not be purchasing this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My favorite cleansing lotion! I don't use this every day, only on days that I wear BB cream, TM or foundation. Works like a charm! Cleans very well, doesn't dry the skin but also isn't too greasy. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I visited the Lancome counter at Myer as I was looking for a new skin care routine. I enjoyed my previous purchases but couldn't justify forking out for my beloved Chanel again. I've tried all of the following over the years: Estee Lauder, Clinique, Shiseido, Chanel as well as a number of lower end brands and nothing has made my skin feel like this one.
Pros:
Fluid that smoothes on well and doesn't leave that astringent feeling to the skin (I'm looking at you Clinique)
Wipes off easily with a tissue
My skin feels soft and smooth after use and I don't feel any greasy residue left behind.
Light pleasant fragrance
Removes make up from the skin (I usually cleanse twice to remove a full face of make up and still use a separate eye make up remover)

Cons:
More expensive than drugstore brands and some higher end brands, but nowhere near the most expensive

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review if for the Galateis Visage et Yeaux Fluid Cleanser with Cornflower Extract for All Skin Types. I believe this is now discontinued, or only available overseas, but this stuff is amazing!
I have had and used it since 1997 and I bought it from the Bay. My skin is combination dehydrated; I have about one or two small monthly pimples. This fluid cleanser feels good and organic on your skin. It is desensitizing, calming and softening without stripping your skin, but still managing to remove makeup effectively. I have always used a separate eyemakeup remover but this does the job as well. I still have a quarter bottle of my 400ml left because I loved it so much, I wanted to 'save it'. The next time I go to Europe, I will look for its equivalent. A wonderful product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Mop000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for 4+ years. I buy the huge bottles and they last well. My skin is impossible and this is the ONLY product in the last few years I have not only finished but continually re-purchased. Very occasionally I get bored and try another cleanser and regret it bitterly! I have extremely dehydrated, sensitive skin. I implore everyone to buy this so they never discontinue it!!

This cleanser smells really old lady-ish I have to say. Don't let that put you off. I really wasn't convinced about it at first - I thought it was pretty boring and wasn't going to do much - but I persisted and am so pleased I did. Ignore the instructions to tissue off and rinse it off instead. It works very well removed with a washcloth or just by splashing your face - it's quite thin and rinses off like a cleansing oil does. It has worked absolute wonders on my nightmare skin. It also does a good job of removing waterproof eye make up because of the mineral oil. The ingredients list is a bit off-putting as it's not exactly au naturel but who cares it works and I find it incredibly difficult to find things that do! I have tried pretty much every type of cleanser under the sun: super-expensive/natural/off-the-shelf Boots/home-made.........the list goes on.....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry/combo skin at the moment and love this cleanser. It doesn't dry the skin out or leave that tight feeling. It took me a while to get used to swapping back to a cleansing milk rather than a foaming cleanser which I used to use when I had oilier skin. It smells and feels very luxurious.
This cleanser is not a hardcore make-up remover so if you use a lot of cosmetics you will probably need to use a good make-up wipe or proper makeup remover before cleansing with this milk.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by anity

Mum and I have been using this product for years. I really like the gentleness it leaves after wash. The only down side is that I have to wash my face twice at night to completely remove the make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by WEEMISSY

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to say I always seem to go back to this cleanser, I enjoy using it and it feels fresh on my skin. The smell is very relaxing and I feel it softens my skin when using it. I dont think it is pricy for what it is, drugstore cleansers just dont do the same job in my opinion. I like the pump bottle it is very sanitary and the lid aso comes off should you wish to get to the bottom of the bottle also.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this after having a mini make over at the Lancome counter.
The girl took off my existing make up to try a new foundation on & the only product that she used which wowed me was the cleanser she used - it smells sublime - fruity and feels creamy and gentle on my face.
It leaves my combo skin feeling very soft and fresh. It doesn leave a bit of excess even after tsissuing off though so unless you're using this in the shower you will need a toner as well. Personally i didnt get the toner to go with becasue I think rose water spray does the smae and is alot cheaper.
All in all a beautiful quality cleanser which is worth the money and really has made a difference to my skin.