October 2, 2014 | 1457 users online

Lip Treatments - Clinique - Superbalm Lip Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has to be the thickest "liquid" lip balm ever. It melts on your lips though and goes glossy. No smell, no taste, and I have had cracked, peeling lips for 9 years!! and for the first time they are actually soft and beginning to repair themselves. I have been using this for about 3 days, and I apply once a day. And I have noticed it actually plumps up your lips making them slightly bigger/juicier, very nice! Shame about the price though because i feel like I'm slightly scared to use it because you're eating/drinking during the day it's going to come off and I don't want to reapply 5 times a day! It's too expensive for that

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I had purchased 3 tints in these (Curarnt, Raspberry, and Black Honey). I purchased them because I wanted ease of application i.e. apply without a mirror. It is a nice consistency - not too sticky. It feels very pleasant on the lips and keeps my lips hydrated. The colours Currant and Raspberry are my favourite while Black Honey looked awful (the lipstick version is much better).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Superbalm is an overpriced petroleum jelly (Vaseline). It has all the strengths you would find in a petroleum jelly product, such as a bit of moisture and a shiny look. There is nothing extra that makes it worth the price. It's nothing special and I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this stuff at first - it's a little glossier than a balm, and I really liked that. But I found that after using it daily for a month or so it started drying my lips out to the point that I stopped using it. Meanwhile, thinking I'd found my HG daily balm, I'd bought some dupes. Boo boooo... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

"A new staple in my routine!"

for about a year I've been using alba coconut cream lip balm but I rain out and I saw this at macy's and got a free sample while doing some Christmas shopping. I am glad I did because I LOVE THIS! I also use this as an "overnight lip treatment" and love the way its leave my lips the morning after. in the morning, I apply this a second time right before I leave because its a little pricy ill most likely keep buying the cheaper coconut cream lip balm by alba to use throughout the day. if my lips are really chapped and dry i take it with my for a whole days use. I highly recommend this its VERY hydrating and never gives you that gritty feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by pollym88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have struggled for many years with chapped lips - as soon as the cold weather hits I am stuck with painful, bleeding, dry lips that only improve when summer comes round again.

I tried petroleum jelly, lanolin-containing treatments, chapsticks, all to no avail. I bought this thinking it would be the same as all the others, but I have been extremely pleasantly surprised. From now on this will be my lip treatment of choice.

It is amazing stuff - I put it on at night and the next morning my lips are soft and smooth. It really does solve the dryness and peeling, and I can't recommend it enough.

The texture is slightly more dense than other balms but this is why it works. Is is not like a sticky gloss (more like a thick balm) but it has a good shine. It is meant to be used as a treatment rather than an everyday gloss or balm, but to be honest I feel like every time I apply it I am doing something good for my lips.

It's slightly pricey but totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by justindelrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this balm. I use it at night and by morning my lips are renewed!! Clinique did a great job with tis product. The only complaint is that you still feel a little residue when you wake up but it's still worth it. Makes your lips feel hydrated & plump. :) it's a little pricey for a small tube but it lasts for a long time. I've tried other lip balm treatments & always come back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Angelfirstia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this balm and clinique's lipstick. My lip is super sensitive and easy to get allergic. i have tried many lip treatments before and those make my lips get allergic. unlike others, it doesn't ruin my lip. this is my HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pricey little lipbalm! That said, for someone who rarely had chapped lips and just wanted a conditioning lip treatment to slather on at night, this was perfection. Now I am on some medication for my acne, my lips are crazy super dry, and this just doesn't do the trick. But if you don't notice anything particularly bad about your lips and just want a nice treatment, this is lovely. It feels like it sort of sits on top of the lips at night, and I found it was still slightly there in the morning. It takes some getting used to using at night as it is pretty sticky. It is also wonderfully glossy so some days I put it over the top of any colour that needs a bit more moisture.

Like another reviewer, I find that these can turn to the most foul smelling lip balms ever. Even though it sits in a drawer next to my bed, and it's way too little product for it to be past it's use-by date, oh boy can it smell. I have found the same thing with clinique coloured superbalms as well. With this one, I was reluctant to throw it out, so I squeezed out a good long line of lip gloss onto a makeup wipe, and then wiped the top as well. That seemed to get me through the worst of it. I know a friend of mine has previously called clinique and they seemed to be aware of the problem. I already have a back up of this, but I don't know if I'd buy clinique superbalms just because of the awful garbage smell that it can turn to.

So on that note, it's a good lip balm if you don't have really chapped sore lips!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The main ingredient is petrolatum (Vaseline), so this seems very over-priced.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No