October 26, 2014 | 974 users online

Eye Primer - Essence - I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and even oilier eyelids. With that said, I would say that this is a pretty decent product. At the end of the day, I can still see my eyeshadow, there is no creasing, and there is no transference of mascara or liner. (I use waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner, but I have used horrible eyelid primers that have even made those transfer and smudge.) My only gripe is that I'm about an NC25 at MAC and the color of this primer is darker than my skin color so I do have to be conscious about sheering it out, which is easily doable. The applicator doesn't go all the way down to the bottom of the container, but I appreciate how easy it is to just stick a q-tip in to take the product out. It's not my holy grail eyelid primer, but I am not against repurchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No no no. I don't know why I bothered buying this again. Looked at my eye makeup a few hours after applying and I had white stripes in my crease!!! That's where all my shadow ended up with this crap. The only primer that works for me is W&W fergie primer. Not even udpp works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It a really good eyeshadow base for the price. The colour neutralises eyelid's discolouration and makes eyeshadows last quite long. I think I'm gonna buy it again when i finish mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Saba391

Love this base. I recommend this to everyone and have bought it for many of my friends and family. It never creases on me and evens out lid tone perfectly. I've tried everything but this is definitely the longest lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by rosalie9313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

So my eyes are so hooded and sufficiently oily that even Colour Tattoo cream shadows crease on me, let alone your less expensive powder shadows. This stuff is magical, I intentionally used my cheapest, most-crease-prone shadow + a super bright turquoise just to test this out and it has STAYED PUT. I'm in love. It's working better than a 24$ pür minerals primer I picked up. I even tried sleeping with eyeshadow on to see if it would transfer to fabric, and nothing (obviously closed eyes = no creasing).

Application is easy, I just dab some onto my lids and pat it in, let it dry a little bit (with my lids closed so it doesn't crease up while getting tacky), then press my eyeshadow on. I don't notice any bad smell from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by ladushka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am allergic to waterproof eye make-up which is a big problem since I have very oily eyelids and only waterproof eye pencils would work for me. This eye primer appears to solve the problem as my regular eye pencil stays put, no smudge, no discoloration. Truely amazing. The colour does bother me a bit, the primer sinks in nicely but it is still really visible on my eyelids. One lippie off for that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all I would like to thank Amtn for her wonderful review about this product and it's comparison to UDPP , I haven't used any eyeprimer except a Jordana one which was okay , but had a highlightening effect . I use Garnier Roll-On Concealer as a primer as I don't have oily eyelids . So I thought of trying this for its good price . My thoughts :

- It makes any mediocre eyeshadow looks great , giving it's true colour and texture in the pan .
- Holds the shadow well without any creasing , no matter how hot or humid the weather is .
- Feels light on the eyes and not drying .
- Shadows blend easily enough as it's not that sticky .
- Nice packaging and it's not that weak .
- Two tiny drops are far enough and I have large eyelid space .
- Hides discolouration as well .
But I haven't tested it with photos yet .
All in all it's great product that I will purchase again , but I prefer the concealer from Garnier as it's sort of cooling to use and feels more natural on the eyelid . and it's my HG eyeprimer , but I think it won't work in a heavy duty environment like weddings , going out ...etc but I think the Essence one will .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by elizabethyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty decent eye primer for the price. My eye makeup usually stays put for about 8 hours with this- I use mostly powder eyeshadow, pencil and gel liner

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by aalolam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used my usual eyeshadows that didn't crease or fade with my Milani eyeshadow primer that I usually use. This primer creased before I even applied my eyeshadows. My shadows did go on quite vividly like with my other eyeshadow primers, but it didn't last long. An hour later, my eyeshadows had moved around significantly and faded quite a bit.
Ultimately, this product did not work for me and I would not repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product. does the job well and super inexpensive