October 24, 2014 | 1549 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Intense #22

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like another reviewer stated, if worn alone on her, it would erase her lips. That is the same for me. I love the way it looks over some of the pinker or mauve lip liners. I use it to change the look of colors. Beautiful staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a nude that leans towards a semi-matte finish. It is a "nude" in the sense that it is very neutral and sits well on my pigmented lips, for my NC15 complexion (albeit leaning a tiiiiiiiny bit orange.)

I find this texture/formula semi-comfortable on the lips, but I will not wear it without a balm underneath. What I love about the formula is it does not make my sensitive lips peel. It is one of the few nudes that I can wear alone without anything over or underneath, but a pigmented gloss over it can be used to tone the gloss shade down.

When doing gradient lips, this is a very easy lipstick to do that as well. The shade wears off easily, as even the pigmented shades in this line do. I have had no problems with the non-pearly shades in this line and 22 is definitely a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by chupafabra21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my second nude lipstick I ever had. I love it. This Is the best nude color if you want a more beige shade. This lipstick is 100 times better then Mac myth. The quality is better..although this lipstick is very expensive...almost $30. Also the packaging is cheap its just black plastic. I definitely would buy this lipstick again. Best nude shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Allysweetie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am crazy about this product! I have been obsessed with nude lipsticks for a couple years now and have yet to find one I really love. Finally, I found this one! It I so perfect that I can wear alone and I can apply without a mirror which is great. It also lasts a long time without having to constantly reapply. My lips are dry already so I can't really rate this on moisture, but I 100% love this product :)

Follow me on Instagram :) alliel88

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I always seem to be searching for the perfect nude lipstick. Sometimes I have found it and then it gets discontinued. All nudes are definitely not the same! Now I have really found the ultimate nude shade. I was on my quest for another nude lipstick at Sephora and the SA recommended this one. When I tried it on, I knew that I had found the one.

What I love about this lipstick is that it's not too matte and not too sheer. This is a satin formula that does not dry out the lips. The formula is just right, creamy and smooth, hydrating and easy to apply. Staying power is also excellent. The color is not chalky and won't wash you out. It's a rich nude that can stand on its own. I love wearing a strong smokey eye and then pairing it with a nude lipstick. But getting the right one has been a challenge. Some are more pink than nude. Some are ashy. I have tried so many other nudes, some that have already been mentioned here in other reviews. There is a warmth in this nude that works well with my skin tone.

I sometimes like to use a lip liner with this nude, by choice and not necessity. This shade doesn't bleed. I have used it with the Boots No. 7 nude lip pencil all over the lip. I have also tried a few of the NYX lip pencils underneath this shade. Depending on the shade of the lip pencil, the nude lipstick can look more pinky, peachy or brown.

I really hope that MUFE does not discontinue this shade. It is expensive with the price now at $20. But for me it's worth it for the right shade. This is now my HG nude lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

If I needed a lip eraser this would be my HG. Unfortunately, I don't really need to erase my lips. If I ever run out of creme d' nude from mac this might be a good replacement or alternative. I use these nude lipstickes under other colors to make them milkier or creamier but that is all. I think this one looks good under pinks. The formula is amazing since it isn't really matte but it isn't shiny at the same time...just perfect and seems to moisturize. There is no way I could ever where this lipstick alone. I still gave it a five because of formula and the product itself is great and it didn't wash me out..... just not something I would use very much. I don't think I would ever need to repurchase this because I don't use nudes that much but I would buy this if I ever do.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received this yesterday and I think it is already my HG nude lipstick. Perfectly matte and satin at the same time, thereby not looking shiny and not looking flat either. So this works amazingly with a heavy smoky eye. The colour is THE nicest nude I have ever come across (my quest for nude lipstick started almost 15 years ago!)... it has just the right amount of pink in it so that it doesn't wash you out, while being nude enough to be paired with any eye/cheek combination. Staying power is quite good too, as are all of the Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks. I can see this will work well to mute some of the other brighter shades of this lipstick if you want a more natural but still colourful lip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I absoloutley LOVE this lipstick. It's the best nude lipstick I've ever tried/found so far in my long journey. I have tried some high end nudes all the way down to Revlon's soft nude (which I liked up until using this one). This is the perfect nude color that most people are looking for. As another reviewer described, this nude does not make your lips look "corpse like", which is what most nude lipsticks tend to look like. This makes your lips look awake & it has some glossiness in it, so this is no where near dull. This is expensive ($19 to be exact), but I'm the type of person who doesn't mind paying for something IF IT'S WORTH THE PRICE. This is definitely worth the price for me:) This literally puts all the nude shades I've tried, to shame. I also have to comment on the formula. This goes on so smooth! It's amazing! The formula is very hydrating & the staying power is great. I can go at least 2 hours, if not more, wearing this. (& for me, that's good). The color pay off is also very good, you only need up to 2 swipes of this to get full coverage. This does not accentuate on dry/chapped lips or lip lines. The texture of this is also not chalky or gritty, which you often get with nude shades. I have to say, job VERY well done from Make Up For Ever. This lipstick formula is probably the best I've ever tried. I will continue to buy this & reccommend this to people, so please don't ever discontinue this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by meg01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. I have been looking for the perfect matte nude lipstick for a long time and this does it for me !! My lips have a lot of natural color so I need a strong color to make them appear nude so #22 does the job and is absolutely great !! I recommend.
(The only downfall is you need to apply a little clear gloss to make sure you are even!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The swatch above is on NC20 skin. Shade-wise I think this is very comparable to Myth from MAC, but with a little more color and wearability (ie., a little less "corpse-like"). But what really sets this apart from the other nudes that are very similar--MAC's Creme d Nude and Myth, Nars' Belle d Jour and Revlon's Nude Attitude and Soft Nude--is the texture and color payoff of the Rouge Artist Intense. It's a satin formula, but it's not a dry satin, so it won't leave your lips parched and flaking. And the color is completely opaque. If you're looking for a sheer color, this is not the product for you. One gentle swipe is all it takes for complete coverage, even with so light a shade as this. And another plus, for me at least, is that this lipstick doesn't smudge and feather on me at all, so no lipliner required! The only downside is the packaging because it's just so flimsy and cheap looking, it feels like if I make even the slightest wrong move the tube will shatter (which luckily hasn't happened yet and i've had this for a few months now). But overall I adore this lipstick and I think the Makeup For Ever formula is divine. Definitely worth a little extra money :)