April 19, 2014 | 1094 users online

Dry Shampoo - Not Your Mother's - Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was tempted to try this since the drugstore had minis in stock for only a few bucks. The only other dry shampoo I've ever used is Oscar Blandi's. This stuff is...not Oscar Blandi. It's an aerosol that sprays a very fine mist of what feels like icy nothing. I used it generously, as the can instructed, but it didn't seem to do anything. My hair looked just as limp as before. And it interacted weirdly with some leftover root-boosting product, producing flakiness that looked just dandruff. I inspected the ingredients after my disappointing experiences and found that alcohol is very high on the list. Well that explains the cooling sensation and smell. I guess blasting your scalp with a lot of alcohol would dry it up, but I don't think the tradeoff in potential irritation and damage is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SierraLiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff works really well for me. My hair is very dry on the ends, so I try not to wash it took often. This dry shampoo helps so much.

I like to spray this on my roots and put oil on my ends for my third day hair. It also adds a lot of volume. Although, I will say that my hair doesn't really get that oily on its own anyway, so I don't know how well this will work for someone who has a very oily scalp.

I doesn't feel heavy on my hair like aerosol products tend to.

I liken the scent to smell like Fruit Loops, but some think it smells lemony or citrus like. I personally like the scent very much. It's not too strong, but it is there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by coconaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My first dry shampoo... awesome! Did exactly what I wanted it to do.

Some background info: I have mixed hair where the crown of my hair is kinky-ish and the surrounding parts (front, sides and under) are smoother. I also have a dry scalp. So I tend to apply lots of oils (coconut, argan, castor) to remedy the dry scalp and to calm the frizziness of my crown. But that usually leaves the rest of my hair, no matter how recently washed, looking greasy, clunky and dirty.

Flash forward to having the lightbulb idea of trying a dry shampoo. I applied it to only the tamer parts of my hair and... it looks like I just walked out of a salon! And I read that some people hate the way it feels... mine's came out feeling GREAT! Well, better than it would if I didn't use this product. I haven't applied it to my roots, I'll post back with an update of trying that.

So because of my particular situation, a dry shampoo factored into my life perfectly. I'd highly recommend this one for anyone who wants to try one for the first time on a budget!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ayyyejay0143

As much as I want to love this product I don't. I love the smell, it seems like my hair is so clean and it does work. But i've notice this products gives me really bad dandruff its all over my head I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first dry shampoo I have ever used. I love it so much. I am currently on my 3rd bottle.

I decided to try another more higher end dry shampoo,just to try something new but it was nothing compared to this one. It is also big enough to last me at least three months and I use it daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by natalieadela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it!!! It does the job without leaving that flaky white residue that other dry shampoos have left behind. The only issue is that since it is very light, it does require a tad bit more product than others. The directions it's self states to "spray generously." I will definitely continue to use the product!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by cj515

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just left my hair feeling oily. Will not buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by smallio13

I liked this dry shampoo for the "grab" it puts in the hair, and the volume it gave. The price was right too.
I can't explain the smell, but it's off and doesn't complement me well at all. In fact, the smell of it has started to make me nauseous.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by krossindixon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love clean, fresh hair. I also love to workout...so I had high hopes for this dry shampoo. It's not great. First, the smell is lemony. Some people classify that as "fresh", but I don't want my hair smelling of citrus. Second, it doesn't really absorb oil. More like it adheres to it leaving a film/gunk that I couldn't brush out with a boar bristle brush to save my life. Brushing just kind of pulled the film down to the midshaft of my hair. It left my hair very dull and as a product meant to leave hair clean and fresh, it was an utter failure. That being said, I do think this product has a better use. The film it leaves on my hair is not unlike a styling powder. It leaves hair tacky with a lot of grab, so if you want to do a complicated updo, braid, or just need to add volume, this might serve that purpose. But don't reach for this post workout thinking you're gonna walk outta there with bouncy, fresh smelling and shiny hair. Nope.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Meebo

Makes my hair really tangled and weighs it down with giving any volume. It's good at taking away oil but leaves you with a gross texture.