Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

3.2

on 8/31/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This dry shampoo is just OK. I don't hate it, yet I'm not in love with it. I chose this because it is readily available and most of all, cruelty free. I've been switching to cruelty free beauty products, hence why I stopped using Suave dry shampoo and tried this. The smell is strong, but I don't mind it. It's not a bad chemical smell! I have to spray a lot on to see results and like others have said, it does make your hair dull. However, it doesn't discolor my hair as much as the Suave shampoo did. I do like that aspect. It soaks up the oils, but not as much as I'd prefer. I have very fine hair so it gave me lots of volume which I like. I have noticed my scalp and hair is a lot less flaky and itchy using this as compared to other dry shampoos. Another plus! Overall, it does it's job, but the end result...the dull, matte finish...turns me off. I will use the rest of the bottle and continue the search.

on 8/12/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The first time I purchased it I immediately returned it because a) using it was like spraying my room with air freshener, and b) I didn't notice it doing much for my hair. Gave it the benefit of the doubt a few months later and repurchased it (So many of my family members use it!), but nope, same issue. I have to open up my window to breathe, and end up having to spray quite a bit of product to see any results.

on 7/27/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is probably the second best dry shampoo I have ever tried. Number one is always Batiste! I like the fact that I does not leave too much of a white cast and the smell is not strong. But it makes your hair dull with no shine. The can last forever though. Go try Batiste, that one is the best one!!!

on 7/5/2015 7:45:00 PM

I've tried multiple dry shampoos and this is the best by far. It doesn't leave a white cast in my dark hair and I don't find it to be sticky. The lime scent isn't my favorite but I don't mind it. It works for me like a dry shampoo should.

on 6/18/2015 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Whenever I buy this, I purchase all the cans on the shelf because it can be hard for me to find sometimes. And I use a LOT of dry shampoo on the every other day I don't wash my hair. This is my favorite drugstore dry shampoo, and I've tried them all. The scent isn't too strong and it isn't musty (looking at you, suave with a yellow cap). It actually does have a medicinal smell as a prior reviewer mentioned. This will leave a slightly white cast but not a problem if you're blonde. I'm a greasy gal so I load it on day two hair to get it matte. It works well and feels less heavy and powdery than other dry shampoos. My hair still feels comfortable to touch after massaging in and brushing out. Hope they continue to make this.

on 6/15/2015 11:30:00 AM

Tried this out on my bangs on a horribly hot day. It definitely soaks up any oils or sweat, but the words "matte finish" on the can are there for a reason-my hair looks dull and dry, and this stuff leaves a LOT of residue, so it also looks dusty and a couple of shades lighter. And can I tell you that the fragrance is absolutely horrible? Reminds me of the cheap hairspray people used to buy for .99 a can back in the eighties. It REEKS-I am not particularly sensitive to odors, but I had to leave the area for a few minutes because I couldn't stand it. The one thing I like is that it leaves my hair soft, and not stiff or rough feeling. Only about $5 or so per can, but I was not impressed enough to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have very thick hair and normally only have to wash my hair every 3-4 days and my hair doesn't usually need dry shampoo until day 3. This bottle is huge so I was hoping I'd love it because it would last a really time. I honestly don't like it. It doesn't soak up the oil on my scalp and honestly I think it makes my hair look even more dirty that it already was. The only pro I have for this product is that it doesn't add volume, but I don't need a ton of volume.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is definitely NOT worth the hype! I bought it because a lot of people have been talking about it and it was a little more than $6 when I got it at CVS. (It's cheaper at some places.) But after trying it, I didn't like it... First of all, the smell is awful. It smells like Lysol cleaning stuff mixed with some baby powder. Anyone who has darker hair can probably relate to this, but dry shampoo always leaves some kind of white residue on my hair. If you comb it through and mess with it a little, it disappears, but with this dry shampoo, I found that it was a lot harder to get rid of that white residue because it left my hair with a super chalky feeling. It also didn't even do that much for my hair honestly. It absorbed some oil but you could still tell my hair was still greasy and I hadn't washed my hair that day.
I personally wouldn't buy this ever again. It didn't work for me and for the price of it, it's just not worth it. If you're looking for a good dry shampoo, I really like the Suave dry shampoo with the yellow cap. The Suave one is probably no more than $3 and it works well, and it has a very nice tropical scent to it!

on 5/20/2015 10:58:00 AM

This is the worst dry shampoo I've ever used! The smell was awful, I'd spray it and then have to run out of the bathroom to escape the cloud of fumes. It didn't make my hair feel any cleaner or less oily. If I don't use a dry shampoo, I have to wash my hair everyday. I've tried a few other products from this brand that I like but they need to reformulate this.

This was a complete waste of money. I have tried better dry shampoo products for less. Forget about this one.