Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

3.2

on 5/20/2015 10:58:00 AM

This is the worst dry shampoo I've ever used! The smell was awful, I'd spray it and then have to run out of the bathroom to escape the cloud of fumes. It didn't make my hair feel any cleaner or less oily. If I don't use a dry shampoo, I have to wash my hair everyday. I've tried a few other products from this brand that I like but they need to reformulate this.

This was a complete waste of money. I have tried better dry shampoo products for less. Forget about this one.

on 5/17/2015 11:41:00 AM

All I really have to say is, "meh."

It does the job. It feels less heavy than other dry shampoos, but it smells weird (kinda baby-powdery, which I hate). I much prefer suave, as this product doesn't last all day for me.

on 5/17/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This Dry Shampoo, while it did run out a little faster than others, worked and left no gross residue in my hair after brushing it out. I really enjoyed using this and it has been the best I have tried so far.

One note for people who care a lot about smell: This smells like Lysol, straight up. I don't mind, but keep that in mind if smells really bother you!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Not the best dry shampoo I've found. I can remember buying this stuff like 6 years ago when it first came out, and wondering how to use it haha. Now that the dry shampoo craze has been around a few years, everyone knows what this stuff is. I didn't like it all those years ago, and I don't like it now. Everything is the same.. The smell, the same itchy powder, it's just a terrible product. Made my scalp super itchy, and the smell was overpowering. It's so fragranced it gave me a headache. Dislike!

on 5/12/2015 12:29:00 AM

I don't get the hype about this. It smells really odd to me (not sweet or flowery, and not hair-salon smelling). But kind of like they're trying to make it smell too fresh, and it ends up kind of medicinal/weird. I get oily hair really easily, and this simply doesn't soak it up, no matter how much I put in, or how well I rub it in. Tresseme worked better for me and smells better.

Honestly can't tell the difference in my hair after I use this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

A good dry shampoo is apparently supposed to totally revive your hair, or at least bring back some volume, bounce, texture and of course, remove any traces of an oily scalp.

This one is okay. It's not the worst thing ever, but I wouldn't buy it again. It's just about the same as Tresemme's dry shampoo. It smells really good, but the biggest thing I look for is oil absorption, and this one only lasts for maybe an hour before looking oily again. I like the roughed up texture this dry shampoo gives my hair, but it's so difficult to rub the white powder into my almost black hair. I suppose it's time to start looking for a tinted one.

However, if maybe your hair isn't as oily as mine on a regular basis and you're on a tight budget, this is a good choice. It was about $5 and I'm glad I didn't buy something more expensive.

I like this dry shampoo better then most. I have thin hair that gets oily easy so dry shampoo is a MUST for second day hair. My hair is dyed darker at the moment and I will say that if you spray too close it does leave the tell tale white/gray cast BUT it brushes out way easier then any other white/gray cast that the others leave. Not sure if this is the best but I would definitely buy again!

on 4/14/2015 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did nothing for my greasy hair. The fumes coming out of it was awful! There was so much. It was like a can of fumes.