Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

3.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this dry shampoo!! It smells amazing and it is perfect for day two, three or four! Personally I like to use it at night and let it set, so in the morning it has plenty of "styleability"...and the price is right! Will def. Be buying again.

This is, by far, the best dry shampoo I have ever tried!

I love trying new dry shampoos, and go through them very quickly.Well no more! I'm buying this as long as it's on the shelf!

The price was around $5.00 at Target, it doesn't leave any residue in my hair, eliminates grease, and doesn't smell bad. I just can't get over the price, and how well it works! I bought unscented, so I'm not sure how the scented one is. This is my new Holy Grail of dry shampoos!

I tried it out today after buying it about a month ago. I usually wash my hair every day bc i have fine hair and will be greasy if I don't. so what made me try it out today was bc i had washed my hair the night before and i woke up with an oily scalp, (that occasionally happens) so i tried this hoping it would give me a refresh, but it did nothing of that. it's redeeming quality is that it gave me a bit of volume, but not enough that i would let my hair down bc of my oily scalp. baby powder gets the job done better than this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This made my two day old hair very greasy. I only applied it on one side and compared it to the other, not-sprayed side of my hair. It was a mess. My not-sprayed side looked less oily and greasy.
But I have found that this works better when I have like three day old hair. It does do something to reduce the oiliness but adds this strange matte look to your hair.
It really isn't a great product. I prefer my Batiste.

I am a daily washer but with my oily skin my side bangs need a little help towards the evening. This helps so much!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This should absolutely be advertised as a dry shampoo for blondes, because this stuff works amazingly well *FOR ME*, and is hands down the only dry shampoo product I will use because it works the best *FOR ME*.

However, I would NEVER recommend Clean Freak for anyone other than a blonde, and even then I'd be cautious suggesting this to a blonde who isn't platinum blonde. The reason being: the dreaded white dry shampoo residue.

For my platinum blonde hair, this residue is not an issue (unless my roots are growing in and then I have to be careful to really brush the spray away from my scalp as sadly my natural hair color is dark brown/black.). When the residue isn't an issue, this stuff is amazing: I take every step possible to make sure my tresses don't look fried due to the blonde torture I put it through, one of which is only shampooing my hair 2-3 times a week. This product makes it EASY to pull off a clean-haired look even three days after shampooing! Gets rid of all traces of oil at the scalp, gives hair extra volume, and it doesn't take long for this spray to sop up all the yuckiness and let you get to styling.

However, I DO notice a lightening of my blonde as a result of white residue, which is why I wouldn't recommend this to a brunette or redhead. *FOR ME* a few brushes makes everything blend in nicely, but for a different hair color I can tell it would be a much bigger deal!

I had been using this regularly for a few months, so I must have been on my third can. I knew it wasn't the best on the market, but it was cheap and got the job done.
I start noticing that I'm losing a handful of hair every time I shower and then I read that some dry shampoos make your hair fall out. I threw that bottle in the trash immediately. Total product failure.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really like this product. My hair gets oily next day after washing. I usually brush my hair, spray where needed, let it sit (start doing my makeup etc) then go back and rub the white in my hair with my hands. It rarely leaves no white residue behind. I sometimes use a hand towel to wipe the white away if I haven't rubbed it in fully or used too much and it still takes the oil away. I have super dark hair too. I use it frequently so I have to get a new bottle once a month but it's fine since it's pretty inexpensive. The aerosol can is perfect too. Just be sure to shake well before using.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

smells good and all but no matter how much i put it doesnt do anything at all, like nothing makes my hair greasier. but hey atleast it doesnt leave white stuff

Someday I will learn to read the reviews before I try a new product. Today is not that day. CVS was out of my usual Batiste, so I thought I'd try this instead. I don't care for the cheap air freshener scent and it makes my hair look very dull. Think I'll just use good old fashioned baby powder until the Batiste is restocked.