December 21, 2014 | 1787 users online

Dry Shampoo - Not Your Mother's - Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by groterss

I recently bought this because with dyed hair, you obviously can't wash it EVERY single day, it would fade far too quickly. My hair is dyed a deep purple right now, and when I spray this in my hair it does a wonderful job of soaking up oil and keeping my hair smelling clean, without any residue or powdery texture. It looks as if I just washed my hair. The only issue is the scent, it smells like multi-purpose cleaner. Maybe they could come up with different scents? Just my opinion, but other than that it is a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by kassey1222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Something is wrong with my bottle because I spray it, and I can smell it but nothing is coming out. I look at my hair and its still oily so I must have a defective bottle. I really wanted to try it and this happens... The smell was alright though I'm just disappointed I purchased a defective one.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Pieran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

On a quest for a good dry shampoo - absorbs oil, invisible, nice scent - I picked this up before reading reviews about the odor.

I want to like this - doesn't leave white on my black hair, excellent absorbing the greasies, and best of all doesnt leave that gritty buildup - BUT - It smells like Pine Sol. Luckily I tested it the night before work. I smelled like a linoleum floor.

I washed my hair like normal in the morning and stashed the trial size shampoo in my purse in case of an emergency.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by kimmyycat

Batiste dupe!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Brittbritt963

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is the best smelling,great packaging, and great oil control for your hair ever. But guess what it ran out after 3 days of use! I did not use it all up I barely spray any! It makes a spewing sound and then the next morning all of it is gone. Seriously. No. I hate this. I love not your mothers hair line but this is just bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this brand and own most of their products. I normally use (and love) Batiste dry shampoo, but when I saw this one I had to buy it of course.

As far as it's function as a dry shampoo, it's worthless. I was so dissapointed and shocked actually, because NYM's is normally very good.

It smells good, very clean smelling. I came home from a party where a lot of ppl were smoking. And you know how cigarette smell clings to your hair. I went to bed not really thinking about it. When I woke up for work that next morning my hair reeked of stale cigarette smoke! I'm an RN so I can NOT smell like cig's while working with sick patients. So I sprayed this all in my hair in a moment of despirate panic. Bam! My hair smelled fresh and clean and it lasted all day!

So, as a dry shampoo I rate it a 0 since it does nothing for oil control. As a refreshing spray it works good.

So there ya go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This was the first dry shampoo I've ever tried. I wasn't crazy about the smell - it's very chemical, not too pleasing - however, it seems to dissipate quickly and doesn't irritate me. If you hold it far enough away from your head, there's no white residue once you brush your hair or tousel it around. It doesn't make my hair damp but it does give it some texture, which I like. I may try another dry shampoo as a comparison but I wouldn't have a problem buying this again. Wish they'd give it a nicer scent...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by stefuhknee

I have used many drug store dry shampoos (Suave, Tresemme, Batiste, etc.) and this product is my go to. The smell isn't the best, but after I have sprayed my hair and rubbed it in I do not notice it. This is the only dry shampoo that has completely absorbed all excess oil without having to use half the bottle. I did take one lippy off because at time I do notice a bit of flaking from the product. I will continue to buy again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by BrokenWench

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Product does not smell good at all. Leaves a fog through out the house that's very irritating to eyes and throat. Can actually taste the product for days after it's sprayed. Seems to leave some kind of residue in the air...coming from a retired hair stylist of 30 years.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by odoml06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried very many dry shampoos, only this one and one by Tresemme. I think it does the job of absorbing the oil in your hair, but I don't care for the smell. It smells a lot like just plain baby powder to me, which can be a little overwhelming when sprayed through out your hair. It reminds me of those women that you sometimes come across that douse themselves in baby powder.

Needless to say I am pretty disappointed in the scent, especially with this brand. Their shampoo/conditioner smells amazing, so I had high expectations for this product. Although in some of the reviews I see that there are quite a few people that like the scent. I would recommend doing a little spray test before you purchase to see if you like it.

I don't typically use dry shampoo too often, but once I run out of this I will be trying a different brand.