Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

3.2

on 7/5/2015 7:45:00 PM

I've tried multiple dry shampoos and this is the best by far. It doesn't leave a white cast in my dark hair and I don't find it to be sticky. The lime scent isn't my favorite but I don't mind it. It works for me like a dry shampoo should.

on 6/18/2015 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Whenever I buy this, I purchase all the cans on the shelf because it can be hard for me to find sometimes. And I use a LOT of dry shampoo on the every other day I don't wash my hair. This is my favorite drugstore dry shampoo, and I've tried them all. The scent isn't too strong and it isn't musty (looking at you, suave with a yellow cap). It actually does have a medicinal smell as a prior reviewer mentioned. This will leave a slightly white cast but not a problem if you're blonde. I'm a greasy gal so I load it on day two hair to get it matte. It works well and feels less heavy and powdery than other dry shampoos. My hair still feels comfortable to touch after massaging in and brushing out. Hope they continue to make this.

on 6/15/2015 11:30:00 AM

Tried this out on my bangs on a horribly hot day. It definitely soaks up any oils or sweat, but the words "matte finish" on the can are there for a reason-my hair looks dull and dry, and this stuff leaves a LOT of residue, so it also looks dusty and a couple of shades lighter. And can I tell you that the fragrance is absolutely horrible? Reminds me of the cheap hairspray people used to buy for .99 a can back in the eighties. It REEKS-I am not particularly sensitive to odors, but I had to leave the area for a few minutes because I couldn't stand it. The one thing I like is that it leaves my hair soft, and not stiff or rough feeling. Only about $5 or so per can, but I was not impressed enough to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have very thick hair and normally only have to wash my hair every 3-4 days and my hair doesn't usually need dry shampoo until day 3. This bottle is huge so I was hoping I'd love it because it would last a really time. I honestly don't like it. It doesn't soak up the oil on my scalp and honestly I think it makes my hair look even more dirty that it already was. The only pro I have for this product is that it doesn't add volume, but I don't need a ton of volume.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is definitely NOT worth the hype! I bought it because a lot of people have been talking about it and it was a little more than $6 when I got it at CVS. (It's cheaper at some places.) But after trying it, I didn't like it... First of all, the smell is awful. It smells like Lysol cleaning stuff mixed with some baby powder. Anyone who has darker hair can probably relate to this, but dry shampoo always leaves some kind of white residue on my hair. If you comb it through and mess with it a little, it disappears, but with this dry shampoo, I found that it was a lot harder to get rid of that white residue because it left my hair with a super chalky feeling. It also didn't even do that much for my hair honestly. It absorbed some oil but you could still tell my hair was still greasy and I hadn't washed my hair that day.
I personally wouldn't buy this ever again. It didn't work for me and for the price of it, it's just not worth it. If you're looking for a good dry shampoo, I really like the Suave dry shampoo with the yellow cap. The Suave one is probably no more than $3 and it works well, and it has a very nice tropical scent to it!

on 5/20/2015 10:58:00 AM

This is the worst dry shampoo I've ever used! The smell was awful, I'd spray it and then have to run out of the bathroom to escape the cloud of fumes. It didn't make my hair feel any cleaner or less oily. If I don't use a dry shampoo, I have to wash my hair everyday. I've tried a few other products from this brand that I like but they need to reformulate this.

This was a complete waste of money. I have tried better dry shampoo products for less. Forget about this one.

on 5/17/2015 11:41:00 AM

All I really have to say is, "meh."

It does the job. It feels less heavy than other dry shampoos, but it smells weird (kinda baby-powdery, which I hate). I much prefer suave, as this product doesn't last all day for me.

on 5/17/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This Dry Shampoo, while it did run out a little faster than others, worked and left no gross residue in my hair after brushing it out. I really enjoyed using this and it has been the best I have tried so far.

One note for people who care a lot about smell: This smells like Lysol, straight up. I don't mind, but keep that in mind if smells really bother you!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Not the best dry shampoo I've found. I can remember buying this stuff like 6 years ago when it first came out, and wondering how to use it haha. Now that the dry shampoo craze has been around a few years, everyone knows what this stuff is. I didn't like it all those years ago, and I don't like it now. Everything is the same.. The smell, the same itchy powder, it's just a terrible product. Made my scalp super itchy, and the smell was overpowering. It's so fragranced it gave me a headache. Dislike!