October 1, 2014 | 1228 users online

Dry Shampoo - Not Your Mother's - Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this brand and own most of their products. I normally use (and love) Batiste dry shampoo, but when I saw this one I had to buy it of course.

As far as it's function as a dry shampoo, it's worthless. I was so dissapointed and shocked actually, because NYM's is normally very good.

It smells good, very clean smelling. I came home from a party where a lot of ppl were smoking. And you know how cigarette smell clings to your hair. I went to bed not really thinking about it. When I woke up for work that next morning my hair reeked of stale cigarette smoke! I'm an RN so I can NOT smell like cig's while working with sick patients. So I sprayed this all in my hair in a moment of despirate panic. Bam! My hair smelled fresh and clean and it lasted all day!

So, as a dry shampoo I rate it a 0 since it does nothing for oil control. As a refreshing spray it works good.

So there ya go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This was the first dry shampoo I've ever tried. I wasn't crazy about the smell - it's very chemical, not too pleasing - however, it seems to dissipate quickly and doesn't irritate me. If you hold it far enough away from your head, there's no white residue once you brush your hair or tousel it around. It doesn't make my hair damp but it does give it some texture, which I like. I may try another dry shampoo as a comparison but I wouldn't have a problem buying this again. Wish they'd give it a nicer scent...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by stefuhknee

I have used many drug store dry shampoos (Suave, Tresemme, Batiste, etc.) and this product is my go to. The smell isn't the best, but after I have sprayed my hair and rubbed it in I do not notice it. This is the only dry shampoo that has completely absorbed all excess oil without having to use half the bottle. I did take one lippy off because at time I do notice a bit of flaking from the product. I will continue to buy again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by BrokenWench

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Product does not smell good at all. Leaves a fog through out the house that's very irritating to eyes and throat. Can actually taste the product for days after it's sprayed. Seems to leave some kind of residue in the air...coming from a retired hair stylist of 30 years.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by odoml06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried very many dry shampoos, only this one and one by Tresemme. I think it does the job of absorbing the oil in your hair, but I don't care for the smell. It smells a lot like just plain baby powder to me, which can be a little overwhelming when sprayed through out your hair. It reminds me of those women that you sometimes come across that douse themselves in baby powder.

Needless to say I am pretty disappointed in the scent, especially with this brand. Their shampoo/conditioner smells amazing, so I had high expectations for this product. Although in some of the reviews I see that there are quite a few people that like the scent. I would recommend doing a little spray test before you purchase to see if you like it.

I don't typically use dry shampoo too often, but once I run out of this I will be trying a different brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this! I only wash my hair twice a week. This stuff is great for my no-wash days when I want to wear my hair down. The smell isn't the best, but it isn't very strong. In fact, I don't notice the smell at all after I'm done using it. I love that it sprays completely dry. I've used some dry shampoos that weren't exactly "dry" when I sprayed them into my hair. If you spray too close, it will look white. But all you have to do is rub your hair with your fingers and it disappears. This stuff also gives you the slightest bit of texture, just enough to make it very easy to style and move stubborn hairs into place.

I will absolutely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Hoosierville

Awful, awful, awful. Smells terrible and it lingers. Will not buy it again and I'm taking it back to Meijer for a refund. batiste is much better, and the scent is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by fychen

I have tried a few different Dry Shampoos (Batiste, Tresemme, Big Sexy Hair, Oscar Blandi, and Pssssst!) and have to say this is probably my favorite so far! I have black hair, this does not leave white residue. If you spray too close to your hair though, it might; but it's gone once your run your fingers through your hair. It doesn't have any weird smell and instantly makes my second day hair free of oil! It also adds some texture and volume as well. I found it lasting all day as well! I could use this on day three hair too if I wanted to, but I like to wash my hair every other day. This is so quick, easy, and not expensive!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not the best but not the worst. This is my first dry shampoo so once my bottle is all finished I'm gonna try another brand. This keeps the oils in my hair from breaking through if I apply it right after I blow dry. If my hair is already really greasy though, which it can get after one day, this does absolutely nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by 2girlsNcounting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best dry shampoo!! I've tried many dry shampoo's & have hated them all & have up on them. I recently came across this one on YouTube & thought I would give dry shampoos one more chance, I am so glad I did! It has changed everything for me!
It smells awesome! Sort of like baby powder but not. And is the only dry shampoo that actually takes the odor from my hair.
It doesn't leave white powder or streaks in my dark brown hair.
It absorbs oil really well. And my hair is really oily, like I get oily by the end of the day after a shampoo.
I said it changed everything in my hair routine because I used to wash my hair every day because of how oily it is & it smells. I have waist length, frizzy/wavy hair & two very young children. So doing y hair every day is NOT easy or feasible.
Now that I have this awesome dry shampoo I go 3 days between shampoos!!! It takes so much pressure off me to not have to worry about styling my difficult hair with screaming kids every day.

All of the drugstore dry shampoos I've tried all seem to have that awful Pinesol/bathroom cleaner type smell that makes me sick & the high ends one I've tried have clogged not even half way through a bottle.
I've had this bottle for a few months now & not a clog in sight!
HG dry shampoo!!