January 30, 2015 | 1802 users online

Dry Shampoo - Not Your Mother's - Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2015 4:03:00 PM More reviews by serinaa

I bought this recently at a relatively cheap price but I did not like it at all. It does not smell great, the smell consumes my bathroom and makes me nauseous and leaves my hair feeling very straw- like and very dry and rough to the touch. There is not much product in the can and you need to spray A LOT to actually make a difference in your hair. I used this can up in maybe 2 or 3 weeks with daily use. I will not be buying this again unless I really need to and it's the only can on the shelf.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SarahN65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely my HG Dry Shampoo. I like the smell, but I could see how it wouldn't be for everyone. Doesn't leave any white in my hair, does a great job of oil control, all in all a good product. Have already repurchased it twice, and definitely intend to repurchase it once this can runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by temiluna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. When I'm trying to extend my hairstyle it works like a charm. I don't have overly greasy hair, but when my scalp gets oily this stuff is great. It smells good and isn't chemically like other dry shampoos. It was relatively inexpensive and doesn't leave white spots in my hair. I've had the same bottle for over a year now and it's still going strong.

I would definitely recommend this product if you're looking for something to help between washes especially if you've gotten your hair straightened and don't feel like spending 2 hours blow drying and flat ironing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Binney

This is my favorite dry shampoo. It makes my hair feel like I just washed it except a little thicker, more textured like all dry shampoos do. It doesn't make my hair feel messy or dirtier than before like some other brands do.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by groterss

I recently bought this because with dyed hair, you obviously can't wash it EVERY single day, it would fade far too quickly. My hair is dyed a deep purple right now, and when I spray this in my hair it does a wonderful job of soaking up oil and keeping my hair smelling clean, without any residue or powdery texture. It looks as if I just washed my hair. The only issue is the scent, it smells like multi-purpose cleaner. Maybe they could come up with different scents? Just my opinion, but other than that it is a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by kassey1222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Something is wrong with my bottle because I spray it, and I can smell it but nothing is coming out. I look at my hair and its still oily so I must have a defective bottle. I really wanted to try it and this happens... The smell was alright though I'm just disappointed I purchased a defective one.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Pieran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

On a quest for a good dry shampoo - absorbs oil, invisible, nice scent - I picked this up before reading reviews about the odor.

I want to like this - doesn't leave white on my black hair, excellent absorbing the greasies, and best of all doesnt leave that gritty buildup - BUT - It smells like Pine Sol. Luckily I tested it the night before work. I smelled like a linoleum floor.

I washed my hair like normal in the morning and stashed the trial size shampoo in my purse in case of an emergency.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by kimmyycat

Batiste dupe!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Brittbritt963

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is the best smelling,great packaging, and great oil control for your hair ever. But guess what it ran out after 3 days of use! I did not use it all up I barely spray any! It makes a spewing sound and then the next morning all of it is gone. Seriously. No. I hate this. I love not your mothers hair line but this is just bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this brand and own most of their products. I normally use (and love) Batiste dry shampoo, but when I saw this one I had to buy it of course.

As far as it's function as a dry shampoo, it's worthless. I was so dissapointed and shocked actually, because NYM's is normally very good.

It smells good, very clean smelling. I came home from a party where a lot of ppl were smoking. And you know how cigarette smell clings to your hair. I went to bed not really thinking about it. When I woke up for work that next morning my hair reeked of stale cigarette smoke! I'm an RN so I can NOT smell like cig's while working with sick patients. So I sprayed this all in my hair in a moment of despirate panic. Bam! My hair smelled fresh and clean and it lasted all day!

So, as a dry shampoo I rate it a 0 since it does nothing for oil control. As a refreshing spray it works good.

So there ya go!