April 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Full repair shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The first time that I used this my hair was fine, soft and shiny and full but I've noticed that the more I use it the drier my hair becomes, I read the ingredients and can't find any protein and in fact it only has one sulfate-the o.k one, so I really don't know but today that I washed my hair my hair color was running down the drain, so back it goes. (it says it's color-safe???)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by eemontg

I just finished my first set of this shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner. I loved it -- it kept my hair clean, moisturized, and it smells really good. I have ombré hair and the deep conditioner worked wonders since my ends were dry and tangled. The scent is strong if that bothers you

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this product because the John Frieda Full Repair Conditioner is excellent. However I can't really say the same for the shampoo version. I have naturally slightly wavy hair and right now I have a 4 month old permanent color on it which left my hair a bit dry. Prior to acquiring this shampoo I had been using another one which I found to be much more moisturizing than the John Frieda one.

I have been using this shampoo for 3 weeks now but I don't see much difference with my hair. It's not a bad shampoo in and of itself and the scent is actually quite nice. My issue with it is it's not moisturizing enough for my taste. The conditioner, however, is where it's at. When I acquired the conditioner only then did my hair feel soft, smooth, moisturized and shiny. It also added body and movement to my hair.

I will continue to use the shampoo until it runs out and I will assess my hair again but at this point I'm not sure if I'm going to repurchase it. With that said, I will DEFINITELY repurchase the conditioner and might even stock up on it because the conditioner is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by MissTheSweetest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first used the full repair deep conditioner and loved it! So I decided to buy the shampoo and conditioner too and loved both as well, smells great and a little goes a long way. We'll see how my hair likes it after a while!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by JLynn129

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I normally use John Frieda shampoo/conditioner products on my hair but I switch up the type every few months between Brilliant Brunette and the Frizz Ease products. I read a few good reviews about this one and bought it 2 weeks ago. The entire first week I noticed I was having bad hair days. Frizzy, coarse, and hard to manage type days. It was like it was humid and raining everyday and that I had fried my hair 10x over with a straightener. (I don't typically straighten)

Finally I came to this website and saw a few other people had felt the same way that I do. I'm sure this product works for some people...it's DEFINITELY not something that works for me. I had the worst hair days ever. So I switched back to Brilliant Brunette and actually chucked the rest of the Full Repair (i never do that...) But I immediately got compliments on my hair after I stopped using it. It feels amazing now that I stopped using Full Repair. I'd suggest buying a small sample size first to see if this happens with your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by judydd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have to write this review: my hair had become droopy, unmanageable, dead and anything I did or tried, failed. These reviews had some good comments about this shampoo, so I bought some along with the conditioner, and a complimentary sample size of Style Revival, which was/is nice but found the shampoo and conditioner worked well without additional products.
I write this in case anyone else is struggling with hair problems. I hate to mention it but had been using Loreal Ever Pure products, which were fine for a few months, then hair became awful and this opinion was reinforced by my usual hairdresser who thought I needed an extreme cut to get rid of the "weight" to fix it.
Turns out I only needed the Full Repair from John Frieda, and my hair has grown out from the needless cut. Now I get compliments and feel I have good hair again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by pambi25

I love this shampoo and conditioner, judging by the mixed reviews it is a case of trial and error with regards to products as everyones hair/skin is different.
I had bleached my hair to within an inch of its life! it was absolutely frazzled , I tried many different high end and medium end shampoo/conditioner combos.
Then I tried this and it saved my hair! My hair felt soft and properly moisturised for the first time since I ruined it through bleaching. I will now never stray from this , nice smell and packaging too.
My hair is naturally dark and quite thick and long with greasy roots and dry ends. While it may not work for all I would urge you to try it as It is my definite hair saviour :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by 2cute4freckles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an ok shampoo, I would not buy it again mostly because of the STRONG fragrance which is a heavy amber or benzoin resin smell, think base notes of shalimar or chanel allure for men. Frankly just not my style. That being said it is an ok shampoo, but when paired with the conditioner It did make my hair fuller and a little healthier looking. I was suprised considering the conditioner does contain silicones that it didn't make my hair super flat. My hair is really damaged, and the combo did make it look a lot better, so in that respect pretty impressive.
This is not the shampoo/conditioner for you if you already have thick and coarse hair. There is not enough moisture. But if you're like me and have fine fried hair and you like amber/benzion resin perfumes this would be a lovely and inexpensive option for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by sanduhra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This made my fine hair pretty stringy/tangled, AND the extremely strong scent gave me a headache on par with some of the most offensive perfumes. Seriously. This has got to be the strongest fragrance I have ever encountered in a hair product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by BtflAngel518

I've had a bad breakout all along my hairline since I started using this. I finally thought maybe its this shampoo & conditioner. I bought a new sulfate free brand and have already used it twice, and my breakout already looks and feels better. I'm just surprised that this product made me breakout so badly. I've never had any hair products do that to me before.