John Frieda Full repair shampoo

3.4

WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, FRAGRANCE, COCAMIDE MEA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, DICETYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, METHYLPARABEN, PEG-12 DIMETHICONE, MALIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, CETYL ALCOHOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCINE, PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL, PPG-9, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, TOCOPHEROL

This shampoo and the accompanying conditioner have been my HG for the last 4 years. They were the only products that I could find that maintained that elusive moisture balance for my lifeless, stick-straight hair, and believe me, I did the leg work. Other products that I used either weighed my hair down and made it flat and piece-y, or the volume products (including JF's) would eventually turn my hair to frizzy straw. For the first time I felt comfortable actually growing my hair out (it's now down my back) because I was consistently having good results with the Full Repair line. Previously I always had to keep it fairly short just because of how stringy it would get past a certain length. I'm not sure if JF has indeed discontinued this line or not, but I know that I can't find it on the shelves at my local stores anymore. Luckily I have a sizeable hoard to sustain me for a good while, but I'm hoping I won't need to start searching for something new again...

on 11/21/2014 12:46:00 AM

I loved this shampoo the first time I used it but I've realized it is just not cleansing enough! I normally can shampoo every other day but when using this, my hair is just so greasy the next day. It's pretty disgusting. With other shampoos I can easily shampoo every other day. I've noticed my hair just looks dull and dry after using this, too. The conditioner is ok I suppose but I won't be purchasing this shampoo again. I think they changed the formula.

on 10/11/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very strongly scented shampoo, I wasn't a huge fan of the scent either. I found it does stay in your hair so make sure you like it before you buy. Very gentle shampoo, lathers well and made a very noticeable difference in how long my hair colour lasted. Big issue (besides the scent) is that this just isn't quite cleansing enough for me. I ended up with so much buildup and my hair felt dirty. Which is unfortunate because I liked not having to colour my roots as often. Would not repurchase.

Note about the conditioner, it worked well and I can use it with another shampoo but not this one, the combination is too much and my hair felt way over moisturized to the point of being greasy/dirty feeling the same day I washed it. Probably would not repurchase the conditioner either.

on 7/16/2014 12:54:00 PM

this does cleanse hair gently. it is heavily fragranced and will interfere with your perfume. caused skin irritation and pimples on my scalp and back. left my roots greasy and in need of another wash however my ends were not dried out. if you have dry hair that you wash daily and your skin/scalp is not easily irritated by polycyclic musks (the heavy fragrance) and heavy cones, this is probably a god send. for my long fine hair, the residue left behind encouraged tangling. between the pimples, irritation, filmy residue, greasy roots after washing, and heavy fragrance that clashes with my perfumes, this was not the product for me.

on 7/16/2014 12:16:00 PM

I have fine, thin hair, and I have never been able to find a shampoo that works miracles like this one. I've tried the Mane 'n Tail, BIG shampoo from Lush, and many other "volumizing" shampoos but none of them have ever made a difference. Which is why I'm so thankful to have stumbled upon my new holy grail. The John Frieda Full Repair shampoo lathers so well and so easily, the scent is amazing and stays in my hair for days, and actually adds a bit off volume, which says a lot to me considering I have never come across one that could. It leaves my hair feeling nice and soft, and I can't stop smelling my hair. It's an amazing product and I recommend this to everyone.

on 3/23/2014 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The first time that I used this my hair was fine, soft and shiny and full but I've noticed that the more I use it the drier my hair becomes, I read the ingredients and can't find any protein and in fact it only has one sulfate-the o.k one, so I really don't know but today that I washed my hair my hair color was running down the drain, so back it goes. (it says it's color-safe???)

on 3/5/2014 9:25:00 AM

I just finished my first set of this shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner. I loved it -- it kept my hair clean, moisturized, and it smells really good. I have ombré hair and the deep conditioner worked wonders since my ends were dry and tangled. The scent is strong if that bothers you

on 12/28/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this product because the John Frieda Full Repair Conditioner is excellent. However I can't really say the same for the shampoo version. I have naturally slightly wavy hair and right now I have a 4 month old permanent color on it which left my hair a bit dry. Prior to acquiring this shampoo I had been using another one which I found to be much more moisturizing than the John Frieda one.

I have been using this shampoo for 3 weeks now but I don't see much difference with my hair. It's not a bad shampoo in and of itself and the scent is actually quite nice. My issue with it is it's not moisturizing enough for my taste. The conditioner, however, is where it's at. When I acquired the conditioner only then did my hair feel soft, smooth, moisturized and shiny. It also added body and movement to my hair.

I will continue to use the shampoo until it runs out and I will assess my hair again but at this point I'm not sure if I'm going to repurchase it. With that said, I will DEFINITELY repurchase the conditioner and might even stock up on it because the conditioner is fantastic.

I first used the full repair deep conditioner and loved it! So I decided to buy the shampoo and conditioner too and loved both as well, smells great and a little goes a long way. We'll see how my hair likes it after a while!

on 3/21/2013 1:01:00 PM

I normally use John Frieda shampoo/conditioner products on my hair but I switch up the type every few months between Brilliant Brunette and the Frizz Ease products. I read a few good reviews about this one and bought it 2 weeks ago. The entire first week I noticed I was having bad hair days. Frizzy, coarse, and hard to manage type days. It was like it was humid and raining everyday and that I had fried my hair 10x over with a straightener. (I don't typically straighten)

Finally I came to this website and saw a few other people had felt the same way that I do. I'm sure this product works for some people...it's DEFINITELY not something that works for me. I had the worst hair days ever. So I switched back to Brilliant Brunette and actually chucked the rest of the Full Repair (i never do that...) But I immediately got compliments on my hair after I stopped using it. It feels amazing now that I stopped using Full Repair. I'd suggest buying a small sample size first to see if this happens with your hair.

Popular Shampoos