October 31, 2014 | 996 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Genuine Treasure

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to find this online, given that it is a limited edition product.

Color is gorgeous! Its a mixture of a forest green with gray and gold shimmer. Disappointing thing is that it's sooo deceiving!! When I applied it to my eyelids, color comes out so sheer no matter how much you pack on, so it just looks like a really light wash of green/gray with a crap load of glitter.

There is a LOT of fallout with this product so I always do my eyes first before my face whenever I use this paint pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a couple Paint Pots, and they're OK, but this one was FABULOUS! After wearing it a couple times i rushed back for a back-up jar. But it was limited edition and already sold out :-(

The base is actually quite sheer with only a hint of color. It has antique gold reflects suspended in it. To me these do not look or feel like chunky glitter. On the eye it is almost subtle because the base is sheer. It adds an almost mysterious glimmer to your eyes. I have had no problems with fallout - it's a cream so a bit may migrate over many hours, but i haven't found it any place far from my eyes.

It is also terrific worn under or over other products - since it's sheer their colors show through, while Genuine Treasure adds warm shimmer.

I sure hope MAC repromotes this product. I really need to get one or two more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by happyasthesun

This is one of my favorite eyeshadow products.

MAC paint pots in general are one of the few cream products that don't crease on me and so I do like the formulation. This is no exception.

The color is a deep green-gold color with golden sparkles (not shimmer; glitter.) I love the versatility of the color; I can pair it with olives and greens or I can pair it with golds and either way it brings out the color. I have dark brown eyes and I find that this makes my eyes seem lighter/more multi-dimensional. I love this just as a wash on its own, especially as the colder months come by.

There is a gritty feeling to the paint pot but it applies smoothly and is creamy on the eyelid. I have not experienced it crepey-ness from this (which I have experienced with other cream eyeshadows) and it doesn't budge when applied (i.e., no creasing). However, I will say that there is some glitter fallout and that glitter really sticks to the skin so I recommend either using some sort of shield (like a tissue) or applying foundation afterwards. Overall, though, the product is so great that this is really an afterthought (I do my foundation after eye makeup usually anyways).

CONSIDER IF:
- You like warm-toned colors
- You like glitter (not shimmer! glitter!)
- You like MAC paint pots

SKIP IF:
- MAC paint pots aren't your thing
- You don't like fallout of any sort
- You don't like golden/olive colors on your eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pp looks grey with glitter particles on my eyelids and I have to say this is the only grey shadow that looks good on me! I got so many complimants the first time I was wearing it.I am usually only using different shades of brown for everyday look, but now I can see that grey can work out too! The color is lovely as it is or as a base for Satin Taupe (beautiful combination) and other browns and golds (as golden glitters compliments it perfectly). I usually apply this with my fingers. Buildable for evening makeup and brightens up any matching shadows you put on top of it. I wouldn't use it as an eye liner since it's quite sheer. I didn't have any fall-out issues with this (but I am using UDPP under it all the time because of the oily lids). Will not repurchase since I probably will get tired of it by the time I hit the bottom.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by suuzieq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy GLITTER fallout!!!
As I was applying it I was totally in love with the colour. I remember making a mental note that I should get a backup while it's still available in stores as it is 'limited edition'. Anyway, about 3 hours later all the glitter has transferred to my under-eye area. Believe me..not a pretty sight. I'm so dissapointed in this paint pot. If you figure out a way to make it work for you please let me know.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Of course, paint pots are my favorite things. I purchased all of them from the Posh Paradise collection. This one sold out the fastest, I think because it is so beautiful in the pot. It is by far the most glittery of the collection but not overly so and not is that shimmery - disco ball way. It is gorgeous alone or with dark browns or reds over it. If you haven't tried paint pots, do it! Start with Painterly or Soft Ochre then branch out! Also, I will say that recently I was trying to find a limited edition fluidline called "Avenue" which I will (or maybe already have) reviewed - and they were sold out everyone locally. The MAC SA directed me to the MAC 800 number and they had none in the US but sent me to the 800 number in Canada and they had some so they sent them to me! It's worth a shot to try to find some of these gems! And I have the best MAC SA's in the world here in Kansas City!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by xVegasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this paint pot so much,i have wore it everyday since i have bought it (its not very often i do this),This has a brown base color with bits of gold glitter in it,what i realy love about this one is that you can put a little bit on for perfect daytime look or build it up to a stronger color for a more night time look,it looks realy good with gel eyeliner flicks too,i realy hope they bring this back beacause i will defonately repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by honeybeemee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this paint pot...but unfortunately, it sold out in a couple of days and I was not able to locate any at the MAC counters or online. I DID get a couple of hefty samples, which I will be using SPARINGLY to make them last. I hope that MAC will reissue this paint pot!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a huge fan of glitter, but this shade was too gorgeous to pass up! Luckily I was pleasantly surprised with the texture of this when I received it. The color is a beautiful antique gold with green and brown reflects--so unique and absolutely stunning--and the glitters are certainly not as chunky and uneven as a lot of photos (and even the product itself) make it seem. If you have good blending technique, this is just as gorgeous and easy to apply as any other paint pot. It's creamy, long-wearing and doesn't crease, same as any other paint pot, but this color is definitely something special. I've never seen anything like it and probably never will. I would highly recommend this to every single person out there because I absolutely adore it.

One thing to keep in mind, though, if you're having trouble applying it...you're definitely going to want to start out with a very sheer layer and build it up if necessary. If you try to apply too much at once, that's when you're going to end up with a streaky, clumpy mess. Just take you time with this one, it's definitely worth it :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most gorgeous paint pot I've ever seen. I'm usually not a huge fan of lots of glitter but this has to be seen to be appreciated. It's not gritty in the least, it's sheer but easily blendable and doesn't look OTT. On me, this is a greenish taupe with gorgeous gold shimmer (NOT chunky glitter). This is lovely alone with just some black liner and mascara. That's how I intend to wear it. So, so lovely. I'm glad MAC restocked online or I would have missed this beauty. I'd definitely repurchase.