July 29, 2014 | 1644 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Britney Spears - Cosmic Radiance

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's feminine, light, airy, and fresh...but nothing special. Don't get me wrong! I like it I do. It stays in my ‘ordinary’ perfume collection. I use this to go out and about like for groceries, shopping or hanging out with friends at their house and stuff. It comes in a pretty bottle and easily can be obtained from major departmental stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by bubblygirl

I'm a huge Britney Spears fan, but never wanted to try her perfumes, because celebrity perfumes in my mind resemble the vanilla-horror cocktail of the Mariah Carey scents, where they're so sweet they induce nausea.

Reading through some of the reviews and notes about Brit's various 'fumes made me not want to try them either. Her most popular line, Fantasy and its variants, had high praise from teenagers who enjoy those stomach-churning sweet vanilla gourmand scents. Believe had such poor reviews on here it wasn't even an option. Curious had some interesting notes, being more floral than the rest, but I hesitated because nearly everyone said it turned rancid very quickly. When the original Radiance came out, I honestly was attracted to the pretty bottle, but I figured I could wait until the price went down and I could get it in a drugstore gift set. The notes on that seemed less cake-y, so I was intrigued, but it wasn't until Cosmic Radiance was released that my lemming took over.

First off, the tag line "Be the brightest star in the universe" really appealed to me; to dork-out completely, it reminded me of Sailor Moon and the guizinshou. Plus the reviews that came out said it was a more mature smell than the original, which to me meant that it was less nauseatingly gourmand. It took a while for me to hunt this 'fume down; I refused to pay retail for a celeb scent, and this variant wasn't carried at any of the discount stores or drugstores nearby. I finally found it when I moved overseas for school; I was looking for Stella McCartney's L.I.L.Y. The box and bottle were hideous (the image of Britney in a white dress used is one from the early 2000s that they keep reusing for all her music and perfume promos), but I ignored it and tested it anyway.

Upon first spray, I fell in love. I smelled a strong grassy and white floral (mostly jasmine) component--very fresh and clean--in the top notes. My friends who were shopping with me said it smelled like a budget version of Marc Jacobs' Dot; while the notes seem to be really different, all three of our noses detected a similar jasmine/fruit/vanilla combo. The heart notes smelled more creamy/sweet, like a lychee bubble tea, with a vanilla and sandalwood base I enjoy. I was surprised to read that it opened up as citrus on most people as I couldn't initially pick that out, but now that I've almost emptied the bottle, I definitely can smell the soft citrus opening, and I am glad that it's soft instead of screechy.

Lasting power is moderate (about 5-6 hrs), and sillage can be intense if oversprayed (three sprays under clothing is what I do and it remains subtle). Can be used both day and night, but I prefer wearing it during the day. I get many compliments on this scent. The price is the only thing keeping me from buying it again; I paid about $35 for this scent, which is high for a celeb scent that was released in 2011. If I manage to score a bottle at a TJ Maxx or something for $15 or under I'd rebuy for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by zelda1802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a nice very fresh, fruity floral. At first I can really smell what I think is mandarin and lychee and some florals I can't identify. After a while it dries down to more a fresh lychee vanilla. Overall the scent is 7.5/10 for me. The only problem is that the lasting power is very below average. It smells good for about an hour but than after two hours I can barely smell it, even on my clothes. After three hours it's gone. Also, I don't really like the appearance of the bottle, but that doesn't really matter. I got it at Marshall's for only $10, which is good because i would not pay full price for this perfume. It seems like another generic scent to me, so I wouldn't purchase it again, but I don't regret buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Cosmic Radiance is a nice floral with citrus and vanilla. I like it however the staying power is shockingly bad! I literally drenched myself in this and an hour later, I couldnt smell anything on my wrist. For this reason, I wouldnt repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by mich3ll3rose

amazing. stays strong, perfect scent, perfect packaging, overall perfection

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

idk how other people are picking up scents from this perfume that would distinguish it from the original radiance. i have smelled it out of the bottle at stores, i've sprayed it on me from these same bottles, i even received a sample of it. and i can in NO way tell the difference between cosmic radiance and the original radiance. not to complain though, i love radiance, it's one of my favorites! just... they smell the exact same to me. oh well, if i can't find radiance anywhere when i run out of my current bottle, i can always purchase cosmic radiance to substitute.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

COSMIC RADIANCE is fruity/sweet on first application, but it's sweet in a fresh and zingy way. I can separate the mandarin, but the pear is the star here. I can't detect any litchi.

The initial fruity blast burns down with ten minutes, but some of the zesty sweetness lingers throughout the fragrance, so maybe they added some pear notes in the heart and base of the fragrance too? The floral notes are very similar to Britney's first perfume Curious; the jasmine is the strongest floral on my skin, followed by the gardenia. I could detect a hint of tuberose, but thankfully it's only brief and soon becomes lost under the jasmine. I was disappointed not to be able to detect any of the peony.

The gardenia note lingers throughout the base, but musk soon over takes it. The musk note is light and clean, so it gives the perfume a sense of airiness. I usually find musky fragrances too heavy, but this seems 'watered' down. The vanilla and sandalwood combine to provide the first real shot of sweetness to the perfume after an hour or so.

Official scent notes: Mandarin, pear, litchi, peony, jasmine, gardenia, tuberose, musk, amber, vanilla and creamy sandalwood.

The staying power is better then the original Radiance - probably because this is more focused on the florals, rather then the fruits. I can still smell it at the end of the day, a pleasant surprise. The gentle fruit notes make this a good choice for daytime, but the stronger florals make me tend to think of it as night wear. Being lightly fruity and using fresh, white florals mean that I'd actually class this as being better suited to spring/summer. But, then again, it does give me a icy, energizing jolt, so it can make a great pick-me-up on work days.

I'd describe COSMIC RADIANCE best in one sentence as being a blend of the fruity freshness of the original Radiance and the surprisingly sophisticated white florals found in Curious. COSMIC RADIANCE leans strongly towards floral with lighter fruit notes, whilst the original Radiance is more fruity than floral, so this is less sweet and more 'adult' then the original. Even though the bottle is bejewelled and says 'Britney Spears', the fragrance inside is something that I'd think of as for the over 21 crowd.

Although I am enjoying my bottle and prefer this over the original, this isn't unique enough for me to re-buy.

I think it would make a good gift choice as it's not a disagreeable fragrance and women of just about any age could wear it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cosmic Radiance is the followup fragrance to last years Radiance by Britney Spears and I must say it is far superior. I have and love the original Radiance... but Cosmic radiance is a much sweeter, more citrusy perfume. It still has some of that radiant feel from the original, but it's a darker sexier version.

The top notes are lychee, pear, and mandarin. A heart of jasmine, gardenia, tuberose, peony and the base contains musk, amber, sandalwood and liquid vanilla.

Upon first spritz, you get a very citrusy opening vs. the original red berry opening. I get mostly lychee and pear on my skin, although I do slightly smell the mandarin. I do get the heart, and even the base from the beginning in cosmic radiance. I can smell the florals and that creamy sweet base from initial spritz. The base is what I love most about it, it's a much sweeter base than the original Radiance. That Amber mixing with the liquid vanilla creates a very sweet candy like effect.

It's a very citrus fruity sweet floral candy like vanilla, but without being a gourmand fantasy type of a scent. I find it to be much more complex than Radiance was.

This is without a doubt Britney's best fragrance to date and it's quickly becoming the favorite of my entire collection.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No