April 17, 2014 | 1581 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Albolene - Moisturizing Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sugarandspice101

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff.It is cheap,it easily takes off eye makeup and doesnt irritate the skin around the eyes.I moisten a cotton ball with a little water and wipe off my makeup.I dont know how well it would work for waterproof makeup but for regular mascara and eyeliner it's great.This is also reccomended for people with sensitive skin.It comes in a big tub container and is about 11-12.00.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried many eye makeup removers. I used to primarily buy vaseline because it was economical and did the job. Then when I didn't have to worry so much about money, I tried a few of the liquid makeup removers and only found them to be fair. I was soaking cotton ball after cotton ball trying to remove the mascara and it was still there and my undereye area was really getting rubbed. Then I tried the towelettes. Some of them actually burned my eyes and skin and I didn't like the way my face felt afterwards. Baby oil has too much of a scent and is a little too oily. Albolene is similar to vaseline in texture; however, it melts instantly upon contact with your skin. It will remove foundation and eyemakeup. It is dermatologist recommended and also fragrance free. I am very dry and allergic, especially in the winter. So this works well for me. It is gentle. The price is about $11 for a large jar but it seems to last a long time. This is my second jar. I like to try new things but after being away from this for awhile, I did come back to it once again. It is called a moisturizing cleanser so if you are on the oily side, you may only want to use it around your eye area.