April 24, 2014 | 1857 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Albolene - Moisturizing Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

So this review is for anyone with acne who is considering trying albolene. I tried it because now im in my late 20's my skin is drier, I have my acne under control, but the wrong product can lead to flareups. I used it in October -Dec. It really does remove eye makup. How I used it: rubbed on eye area, tissued off, and washed rest of face with usual mild cleanser. No breakouts, untill... It was winter my skin was dry, I decided to use it on the rest of my face to remove all my makeup, after a week of this I started getting breakouts on my cheeks where I normally don't breakout, so I stopped using it and my breakouts cleard up.

I now use cold/ expeller pressed sunflower oil, with 0 breakouts! I've been using sunflower since Jan-now for 4 months without issues :) Its only $2 for a huge bottle. I gave my albolene to my mom who loves it.

My skin will breakout with anything I had previously been on 2 rounds of accutane that wore off after 2 years etc..

Everyone's skin is diff, but if your skin sounds like mine skip the Albolene and give sunflower oil a try.

Albolene is a solid I should of figured it would clog my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sugarandspice101

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff.It is cheap,it easily takes off eye makeup and doesnt irritate the skin around the eyes.I moisten a cotton ball with a little water and wipe off my makeup.I dont know how well it would work for waterproof makeup but for regular mascara and eyeliner it's great.This is also reccomended for people with sensitive skin.It comes in a big tub container and is about 11-12.00.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Louise

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried many eye makeup removers. I used to primarily buy vaseline because it was economical and did the job. Then when I didn't have to worry so much about money, I tried a few of the liquid makeup removers and only found them to be fair. I was soaking cotton ball after cotton ball trying to remove the mascara and it was still there and my undereye area was really getting rubbed. Then I tried the towelettes. Some of them actually burned my eyes and skin and I didn't like the way my face felt afterwards. Baby oil has too much of a scent and is a little too oily. Albolene is similar to vaseline in texture; however, it melts instantly upon contact with your skin. It will remove foundation and eyemakeup. It is dermatologist recommended and also fragrance free. I am very dry and allergic, especially in the winter. So this works well for me. It is gentle. The price is about $11 for a large jar but it seems to last a long time. This is my second jar. I like to try new things but after being away from this for awhile, I did come back to it once again. It is called a moisturizing cleanser so if you are on the oily side, you may only want to use it around your eye area.