April 18, 2014 | 2002 users online

Lip Treatments - Jouer - Lip Enhancer - Conditioning Lip Treatment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not overly impressed with this lip treatment. Applies smoothly and works ok under lipstick. Odd scent--like old lady dusting powder scent. Does not last a long time. Does not work any better than drugstore lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by lexllmh

This stuff is seriously amazing; an awesome hydrator for dry lips + not sticky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a lipstick addict, I'm always looking for great lip treatments. Like so many reviewers, I received this in my monthly BirchBox. While it does give lips a temporarily glossy shine, the staying power was very limited. I didn't notice any major conditioning effects; in fact, this seemed less moisturizing than many of the under $5 drugstore products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I initially had received a mini of this from Jouer customer service when I inquired about a lipgloss color that was sold out. I was quite impressed by it, so decided to purchase the full-size for $15.

As others have mentioned, this is rather sticky. It has a bit of a clear lipgloss consistency, though not as tacky, and the viscosity is slicker. There is a shiny finish, and the slight pink tint doesn't really show up on the lips. It actually reminds me a bit of a similar product by Nivea, except without the fragrance. The Nivea also comes in a squeeze tube with a slanted tip.

Jouer claims that if applied 3X a day for 29 days, it will plump up the lips. I've not tried it that way, as I use other lip products during the day,. I use this at night before bed, and when I wake up and wipe off the excess, my lips are very soft, and though they don't feel plumper persay, the lines are definitely smoothed ou (which gives the illusion of plumper lips.)

Overall, I do really like the Conditiioning Lip Treatment, and will likely purchase when I run out. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read a good review of this so I wanted to try it. I try every new lip balm that I hear about because I am on the search for the one that will actually cure my superdry/peeling/cracking/wrinkled lip issue. This is slightly thin - not as creamy or greasy as I expected. It's nothing special and two hours after applying, my lips are back to their usual sad state. This feels like a drugstore product and I will not repurchase. The search continues. sigh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I also received this in my Birchbox and thought it worked very well on my lips. My lips looked supple and soft without any waxy feeling. It goes on smoothly and doesn't break me out around my lip area. I think it is pricey for what it does and I have other lip balms that perform just as well for less money. I also have to reapply which for being a lip treatment I was expecting to provide consistent moisture. However the difference is the silky feeling it gives my lips and for that I give this a four rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Expensive, but worth the price!
I don't know what's in this stuff, but it works wonders for chapped lips and in a hurry!
I am prone to chapped, cracked lips a lot in the winter months - very painful. I smooth on some of this, and my lips feel immediate relief and look and feel better within a day of using this.
Nice, glossy, non-sticky formula.
If I apply this before going to bed, my lips look like new when I wake up.
I just wish they added a more pleasant scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by hannabananahk

Imagine the taste of plastic any time you inadvertently licked your lips or if you put too much on. Ugh. The smell/taste of this is disgusting.

For something so expensive, it shouldn't smell/taste/feel so cheap. It's slimey and gross.

I cannot even tell if it's working. Definite skip!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Also received this in my Birchbox. I guess I may be the minority here, but I dont find this to be at all spectacular. It does make my lips feel and look great for a while, but I found it doesnt last very long on my lips. Even crappy burts bees can last through breakfast and morning coffee. I find myself constantly re applying this, more so than my cheap chapsticks. Ill use it up, but I certainly wont be paying 15$ for the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by oheyash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in my Birchbox as everyone else seems to have and I LOVE IT! I didn't notice I had dry lips UNTIL I started using this. I haven't used it during the day since I'm not a fan of reapplying makeup throughout the day so I've only been using it at night and my lips are amazingly soft in the AM. I won't hesitate in buying the full size once I run out of the sample.