October 22, 2014 | 1794 users online

Lip Treatments - Jouer - Lip Enhancer - Conditioning Lip Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I'm younger than most reviewers on this product are??? Anywho, onto the review!

A very kind Nordstrom employee (rare, I know) gave me a generous sample of this conditioning balm when they'd run out. The consistency is very thick, milky, and looks like a watered down sugar scrub with the grains still poking out. Don't worry, it's not a scrub! It just looks like one.

During the winter, I'd combine a layer of the original Jack Black lip balm (which by the way, ladies and gents, works magnificently to wick up long-dead layers of chapped lips), and then once I have my very newly bare lips, I'd use a tiny FINGERTIP DAB of this and smear it on my bottom lip only. I'd then purse and rub my lips together.

Now, IT IS a tad barely-sticky in texture, but definitely not an uncomfortable lipgloss sort of sticky. (Remember I'm not using a lot of it per use.) I don't quite know how to describe it, but it feels like a nice, healthy sticky. Unlike certain drugstore brands (coughcoughEOScough), this doesn't make my lips itch like a mother. It also gives back a little elasticity to your lips when you apply them on it-hurts-to-smile chapped lips--you don't even have to exfoliate first, which is a mega-plus.

For the pricetag... this baby is $14, last time I checked and that was during the holidays. Though I like it, I wouldn't shell out $14 for a new tube unless it was the aforementioned holidays, or unless it was my HG gotta-have-it lip conditioner. It's not. Jack Black's lip balm is sold at half the price and does about the same job (except, JB has a tinly, menthol sensation).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

I've used a variety of lip balms and hydration solutions, and I found this one to be sub-par. It felt heavy on my lips, and didn't seem to sink in like other treatments. It also felt sticky. After about half an hour I ended up wiping this off, because it felt like it just sat on my lips. As far as moisturizing lip treatments go, I'll stick to Fresh's Sugar line. It's more expensive, but works so much better. This also had no fragrance, which will appeal to some, but I appreciate a bit of a scent (which, again, sends me back to Fresh).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not overly impressed with this lip treatment. Applies smoothly and works ok under lipstick. Odd scent--like old lady dusting powder scent. Does not last a long time. Does not work any better than drugstore lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by lexllmh

This stuff is seriously amazing; an awesome hydrator for dry lips + not sticky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a lipstick addict, I'm always looking for great lip treatments. Like so many reviewers, I received this in my monthly BirchBox. While it does give lips a temporarily glossy shine, the staying power was very limited. I didn't notice any major conditioning effects; in fact, this seemed less moisturizing than many of the under $5 drugstore products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I initially had received a mini of this from Jouer customer service when I inquired about a lipgloss color that was sold out. I was quite impressed by it, so decided to purchase the full-size for $15.

As others have mentioned, this is rather sticky. It has a bit of a clear lipgloss consistency, though not as tacky, and the viscosity is slicker. There is a shiny finish, and the slight pink tint doesn't really show up on the lips. It actually reminds me a bit of a similar product by Nivea, except without the fragrance. The Nivea also comes in a squeeze tube with a slanted tip.

Jouer claims that if applied 3X a day for 29 days, it will plump up the lips. I've not tried it that way, as I use other lip products during the day,. I use this at night before bed, and when I wake up and wipe off the excess, my lips are very soft, and though they don't feel plumper persay, the lines are definitely smoothed ou (which gives the illusion of plumper lips.)

Overall, I do really like the Conditiioning Lip Treatment, and will likely purchase when I run out. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read a good review of this so I wanted to try it. I try every new lip balm that I hear about because I am on the search for the one that will actually cure my superdry/peeling/cracking/wrinkled lip issue. This is slightly thin - not as creamy or greasy as I expected. It's nothing special and two hours after applying, my lips are back to their usual sad state. This feels like a drugstore product and I will not repurchase. The search continues. sigh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also received this in my Birchbox and thought it worked very well on my lips. My lips looked supple and soft without any waxy feeling. It goes on smoothly and doesn't break me out around my lip area. I think it is pricey for what it does and I have other lip balms that perform just as well for less money. I also have to reapply which for being a lip treatment I was expecting to provide consistent moisture. However the difference is the silky feeling it gives my lips and for that I give this a four rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Expensive, but worth the price!
I don't know what's in this stuff, but it works wonders for chapped lips and in a hurry!
I am prone to chapped, cracked lips a lot in the winter months - very painful. I smooth on some of this, and my lips feel immediate relief and look and feel better within a day of using this.
Nice, glossy, non-sticky formula.
If I apply this before going to bed, my lips look like new when I wake up.
I just wish they added a more pleasant scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by hannabananahk

Imagine the taste of plastic any time you inadvertently licked your lips or if you put too much on. Ugh. The smell/taste of this is disgusting.

For something so expensive, it shouldn't smell/taste/feel so cheap. It's slimey and gross.

I cannot even tell if it's working. Definite skip!