Essie Power Clutch

4.3

on 11/18/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE this colour! Beautiful grey shade with undertones of green. I get compliments every time I wear it. Great formula, opaque with 1-2 coats and lasts really well with a top coat. Definitely recommended.

on 10/12/2012 2:41:00 PM

Power Clutch is a dark, grey-green color. The formula is on the thin side, as it took me 3 coats to apply opaquely. It wore for 4 days before I had to remove it because of tip wear. While the color is beautiful and perfect for fall/winter, the formula leaves a lot to be desired.

on 4/6/2012 4:47:00 AM

Stunner!

Really edgy shade, a deep dark gray with hints of both green and blue in various lights, compliments my pale medium-yellow toned skin extremely well, I got it in mini size but since it's using up fast I'll probably get a full size bottle soon. Loving the Essie quality, very shiny, opaque, slightly thick formula but easy to work with, one of my recent favorite polishes!

on 2/27/2012 9:16:00 AM

Power Clutch is a nice dark grey with a bit of green undertones on my NW15-20 skin. It's a creme that applies nicely and wears nicely. About 3 days until I have visible tip wear but I'm also rough on my hands. It's definitely a unique shade in my stash. I'm glad I got it.

on 1/6/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Another nice polish from Essie. I agree with the very first reviewer, who said that she doesn't notice any green in this, just a nice medium gray. I don't find the formula runny and two coats makes it completely opaque. I only wouldn't repurchase because I have other grays and a truckload of polish overall.

on 12/20/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first Essie nail polish, and I can't say that I'm disappointed. I love grayish colors for the fall, and this color is beautiful. It was a tiny bit runnier that I expected it to be, but I didn't have a lot of the issues that other reviewers have had with running. It's also glossy and comes in a really cute bottle. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is that I want to try other colors in the Essie line as well, and I don't think I'm going to finish this bottle any time soon. ( I own a lot of nail polish lol.)

on 12/16/2011 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will admit I bought this based on all good reviews on here and the name Power Clutch seemed so cute to me! I was excited to use it and I planned on wearing it to a x-mas party tomorrow evening! This was surprisingly RUNNY. When I applied this I had to put a piece of paper underneath to catch the fast drips so then I applied with a much lighter hand and had to build it up. But after I did that I realized that I did not care for the color since it just looked dirty like wet clay on me and I removed it quickly.

on 11/29/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a dark murky gray color. It looks lighter in the bottle than when dried on nails. My skintone brings out a very steel gray color rather than a greenish cast ( dark gunmetal color). I took a star off because out of the fall 2011 collection I found this to be a bit thinner than the others and although it didn't run into my cuticles, I had to pay much more attention when applying it to make sure it didn't. Also, the first coat streaked pretty bad, this definately takes 2 coats.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Really nice fall color. Easy to apply, glossy finish and lasting power. Plus, it's really flattering on me

on 11/1/2011 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The color is PERFECT. It's my first Essie polish and I'm not dissappointed at all. (: I really love it and it had fairly good staying power for how hard I am on my hands. My only problem, which was minor, is that it seemed really thin to me. I had to really work with it to avoid having it pool up in my cuticles. I know it wasn't just me, because I've never really had that problem with other polishes. With a bit more effort though, I was able to achieve a perfect mani. :D Love it!

Popular Polishes