October 21, 2014 | 1865 users online

Polishes - Essie - Power Clutch

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Power Clutch is a dark, grey-green color. The formula is on the thin side, as it took me 3 coats to apply opaquely. It wore for 4 days before I had to remove it because of tip wear. While the color is beautiful and perfect for fall/winter, the formula leaves a lot to be desired.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by hermetic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Stunner!

Really edgy shade, a deep dark gray with hints of both green and blue in various lights, compliments my pale medium-yellow toned skin extremely well, I got it in mini size but since it's using up fast I'll probably get a full size bottle soon. Loving the Essie quality, very shiny, opaque, slightly thick formula but easy to work with, one of my recent favorite polishes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Power Clutch is a nice dark grey with a bit of green undertones on my NW15-20 skin. It's a creme that applies nicely and wears nicely. About 3 days until I have visible tip wear but I'm also rough on my hands. It's definitely a unique shade in my stash. I'm glad I got it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another nice polish from Essie. I agree with the very first reviewer, who said that she doesn't notice any green in this, just a nice medium gray. I don't find the formula runny and two coats makes it completely opaque. I only wouldn't repurchase because I have other grays and a truckload of polish overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

This was my first Essie nail polish, and I can't say that I'm disappointed. I love grayish colors for the fall, and this color is beautiful. It was a tiny bit runnier that I expected it to be, but I didn't have a lot of the issues that other reviewers have had with running. It's also glossy and comes in a really cute bottle. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is that I want to try other colors in the Essie line as well, and I don't think I'm going to finish this bottle any time soon. ( I own a lot of nail polish lol.)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I will admit I bought this based on all good reviews on here and the name Power Clutch seemed so cute to me! I was excited to use it and I planned on wearing it to a x-mas party tomorrow evening! This was surprisingly RUNNY. When I applied this I had to put a piece of paper underneath to catch the fast drips so then I applied with a much lighter hand and had to build it up. But after I did that I realized that I did not care for the color since it just looked dirty like wet clay on me and I removed it quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a dark murky gray color. It looks lighter in the bottle than when dried on nails. My skintone brings out a very steel gray color rather than a greenish cast ( dark gunmetal color). I took a star off because out of the fall 2011 collection I found this to be a bit thinner than the others and although it didn't run into my cuticles, I had to pay much more attention when applying it to make sure it didn't. Also, the first coat streaked pretty bad, this definately takes 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by chipshumptydumpty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really nice fall color. Easy to apply, glossy finish and lasting power. Plus, it's really flattering on me

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Gothkenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The color is PERFECT. It's my first Essie polish and I'm not dissappointed at all. (: I really love it and it had fairly good staying power for how hard I am on my hands. My only problem, which was minor, is that it seemed really thin to me. I had to really work with it to avoid having it pool up in my cuticles. I know it wasn't just me, because I've never really had that problem with other polishes. With a bit more effort though, I was able to achieve a perfect mani. :D Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Dark greenish blue and gray. Looks lighter in the bottle but comes out very dark. From Fall 2011 collection.