October 24, 2014 | 1742 users online

Gels/Soaps - Reviva Labs - Seaweed Soap

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I love trying new soaps. Granted I haven't tried all that many, but I love picking up "au natural" soaps when I find them at my local Marshalls, TJMaxx, Whole Food and other health food stores! I actually have never purchased anything from Lush, I've only walked in there a few times.. but I am very curious to try some of their things as well.

Reviva Labs is a brand that in my opinion, doesn't get enough praise. It's a fabulous brand and everything I've tried, I really liked. This soap is no exception!

For the past few weeks, this soap has been the only thing I've used on my face as cleanser and on my body in the shower. I do like using African Black Soap, but I feel like the Seaweed Soap doesn't dry out my skin like the A.B.S does.

If you're sensitive to scents, or are easily offended by products with no fragrance added, this soap may be a little too much for you. "Natural" smelling products don't bother me at all, and although this soap is a little pungent, I'm completely fine with it.

The bar has little grits of seaweed that feel great on the skin. I like to scrub any areas prone to ingrowns, such as the back of my forearms by my elbows and my knees. I feel squeaky clean at the end of my shower, yet my skin feels very soft to the touch.

On my face, I typically use this soap in conjunction with my Olay Pro-X Cleansing Brush. It takes away all of my makeup with ease and has made my face noticeably softer. **I'd recommend using a separate remover for your eye makeup, as it does burn when the soap comes in contact with your eyes.

As far as cellulite reduction, I haven't been keeping tabs on that, but I will be re-purchasing this soap, so maybe it's something I'll notice in the long-run.