September 30, 2014 | 1743 users online

Polishes - Mavala - Las Vegas

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by melissasmart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as I read it had fewer chemicals though I doubt ordinary nail varnish is going to kill me.

Las Vegas is a nice deep red but not too dark and vampy. For a lower chemical product this had a very strong smell. I usually do two coats but my nails still looked streaky with this product. It also seems to chip more easily than normal varnish.

Back to Rimmel.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't recall the exact price of this but it was super cheap. Tiny bottle so it may have cost just a buck (Canadian) or so. The things I like about it are the tiny bottle/brush, and the amazing colour. Love the colour! It's like the perfect oxblood. However, the rest is not good news. The colour is so so streaky. After two coats I still have streaks and I don't have the patience to do another. The smell is so much stronger than any other polish I own. And the drying time is ridiculous. I applied this at about 9pm. Went to sleep after midnight. When I woke up my nails were all sheet textured. Grrrrrr. Seriously! After more than 3 hours it does this? No thanks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dead ringer for Essie Bordeaux but with not as nice a formula. 3 coats needed for full streak free coverage, but an excellent substitute in a pinch. Picked it up in Europe when my Bordeaux was peeling. Looks much browner in the bottle, but on the nail is exact dupe.