November 23, 2014 | 1258 users online

Eyes - Lancome - Aquatique Waterproof EyeColour Base

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Candy1981

I still have this product but gave up on using it. First, it is not waterproof and it creases on my eyelids after a couple of hours. The same result I get if I don't use any primer at all. Also, it it very tricky to use and I don't like how messy it gets in the pot after a while. I will stick to liquid primers they work so much better to me. For the price of 24$ I woudn't recommend this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MrsMcMahon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this product. I have used other primers and have found them to work MUCH BETTER. This causes my eyeshadow to crease, and my eyelids start to actually look greasy. I will never buy this again. I used to use Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow as a base and LOVED it. Too bad its discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I got this as a GWP in the nude shade (they also offer it in a deep shade) and it's wonderful! I have used UDPP and other primers, but this is the only one with enough pigment to completely erase any lid color before applying my shadow. It's very silky, and feels much more moist than some others - I think you just have to be sure to close the lid tightly after each use. It keeps my shadow from creasing all day, and I've even used it as an under-eye concealer and it works equally well. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ilovemacchiato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This keeps my eye shadow on well. I think this works better than the Urban Decay potion on me. I have the nude color. A little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This is a little on the pricey side, but this is honestly how MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly should be like( not colour wise obviously 2 completely different colour, but texture and quality etc.)
I found this worked great for me!
It's s a smooth and blendable cream formula, beige eyeshadow base. the thing I like most about is it does actually even out the tone of my eyes before my eyeshadows go on. I sometimes just wear this alone, and it makes my eyes look really awake and even toned.
Keeps my eyeshadows on all day, I can understand how this would crease and fold for a lot of people. I had that same problem initially, but then I realise minimal is the key word for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is.............adequate. I do not find it as awful as some have said it is. I don't find it all that great. After having used UDPP, NARS, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, et al. This is, as I said, adequate. Fine in a pinch if you've run out of your usual HG base. I purchased this to get a GWP w/ Lancome that I wanted. This works for me because I really don't suffer from oily eyelids, but it doesn't help to intensify the color, nor does it really help the color apply any easier or better than without it.

It is exorbitantly expensive for a low quality product and does nothing extraordinary for the price that is charged.

I would not recommend it, go buy UDPP which is better @ a cheaper price or NARS which is excellent and STILL at a cheaper price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Highlights crepeiness, caused irritation, and made eyeshadows and concealer crease. Does exactly what it's not supposed to do. A waste of money and time.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really bad. It's not even waterproof! For the price of this product, I would exepct much more quality. Plus, I just found out that Lancome tests on animals, yuck!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MakeupIsMyLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

to pricey for what the end result was. my shadow ended up creasing with in 2 hours, i have insanely oily lids but i expected more from this primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by gcpecor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was one of the first shadow primers on the market and it's still a favorite of mine. I have tried a few others, Laura Geller, Benefit, and Clinique. This applies smoothly, a little goes a long way. My shadows never ball up on this primer. This happens with the others, listed above, towards the outer part of my eye and I have to scrape it away. My shadows hold their color pigment all day, no creasing, no fading. Blending is much easier with a good primer.
I have never had these dry out on me.