October 25, 2014 | 953 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lise Watier - Duo Lash Booster

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for 3 weeks, so I will update my review once I've finished the product entirely. I bought this to use on my brows to fill in the sparse areas where past over-tweezing has left me with bald spots. I am also using it on my lashes to see how it performs there. This is my first product of this kind, so I have nothing to compare it to. The SA at Shoppers recommended this, saying she used it with great results herself. It doesn't burn or irritate my eyes, and absorbs quickly. I should have taken before and after pictures, but I'll take one today and then compare at the end. The lash booster has a sersum on one end, and a mascara wand with fortifying product on the other. I think the mascara part seems somewhat useless to be honest. The directions say it can be applied twice a day, I've been trying to remember twice a day, but have definitely applied daily since I bought it. It costs quite a bit, $55 at Shoppers in Canada. I guess it would be worth it if it makes a significant noticible difference and the product lasts a long time?
So far I do notice a slight difference, especially on my brows. They seem thicker and fuller, more filled in on the bald gaps, so I will continue to use the rest of the product. According to the box you should notice longer lashes in 2 weeks, which I don't. So that's why I've only given 3 lippies for now.
Here's the ingedients list (taken off the Lise Watier website and confirmed when compared to the box):
Fortifying Treatment Ingredients: Aqua (Eau/Water),Cera Carnauba (Cire De Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyisobutene, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Isostearic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Faex (Extrait De Levure/Yeast Extract), Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Allantoin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. Lenghtenning Serum Ingredients: Aqua (Eau/Water), Glycerin, Panthenol, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol.
EDIT - 18/10/11 - I've used this for two months and I'm keeping my rating the same. It didn't really make my lashes longer or thicker, but it definitely filled in spots on my brows. I still have some spaces though, and it didn't do anything at all for lashes. On top of that the packaging sucks. It's designed so you can't get the last 1/4 of the product out of the tube. I'm trying Rapidlash next.