Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color - RD103 Petal

4.8

on 12/17/2014 8:30:00 AM

The best blush I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot! With my combination skin I can find blush hard to blend, and because I'm so pale the colour can stick out like a bright blotch if I'm not careful. But this colour is perfect for my skintone, and looks very natural. It blends beautifully with the little blush that comes with it, but I finish the effect with a kabuki brush for an even more natural look. I'll definitely buy it again when I run out. The only reason I took off two lippies for the price was because I think it's a bit on the high side, but then again, I would certainly recommend it because I do think it's worth paying the extra for. I'd also have liked a slighlty larger brush. But for colour and texture, which are the imortant things after all, it's a five star product for me.

on 1/3/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What a pretty peachy pink blush Petal is! On me it leans towards pink but more natural than candy-like, brightens my complexion and goes well with most looks.
The texture is lovely, smooth and buttery with just the right pigmentation; neither sheer nor easy to overdo.
The satin finish is just perfect to make the cheeks look radiant in and my skin healthier without glittery particles.
Lasts the whole day.
A winner in my book.

on 7/16/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Best blush for my NC20 skin ever. I completely adore this blush and this has become my official HG for my asian NC20 skintone. I used to think Nars Orgasm was my HG, but honestly I started thinking the shimmer looks cheap and who on earth has shimmery/sparkly/frosty cheeks when they're glowing ?? Nobody has shimmer or sparkly cheeks when they glow, so it's not a natural looking blush. Also on me it was more fuschia pink.

A fellow MUA-er recommended me Shiseido Petal as an alternative that is more matte, and I ran to the drugstore and tested it and fell in LOVE. It is BUTTERY smooth, and silky. I was shocked to find out it was $38 (much more than NARS blushes) but the color looked so much like a glow and flush without the sparkles that I bought it. I put it on and took a picture of myself and I love it so much, and it wears ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT for me without a primer. $38 well spent, for beautiful healthy everyday pink/peach blush that goes with anything and never looking over the top.

Choose NARS Orgasm if:
-You like a very shimmery cheek
-If you want a blush that looks like a highlighter
-If you have dry skin (on my oily skin, Orgasm looks like I'm sweating because I already have dewiness)
-If you like a very pink blush (NARS describes it as peachy pink but on my NC20 skin it turns out very bright pink)

Choose Shiseido Petal if:
-You have oily skin (I feel oily skin looks better with matte blushes)
-If you want a perfect balance between peach and pink
-If you want a glow without any shimmer or sparkles
-You like silky buttery soft blushes
-A good everyday blush that goes with anything

on 9/2/2012 1:21:00 AM

I bought this product a while ago and i'm now hitting pan. I've used this blush everyday, summer and winter. This blush gives me a healthy rosy glow on my cheeks when i'm paler during winter time and when i'm more tanned during summer. I absolutely love it! The powder is fine milled and goes on with a satiny finish. It stays all day long. It is a beautiful peachy coraly color that complement every skin tone (I have asian skin tone). It comes in a classy compact with a mirror inside and a super soft brush for blush application (though i use my blush brush out of habit, it's nice to have it there when i'm on vacation). I absolutely recommend it to everyone. It might be a bit pricey but it's definitely worth every penny and it last you a long long time! I think i've found my HG blush! Highly recommend!

on 7/29/2012 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely finish, natural and glowy. I need a few layers usually, so a touch sheer for my taste, but it's buildable. My main problems with it is that the pinky peach colour goes a bit ruddy on my light olive skin tone, it's expensive and doesn't particularly last long during the day.

on 6/5/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Well, I have been hopelessly addicted to my Tarte Exposed blush, but I wanted something a little more summery for the warmer months. I had heard many good things about the Shiseido blushes, so I tried this one on at a counter. I really love it, it looks super natural on my very fair skin, the perfect shade for this spring/summer. It's the peachiest of all the shades, but it definitely has a nice dose of pink so it does not look overbearingly warm on my cool skin. The blush is fine, not powdery at all. Sheer but buildable, and it does impart a very subtle glow to the skin. The packaging is very elegant, and the brush is not half bad (it's good enough that I would skip lugging around a blush brush if I was traveling with it). This will be go-to blush for the warmer seasons. :)

on 3/3/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was fated to buy this blush. A. It's a blush. B. It has both "luminizing" and "satin" in the name. Those words are like "Open, Sesame!" to my heart, and there you have it. I was not to be disappointed. Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in RD103, Petal, is one of the most drool-worthy blushes I've seen in a long time. It is a lovely rose---sunkissed pink, warm with a hint of peach. I am a pale, pale NW5 or NW7 to my estimation... somewhere between Casper the Friendly Ghost and a fish belly. I have trouble with any blush that leans the slightest bit to the "muddy" side, as many "sunkissed" or nude shades do. This is natural and can be applied very lightly for a muted effect without being too dull or clay-like. Petal is rather light in hue, but it is pigmented and layers well. The promised "luminizing satin finish" is hard to describe in words: not shimmer, but careful interplay of pigments that have the effect of matte-but-with-dimension. If you swatch it with a finger you'll see the slightest bit of overall sheen. It wears well, and I live in the tropics. It's generously sized and should last for a long time, but I would run, not walk, to repurchase this treasure.

on 2/16/2012 9:10:00 PM

Have to add my two cents about this fab blush! I am a blush addict, and have too many to count, from all of the major companies. I was out over the weekend and was lemming a new blush and realized I had never tried Shiseido (although I love their eyeshadows and cream eyeshadows are second to none). I picked up this one and was really happily surprised at what a beautiful blush this is. It does look blah in the pan, but on the cheek, it gives off a natural, pretty soft glow that just lights up your face. Very fresh looking. My only quibble is the boring packaging. Highly recommend!

on 1/18/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Gorgeous natural looking, high quality blush. Finely milled & gives a natural glow. Foolproof. HG & fabulous!

on 12/21/2011 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

RD103 (Petal) is a beautiful blush for all skintones. I was a little disappointed when I opened the packaging to see a boring dull dusty rose color in there. Because I'm medium and currently wearing NC40, I assumed that this blush wasn't really pigmented from looking at the pan. I literally loaded up my blush brush and blended it in my cheeks. Holy Good Gumballs! I looked like a clown. To my surprise, this is EXTREMELY pigmented. I had to wash off and repeat, hahaha. Seriously, you only need a quick dab in the pan for both cheeks. The color is freaking gorgeous and surprised me as well. The color is a peachy pink with the perfect glow. What I mean by perfect glow is that Shiseido perfects an effect that provides subtle luminosity without using cheap glitter and sparkles. This is what highend blush is all about my friends. Mr. Nars, you can learn from this! The staying power of this blush is amazing as well. I am truly delighted that I picked up the blush on a whim. This blush retails for $30.00 and this is or can be expensive for most. However, this blush is a good investement because the size is .22 oz which is bigger then Nars at .16 oz. Shiseido blush comes with a nice blush brush and it's so pigmented, it will last for a very long time! Due to the qualities of this product, I can justify paying a little more. If I could give this blush 10 lippies, I would.

Popular Blush Products