Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 7/29/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Might buy again, but it's so expensive. I do like Chanel's Double Perfection powder foundation a lot, and might get that instead. It's one of the best powder foundations out there. Or frankly I might just go for something less costly.

PROS:

Nice texture, easy to apply with sponge.

Matte finish that is really demi-matte due to mica in the formula, hence the "lumiere." There is some iridescence to it but the finish is dry. Good for combination or somewhat oily skin.

Nice coverage.

Has SPF 15 which is minimal but better than nothing, and it's titanium dioxide which doesn't bother my skin.

I like my Beige 10 color match. It's a great-looking foundation.

CONS:

I hate that there is fragrance in this. Fragrance isn't good for your face; it's an irritant. It's okay to wear perfume and all that, but unless you have indestructible, perfect acne-free non-sensitive skin, you are better off without it.

$58 is a lot, not the most expensive foundation I've bought, but there are some good ones that are closer to $40.

After wearing this for several hours in humid weather, it does feel like you have something on your face, versus some foundations that feel weightless.

If you are against animal testing, caring companies like Urban Decay have a joyful Leaping Bunny logo and this doesn't.

Sometimes Chanel salespeople are pretentious.

INGREDIENTS:

Active: Titanium Dioxide 3.1%; Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methyl Trimethicone, PEG-1O Dimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Algin, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isoceteth-10, Zinc Sulfate, Hydrated Silica, Denatonium Benzoate May Contain: Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 7/28/2015 7:22:00 PM

I do like this foundation. It requires me to blot mid-day on my nose and t-zone. I've been told I have normal, at times slightly dry skin. The smell of the product is glorious, mmm so pretty. When I do apply this I use a traditional foundation brush and work fast because it dries quickly, once it is set my skin looks matte and flawless. Not the best, not the worst either.

on 7/7/2015 3:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I received this foundation about a week ago and have used it every day with my Sigma F80 flat head kabuki.
On the good side, the 20 Beige is a good color match for my LLL/MMM yellow undertone skin. It looks light going on but after a while it oxidizes and gives me just the right match; so if you are between shades, I'd suggest going to the lighter one.
i always use moisturizer and primer and follow up the makeup with some powder. Well, though it felt drying at first, after a couple hours my forehead and area around my nose was shiney. I blotted with a powder puff which was satisfactory.
I didn't notice any specially good coverage, nor did I detect any 'luminous' look.
When I use this up, I'm going back to my beloved Nars Sheer Glow in Ceylan.
This is a nice foundation, but for such a high end one, it was nothing special. Not to mention the floral scent.

on 6/3/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Surprised to see the low rating for this. I have skin that one day is very oily and the next it can be flaky and dry. But this foundation wears beautiful no matter how bipolar my skin is acting. It has a lovely smell that does not cause irritation for me. The only thing is the price tag on this... 58$ YIKES! But it's a total splurge/pamper yourself purchase that I actually would pick this up again, once I run out, to wear on days I wanna feel extra pretty. Cause something about knowing a Chanel product is on you adds a little extra to your mood as opposed to wearing MAC or something drugstore lol!

on 5/26/2015 2:09:00 PM

I really wanted to love this foundation; unfortunately it was a dud for me. My skin is combination/oily, so I really thought this would be the foundation for me to get a more natural finish (I'm over matte skin!!). Despite my skin, this foundation made my face look so dry! No matter how I tried to apply it, it left my skin looking aged and dry. The sales associate/makeup artist assured me that this foundation would be great for my skin since I tend to be oily and sometimes experience large pores, but alas, she was very wrong. Very disappointed, and I returned it to Saks. I would not recommend this.

on 5/17/2015 1:20:00 AM

For reference, I got this in shades Beige 40 and 70 and mix them together, as sometimes I'm very tan. It gives a nice glow, but it's not super dewy, it lasts all day long, there's no need for powder as it sets so well. I love it for the nights out, looks great in photos and holds well through the night, but overall is not my fave, and there are other better options out there, so I wouldn't say that it's a must have in any way.

on 4/18/2015 3:40:00 PM

A good full coverage foundation. Sometimes leaves my skin a little dry on the cheeks which is why I will not purchase again - need something a bit kinder!

on 4/18/2015 11:41:00 AM

In the UK most high end make up counters flatly refuse to give out samples, so that they can put pressure on you to sit down and try it on your face for you. Once you agree to this and you arein the chair, you can bet that you will not be getting out of it without buying at least one product off them. ( most likely it wont even be the product that you originally expressed an interest in)
I asked for a sample of the chanel perfection lumiere and of course the SA flatly (and quite rudely too) refused. When she offered to try it on me, i agreed, and of course i knew i would then be subjected to the high pressure sales routine that these ladies are oh so skilled in.
Normally i am useless at resisting it but once i got this foundation on, i knew that there was no way i was going to buy it.
I was matched up to shade 22, which was a very good match. My biggest problem is that the coverage of this foundation is practically zero. I mentioned that to the SA, and she just said "oh do you think so?"and looked uterly shocked when i asked her to put a bit more on. Every single spot, dark patch and wrinkle was totally visible.
Granted the foundation did look glowy but that could have been for the umpteen balms and serums and primers that she used before the actual foundation itself. As for staying power, it was patchy by about 3 hours wear. One good point was that it did not sink into the smile lines around my mouth but i think that's because there was practically nothing In the way of coverage.
For once i evaded the high pressure sales and DID NOT buy this foundation. I would recommend it to ladies with perfect skin who only need very sheer coverage but even for that there are less expensive better foundations out there.

My search for the HG foundation goes on!

on 4/12/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This was the first Chanel foundation I tried - and in all honesty, I'm in a love-hate relationship with it. more on the hate side.
The SA at Chanel in recommended me this in shade 30 Beige and I had it tried on with their Chanel Illuminating Base - it stayed put on my face the whole day and I fell in love with it!

However, when I went to purchase it, another SA said 40 Beige would be better for my skin tone (NC35 in MAC/4N1 in Estee Lauder DW), I alternatively still went for the 30 Beige.

When I now apply it on my face with the RT Expert Face brush, I can see that the colour looks slightly TOO light for my skin tone. I however use bronzer to darken it up slightly.

Staying power - DISAPPOINTED. this foundation made me look like an oily mess within 2/3 hours of wear. It also oxidised to a much more horrible colour and I looked like the bottom of a frying pan.

I was told by others that I should have tried the Perfection Lumiere Velvet - but i'm put off Chanel foundations now. I use it mixed with other foundations that are slightly dark or otherwise it's just lying in my makeup drawer.

on 4/10/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have never been so amazed with a foundation until i tried this. I usually wear Giorgio armani; luminous silk which i thought was the most suitable for my skin type as i dont like wearing heavy foundation but after a few years i decided i wanted a change and my friend recommended i try this. I brought a few samples first to test the waters and i found it applied perfectly on my skin and set really nicely. It felt a lot lighter compared to the armani one which i found took ages to dry and felt a bit tacky on my skin. With the Chanel foundation, i found it lasted all day and felt incredible on my skin... i didn't want to take it off ha! It also smells amazing, very peachy and i would recommend this to anyone who is after a light coverage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty